Scotland Players In Action - Page 120 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Naisy played most of last season for Everton. He's not had that chance yet this season but is easily one of our best and !ost important players. It's shit he misses out at Everton for guys like miralles who is a bawbag and no the best player I've ever seen.

Miralles has hardly played this season as well and is a far, far better player than Naismith, he may not have the same work ethos that Steven has but he is immensely more talented. The worrying thing is Martinez, who is clearly a Naismith fan, would rather play cleverly out of position and Kone, who has been good this season but generally shite, rather than him. I genuinely think his time at Everton is coming to an end. Maybes not a bad thing for us and him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwich have unsuccessfully bid for a few strikers so far so I wouldn't be averse to Naismith maybe going somewhere like that.

Not sure what his fee would potentially be though - circa £10m maybe?

hard to say with the english market, i would think bidding would start at half of that if not lower, mind you he's twice the player fletcher is.

Edited by LewisEDI

Norwich have unsuccessfully bid for a few strikers so far so I wouldn't be averse to Naismith maybe going somewhere like that.

Not sure what his fee would potentially be though - circa £10m maybe?

He's got 3 years left on his contract so I'd says it's more than that, which makes a tranfer look unlikely.

The amount of chances that fall to Naismith that he misses for Scotland scares the shizzle out of me sometimes. Can't help but feel griffiths is due (ah but malmo game folk will say. he barely had any chances and was isolated in that game)

I only watched the second half and extra time but I thought Naismith looked ok last night. He did look a bit rusty and only game time will help with that. He got a goal and put himself in some brilliant positions when in attack but 85% of the time Lukaku or whoever seemed to take an extra touch rather than playing him in and his runs were wasted. His positioning and runs are superb but my main criticism last night (An all too often in a Scotland shirt) he game the ball away leading to an opposition attack at least 5 times that I can think of. He was only a matter of inches from getting another goal to his credit.

He needs game time but with the EPL teams skunking cash like it's going out of fashion on the best Europe and the World football has to offer I can only see his opportunities being limited. Possibly a team like Crystal Palace, West Brom, Norwich, Bournemouth etc. might be his best option.

The amount of chances that fall to Naismith that he misses for Scotland scares the shizzle out of me sometimes. Can't help but feel griffiths is due (ah but malmo game folk will say. he barely had any chances and was isolated in that game)

We haven't had a striker that scores goals in a long time.

I'd never want to rely on Naismith to win us games, he just doesn't score goals.

Lack of game time for some key players is very worrying.WGS has got a lot to do.

Definitely this. It hasn't been a great start to the season. Hopefully wgs philosophy of hard training through next week will see us over the line for this game. It's tantalisingly close as were genuinely in the mix going in tithe last 4 games.I'd take another 1-0 right now.

The Malmo game certainly highlighted that he's an absolute roaster and a liability at international level...

I agree with Toepoke, Griffiths isn't strong enough to play up front on his own. Yes, he's a good finisher and has decent pace, but he just can't hold the ball up well and thinking back to the home game against Belgium, it was like he was a wee boy playing men. If Fletcher is fit he will start up front. If not, it will be Naismith who has played very well for us in that role in the past.

Almost as worrying as how bad Naismith was last night is that there are people posting on here that they thought he was quite good or ok. You do wonder if they watch the same sport as you. They clearly don't understand it.

There is zero chance Naismith will start at Spurs. But I think he'll play against Georgia. He's good in the air and wins cheap free-kicks, both of importance to Scotland. He's like a poor man's Don Hutchison.

If Fletcher doesn't make it, it would open up some interesting permutations actually(as long as Martin wasn't a direct replacement, which would be disastrous.)

I'd like to see Naismith as the lone striker which then would open up a berth for Maloney or maybe even Armstrong behind the striker.

I'd be looking to wind down Hutton's international career now really, great servant but so many club managers haven't rated him.

Whittaker has started the season really well, I'd put him in his place.

Longer term though I think it'd be hard for Strachan to ignore Calum Paterson if he continues to shine in a successful Hearts side.

Miralles has hardly played this season as well and is a far, far better player than Naismith, he may not have the same work ethos that Steven has but he is immensely more talented. The worrying thing is Martinez, who is clearly a Naismith fan, would rather play cleverly out of position and Kone, who has been good this season but generally shite, rather than him. I genuinely think his time at Everton is coming to an end. Maybes not a bad thing for us and him.

I really dont rate Miralles, hes very selfish and lazy for the majority. He has more footballing talent but personally i think Naisy is a farbetter player to have in your team. Kone is awful and will get dropped eventually, i fully expect Naisy to win his place back in the starting line up. Cleverly isnt amazing either and much more suited in the middle as you say. Its where does he go, i dont want him dropping down a league and if he moves he needs to be playing every week. I cant see him leaving Everton anytime soon tbh. And he will start next week regardless, one of our best players.

I really dont rate Miralles, hes very selfish and lazy for the majority. He has more footballing talent but personally i think Naisy is a farbetter player to have in your team. Kone is awful and will get dropped eventually, i fully expect Naisy to win his place back in the starting line up. Cleverly isnt amazing either and much more suited in the middle as you say. Its where does he go, i dont want him dropping down a league and if he moves he needs to be playing every week. I cant see him leaving Everton anytime soon tbh. And he will start next week regardless, one of our best players.

Written whilst wearing a pair of pants on your head with pencils in your nostrils.

Kirk, on 26 Aug 2015 - 7:20 PM, said:

He looked out of position and flapped a bit nowhere near the ball for the first.

Nah, he was where he should be. He was given zero help by his defence.

we all know what the team will be and the club mentality and settled team has been working

the fear is though that hutton, Naismith steven fletcher will be rusty at best

no idea how Maloney has been playing

hopefully they click again

I agree. Completely. He is way off it just now for whatever reason. He is a scapegoat for the Everton fans, but it's only just resurfaced after a period of grace the last year or so. There is a reason for that. He has been utterly shocking so far this season. Granted only a few games in. And I have watched every minute of everton's games this season including 3 preseason games that he was involved in.

One thing I'm certain about though is that he'll give his absolute best for us if selected.

I thought Naisy did well enough when he came on for the last half hour against City last Sunday

we all know what the team will be and the club mentality and settled team has been working

the fear is though that hutton, Naismith steven fletcher will be rusty at best

no idea how Maloney has been playing

hopefully they click again

Naismith played 30 mins on Sunday against the champions, then 120 minutes 3 days later. If he gets any sort of game time against Spurs on Saturday night, he shouldn't be rusty.

Hutton hadn't played much, but also got 120 minutes on Tuesday in the cup. This weekend will be telling for him.

Fletcher may be out of contention this weekend and maybe even for Scotland. He went off with suspected concussion on Tuesday and I have yet to see any reports on how he is, or the plan for his return.