Scotland Players In Action - Page 117 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Anya was man of the match today for Watford against Southampton.

I know we are only a few games into the season, I can recall a tamber was questioning whether Anya could deliver in the EPL and get regular games for watford.

This award goes a long way to answering those critics.

:ok:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are only a few games into the season, I can recall a tamber was questioning whether Anya could deliver in the EPL and get regular games for watford.

This award goes a long way to answering those critics.

:ok:

I will be honest. I though he'd struggle to get game time. Glad to be wrong!

I will be honest. I though he'd struggle to get game time. Glad to be wrong!

Not sure how many games he played last season but I think he was also played at left back a few time so I can understand your thought. I think now with Watford being up against it every week they use him as an outlet the same way we do. Hope the lad keeps it up.

Not sure how many games he played last season but I think he was also played at left back a few time so I can understand your thought. I think now with Watford being up against it every week they use him as an outlet the same way we do. Hope the lad keeps it up.

Anya seems in good form and think he will be a starter in tiblisi and hopefully will contribute to some goals. Certainly made a very positive impact in dublin.

Also a new manager that seems to have faith in him.

From Watford player ratings site

Ikechi Anya: Anya was probably Watford best attacking player in the first half, but played a more defensive role in the second half, helping limit Southampton's chances. (7/10)

Stuart Armstrong will earn his first Scotland call-up since joining Celtic when manager Gordon Strachan names his squad for the Euro 2016 qualifiers against Georgia and Germany. (Daily Record)

Morrison in Garth Crooks team of the week, no Talk of an England cap this time!

The game couldn't have started any worse for James Morrison. The Albion midfielder insisted he took the penalty he subsequently missed as early as the 14th minute in the defeat by Chelsea and I thought the game was going to be incredibly difficult for the Scot after that.

However, I couldn't have been further from the truth. Morrison demonstrated tremendous strength of character and scored two goals against a business-like Chelsea and should have had a hat-trick. A player with a lot of bottle.

wonder who will drop out for him adam, ritchie ?

Ritchie has been impressive in his three EPL games so far this season.

Those performing least impressively have to be Fletcher, Naismith and Bannan (has he played yet?).

Our midfield have had a great start to the season: McArthur, D.Fletcher, Morrison, Ritchie, Dorrans, Forrest, Armstrong, Brown, Maloney, Anya, Forrest

Edited by norsefox

norsefox, on 24 Aug 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Those performing least impressively have to be Fletcher, Naismith and Bannan (has he played yet?).

Our midfield have had a great start to the season: McArthur, D.Fletcher, Morrison, Ritchie, Dorrans, Forrest, Armstrong, Brown, Maloney, Anya, Forrest

Forrest has been pish, yet you've named him twice...

It'll be a bit of a surprise if Bannan is in the squad. He seems to be playing more golf than football at the moment. Has been told he's no future at Palace and can leave.