Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 94 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

that was quick
08 January 2015
Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company")

Repayment of Shareholder Loan

Further to the announcement on 5 January 2015, the Company has repaid the short term credit facility provided by Alexander Easdale following receipt by the Company of the consideration from the player sale announced on 2 January 2015.

Ends

Revised Proposal Relating to Rangers International Football Club plc

Further to the announcement on 6 January by the board of Rangers International Football Club plc ("Rangers") of their rejection of his initial proposal, Robert Sarver confirms that he has made a revised proposal to the board. The revised proposal involves investing up to £20 million for a majority shareholding by way of a placing of new ordinary shares in Rangers at 20 pence per share ("Placing") followed, if the Placing is completed, by a mandatory offer for the remaining issued and to be issued ordinary share capital under Rule 9 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers ("Code") at 20 pence per share. As part of the revised proposal £6.5 million would be made available to Rangers in immediate short-term funding by way of a secured loan to be repaid in 90 days or out of the proceeds of the Placing.

Nothing in this announcement constitutes an announcement of a firm intention to make an offer for the purposes of Rule 2.7 of the Code and there can be no certainty that any offer will be made.

Mr. Sarver, who has owned the successful Phoenix Suns NBA franchise since 2004, is CEO of the $10 billion Western Alliance Bancorporation. He has already provided proof of funds to the Rangers board.

Speaking from Phoenix, Arizona, Mr. Sarver commented:

"This revised proposal hopefully helps the board deal with its short-term cashflow crunch and also addresses my desire to see the club on a solid long-term financial footing. It would also enable Rangers to repay the loans from Mike Ashley and Sandy Easdale, and free it of debt.

"I know, of course, that there are various groups of prominent fans who have been working hard for a long time to bring change to the club and they can rest assured that, if my proposal is accepted, I am committed to building a strong partnership with fans and key stakeholders to do what is best for the club.

"I look forward to receiving the response of the Rangers board."

- Ends -

Enquiries

The Big Partnership
Alex Barr
alex@bigpartnership.co.uk
07962135467/0141 333 9585

Edited by EddardStark

The general consensus is there is something rather strange about Mr Sarver's interest in the club. Seems there might be an attempt to push the share price up. .With existing shares and new shares he could pay up to £36m for Rangers. Doesn't seem plausible.

I think Rangers fans should intimidate him, like they did the last American that showed an interest.

that was quick

08 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company")

Repayment of Shareholder Loan

Further to the announcement on 5 January 2015, the Company has repaid the short term credit facility provided by Alexander Easdale following receipt by the Company of the consideration from the player sale announced on 2 January 2015.

Ends

Waiting for the McLeod cheque to clear? Hand to mouth...

This is surely completely unsustainable.

Is there not some rule about not being able to run a company that is bust?

If I remember correctly from the last time around, Rangers where charged with breeching the insolvency act, by trading while having no money.

The general consensus is there is something rather strange about Mr Sarver's interest in the club. Seems there might be an attempt to push the share price up. .With existing shares and new shares he could pay up to £36m for Rangers. Doesn't seem plausible.

it is strange. he claims david robertson who manages his daughters football team or something put him onto rangers. however is it not also true that one of mike ashleys companies - Antigua or something based in the states, has the commercial deal for the Phoenix Suns - Sarvers NBA team?

having said that it could all be genuine.

i still cant see however once he looks under the rangers bonnet and sees the outflow of cash to green and Ashley why he would ever proceed. I dont understand how someone can be so wealthy operating on that basis. he is not a charity. difficult to follow all this, but interesting to see how it all lands.

it is strange. he claims david robertson who manages his daughters football team or something put him onto rangers. however is it not also true that one of mike ashleys companies - Antigua or something based in the states, has the commercial deal for the Phoenix Suns - Sarvers NBA team?

having said that it could all be genuine.

i still cant see however once he looks under the rangers bonnet and sees the outflow of cash to green and Ashley why he would ever proceed. I dont understand how someone can be so wealthy operating on that basis. he is not a charity. difficult to follow all this, but interesting to see how it all lands.

I think Antigua sports or whatever their called have the commercial deal with quite a few of the NBA teams, I don't think it's just the Suns. When you see things like that though and Ashley appointing D&P you can understand why people get suspicious!