Scotland Players In Action - Page 123 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

No way can I see a replacement called up for Armstrong - a player highly unlikely to feature in either match.

If they lose another midfielder then a replacement will be called up ie Brown out then Adam in.

Aye, it's a pretty big squad as it is.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Football League highlights, Ryan Fraser looked superb for Ipswich. Centre of all their attacks, he set up one goal, won a penalty, and probably should have won another spot kick.

I'd have him in the squad. He is having a great start to the season.

James Morrison got man of the match and Fletcher was rated highly on Who Scored.com although that was against a 9 man Stoke for most of the game.

Serious candidate for inclusion in the first team line up has to be MacArthur, consistently performing for an English Premiership club that sit (Admittedly only after 4 games) second top of the league and he has two assists this season. They also just beat the champions away! If Brown is looking jaded or has a knock I would include him before Fletcher.

Apparently Maloney got an assist yesterday, glad to see him hit the ground running at Hull.

What's the latest with injuries? Only Russ Martin playin the day?

Whittaker and Dorrans playing for Norwich today. I will be in the Norwich end at St Marys keeping an eye on them and will report back.... or you could just watch it on sky.

Dorrans is very unlucky not to be in the squad on current form!

I can see why folk wouldn't. I just think technically, skill wise only Maloney would be close to him from the current squad.influencing games consistently is obviously his biggest problem

He had one great season in the Championship but not really done much since. However, he has has a good start to the season.

They said it was deserved on MotD.

Looked like he stamped on the guy then immediately realised what he'd done and started apologising...

To be fair to me it looked like as he lost his balance he stepped on the guys leg. Not a stamp as such is he didn't lift his leg high and stamp his leg down. It just looked like he stepped back and the guys leg was where his foot went. At worst he could of got a wellow for the challang but no way a straight red for stamping

To be fair to me it looked like as he lost his balance he stepped on the guys leg. Not a stamp as such is he didn't lift his leg high and stamp his leg down. It just looked like he stepped back and the guys leg was where his foot went. At worst he could of got a wellow for the challang but no way a straight red for stamping

If the laughingly called experts on MOTD think it was justified then you can bet your mortgage it almost certainly wasn't. They really have no clue.

I thought both reds in that game were dreadful decisions and stank of a referee with no common sense or ability to react coolly and calmly when players react petulantly at worst. If either of those incidents were 'violent conduct' then I'm an Englishman.

Referees need to understand what they are doing and to understand the difference between violence and petulance/frustration. If players were to be sent off for petulance or frustration then no game would ever finish.

I know Willie Young wasn't everyone's cup of tea and made some strange decisions but he knew his to manage a game and his to manage players. Can you imagine him brandishing the red for that? He'd have laughed at these two and told them to eff off and get on with the game!

If the laughingly called experts on MOTD think it was justified then you can bet your mortgage it almost certainly wasn't. They really have no clue.

I thought both reds in that game were dreadful decisions and stank of a referee with no common sense or ability to react coolly and calmly when players react petulantly at worst. If either of those incidents were 'violent conduct' then I'm an Englishman.

Referees need to understand what they are doing and to understand the difference between violence and petulance/frustration. If players were to be sent off for petulance or frustration then no game would ever finish.

I know Willie Young wasn't everyone's cup of tea and made some strange decisions but he knew his to manage a game and his to manage players. Can you imagine him brandishing the red for that? He'd have laughed at these two and told them to eff off and get on with the game!

Iirc it was a bit of a strange one with motd. The commentators were using stamp and accidental but surely if they went it was an accident then they should have used stepped as stamped to me means it was sent to injure. Didn't watch what the pundits said as it was recorded and just wanted to see the games

Iirc it was a bit of a strange one with motd. The commentators were using stamp and accidental but surely if they went it was an accident then they should have used stepped as stamped to me means it was sent to injure. Didn't watch what the pundits said as it was recorded and just wanted to see the games

Very true. And whatever it was it wasn't a stamp! If it was a stamp it was the shiteist stamp I've ever seen!