Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 93 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Are you deliberately tryig to confuse me larky? Fourth profit in last 5 years compared with previous 1 profit in 12. how does that equal 2 in 12. surely its 5 in 17? and as i say the fourth in the last 5 years.

how does that equal "a loss in 9 of the last 11 years" ? its a loss of 1 in the last 5 years as the statement says.

I didn't recheck the statement when I quoted 9 in 11 the 1 in 12 is from the statement on the Dundee United website here, if you don't believe your own club's press releases welcome to the club.

Edited by Larky Masher

I didn't recheck the statement when I quoted 9 in 11 the 1 in 12 is from the statement on the Dundee United website here, if you don't believe your own club's press releases welcome to the club.

sorry but you obviously are having trouble reading english - Dundee Utd posted a profit in 4 of the last 5 years. In the previous 12 years they only posted a profit once so they have posted a profit in 5 of the last 17 years.

I know you are desperate for all Scottish clubs to be suffering after you went bust but it is just not true. Some clubs are doing fine, some are not, the same as every year in Scottish football

the 1 in 12 is from the previous 12 years before the last 5 years. so 4 in last 5 were profitable. only 1 in the preceding 12 was profitable.

I disagree based on my reading of the United press release and my post to you I'm more dyslexic than tetchy.

its usually me getting my facts wrong on here - just ask brucie.

anyway back to footy - who have the rangers in crisis got this saturday?

So Dundee Utd made a gross profit of £991k an operating loss of £114k and net profit of £1.218m. So the difference between the operating loss and net profit must be due to the one -off exceptional gain relating to the exit of banking arrangements with the Bank of Scotland and not anything to do with how the club was run, which was at a loss.

Next year you should have real profits and the annual report will include the two transfers fees.

you are making the assumption that selling players is not part of DU's normal course of business

Selling fixed assets or facilities is more like a 1 off exceptional gain - hardly exceptional if UTD have been doing this,always - Goodwillie, Gauld, Robertson, Flood, Robson etc etc etc

By that explanation you would be saying that Rangers should not have reflected their player purchases in financial operational performance, because they were one off exceptional losses