Jermy Corbyn - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some days, Stephen Daisley writes really good articles; other days he doesn't. That article was definitely composed on one of his 'other' days.

He should ask deed poll to remove the 'l' from his surname.

Noticed Miranda the Lib Dem token on This Week saying she'd joined the Labour Party to do her bit to make sure Corbyn didn't get elected! :blink:

She's worried they'll move away from the centre ground. I thought that'd be good for the Lib Dems in particular? :blink: :blink:

More weird logic!

I heard the Torygraph printed an article encouraging its readers to join and Labour and vote for Corbyn - to make Labour, in their view, unelectable (a 'bearded voter repellent', I think it was they called him).

Can someone explain the point of abstaining? As I understand they don't agree with the bill so are putting forward amendments but will abstain if these are rejected. Surely if you disagree with something you vote against it or am I being thick? :blink:

Would I be right in saying that Corbyn is the only no Oxford or Cambridge person standing? Maybe Scunnered will tell is when he is back next week? :wink2:

He would get my vote on that basis alone.

But it is also one of the reason that the establishment would never accept him.

Can someone explain the point of abstaining? As I understand they don't agree with the bill so are putting forward amendments but will abstain if these are rejected. Surely if you disagree with something you vote against it or am I being thick? :blink:

Abstaining allows the red Tories to agree with the blue Tories without being seen to actually vote in favour with the blue Tories thus keeping their separate identity as red, er, Tories but without being actual evil Tories....

It's less of a mouthful than "people who are secretly Tory at heart but pretend to be Labour"

Yeah. It makes you look equally pathetic and childish though. You look just as pathetic as the old Labour guys who call the SNP "Tartan Tories".

Yeah. It makes you look equally pathetic and childish though. You look just as pathetic as the old Labour guys who call the SNP "Tartan Tories".

Tartan Tories has no basis in truth. Red Tories does.

Calling labour out for what they are is hardly childish or pathetic. They're Tories in all but name. Each to their own though. Guess there must be a lot of wallopers going about that you know to be wallopers but have never met....

Tartan Tories has no basis in truth. Red Tories does.

Calling labour out for what they are is hardly childish or pathetic. They're Tories in all but name. Each to their own though. Guess there must be a lot of wallopers going about that you know to be wallopers but have never met....

You'll convince no one to come to your cause by calling Labour "Red Tories". You and your already convinced mates can all have a laugh and think how funny and clever you are. Your average undecided voter will be turned off by it though.