Scotland Players In Action - Page 119 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's our best option in that position.

Who would you play instead?

I'd play Naismith but you could easily go with a midfield 5 of Brown, Fletcher; Anya, Morrison & Maloney or Brown, Morrison; Anya, Maloney & Ritchie.

Charlie Adam would be another decent option in that position but hasn't been called up.

I'd play Naismith but you could easily go with a midfield 5 of Brown, Fletcher; Anya, Morrison & Maloney or Brown, Morrison; Anya, Maloney & Ritchie.

Charlie Adam would be another decent option in that position but hasn't been called up.

I don't think any of those give you the physical presence that Naismith does though.

The amount of headers etc he wins etc is crucial in games like Germany for example when you'll be under pressure.

See Holland at home for example.

Despite his goal naisy has been utterly atrocious this evening. Looks like a player who hasn't played for a while. I'm being kind, he actually looks like a player who hasn't played for a few years. Not alone in that Everton team this evening to be fair.

I like him and he is deserving of his place in the squad, as a starter, not in this form, caused probably by a lack of games. Don't see where he fits in our team with the options we have available to be honest. Great option from the bench though.

Despite his goal naisy has been utterly atrocious this evening. Looks like a player who hasn't played for a while. I'm being kind, he actually looks like a player who hasn't played for a few years. Not alone in that Everton team this evening to be fair.

I like him and he is deserving of his place in the squad, as a starter, not in this form, caused probably by a lack of games. Don't see where he fits in our team with the options we have available to be honest. Great option from the bench though.

he will play

but that's my fear

when you play no football and pitched into international game

a half of slackness could be the difference

I don't think any of those give you the physical presence that Naismith does though.

The amount of headers etc he wins etc is crucial in games like Germany for example when you'll be under pressure.

See Holland at home for example.

You're going back a long way to justify his inclusion. Like I said, I'd start him but I can understand if Strachan drops him for Georgia.

he will play

but that's my fear

when you play no football and pitched into international game

a half of slackness could be the difference

I agree. Completely. He is way off it just now for whatever reason. He is a scapegoat for the Everton fans, but it's only just resurfaced after a period of grace the last year or so. There is a reason for that. He has been utterly shocking so far this season. Granted only a few games in. And I have watched every minute of everton's games this season including 3 preseason games that he was involved in.

One thing I'm certain about though is that he'll give his absolute best for us if selected.

Totally agree about naismith, absolutely love his passion but not sure he should start with his current firm,also thought he was pretty poor in Dublin.what the other option is I'm not sure . I'd like to see morrisson given an attacking role.

Good solution if Naismith doesnt play.

I thought Naismith had a decent enough game tonight, although I was only watching it fleetingly when concentrating on the Rangers game online.

On that note, Lee Wallace has started the season really well at left-back... ;)

Since the death of hitlers favourite team in 2012, Scotland have improved and there are much less call offs. Plus Wallace is garbage.

Totally agree about naismith, absolutely love his passion but not sure he should start with his current firm,also thought he was pretty poor in Dublin.what the other option is I'm not sure . I'd like to see morrisson given an attacking role.

Johnny Russell could fit into naisys role I think and he is on fire just now scored loads of goals in the last 2 weeks going by this forum

Naisy played most of last season for Everton. He's not had that chance yet this season but is easily one of our best and !ost important players. It's shit he misses out at Everton for guys like miralles who is a bawbag and no the best player I've ever seen.

Since the death of hitlers favourite team in 2012, Scotland have improved and there are much less call offs. Plus Wallace is garbage.

You're lovely. I'll need to try and find out where old Adolf stood at Ibrox in the olden days. East Enclosure would be my prediction.

An interesting correlation suggested between (presumably) Rangers' troubles and Scotland improving. Are you suggesting our players from before that period (McGregor, Weir, Naismith et al) contributed to Scotland being poorer? Or will you, like the rest of us, acknowledge that it's mainly because we had two consecutive shite managers?

Wallace has started this season well and perhaps could be considered again in the future for a troublesome position if he keeps his form up and if we get promoted. Oh and he's not garbage.