Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 407 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

EBT ruling to be reviewed so says Rod Petrie.

I'm guessing they'll appoint some as yet unknown independent to do it and they'll kick this into the long grass for a bit, thereby heading off any fan revolt for the time being.?

Edited by slasher

22 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

If he used the same advisors as he did for the film venture then he's f*cked. You'd think that most of those who have luxury of trying a risky investment would reassign assets before they take the risk but based on the number of ex-EPL going bust that hasn't been the case.

was reading up some stuff and more like 2-5 years on clawback - so the delay on cases & appeals, have given the guys time to do distributions etc

(although i haven't looked at this type thing in same 15 years when doing exams etc, so certainly no expert ) 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, touché.

There's houses 200 yards away from my seat at RP that go for 400-500k but we all know both Kilmarnock & Larkhall will have areas that pull that average down!

Like this one - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=12606006&sale=20520071&country=scotland

There are certainly much less desirable properties in Larkhall.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

EBT ruling to be reviewed so says Rod Petrie.

I'm guessing they'll appoint some as yet unknown independent to do it and they'll kick this into the long grass for a bit, thereby heading off any fan revolt for the time being.?

RTC blog seems to think it's a ploy to waste 3 months and then that's the timeline for an investigation used up.

17 minutes ago, phart said:

RTC blog seems to think it's a ploy to waste 3 months and then that's the timeline for an investigation used up.

The SPFL board changes today don't fill me with confidence either. Lawell stepping out of the firing line and Les Gray (known to be vehemently anti title stripping) stepping in. ?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Declaring himself bankrupted to avoid paying what he's due. Utter khunt of a human being, if we didn't know that already. 

I'm sure all assets were transferred elsewhere before debts were crystalised too. 

He was an  "utter Khunt of a human being"  before avoiding tax  +   a totally overrated footballer

One paper said  -  "He was one of the most gifted players of his generation" -  gifted my arse !!!!!  

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

A guy who's probably earned over £15 million in his life investing in dodgy schemes to try and pay less than his fair share of tax. 

What a horrible person. 

I wonder how many board members have either dodged paying tax or facilitated tax avoidance by paying a tradesman in cash.

23 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I wonder how many board members have either dodged paying tax or facilitated tax avoidance by paying a tradesman in cash.

Dunno. Not this one. :ok: 

and I don't think you can equate paying a tradesman in cash (what he does with that is his own responsibility) with a deliberate tax avoidance strategy. 

I'm sure he bought his wife a nursery when he was at Blackpool, I presume the sort that look after children, but staying up the clydeside, might be the plant kind?

:lol:

I can't believe he's living hand to mouth, so suspect there has been a well planned redistribution of his assets somewhere along the line.

42 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Ah here comes the whataboutery

sure, me payiing the paperboy cash is the same as this <_<

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

so suspect there has been a well planned redistribution of his assets somewhere along the line.

wee barry's phone will be ringing off the hook this evening (assuming he's paid his bill) with other EBT'ers asking asking for his financial advisers contact details.

Is Billy Dodds still claiming he paid the tax on his EBT ? :lol:

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Knowing the way the Huns trade I'd guess plenty of their Board Members will practice this.

Good deal of bile & pre judging towards Les Gray of Accies on twitter tonight mostly from Sellick fans.

They seem to have short memories of what the club did for Jay Beatty

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Knowing the way the Huns trade I'd guess plenty of their Board Members will practice this.

Remind us how many Celtic staff/Board members were members of the Icebreaker, Inside track, K2, and various other tax schemes?

Peter Lawell and Eric Riley for a start, before you get to O'Neil, Lennon, Hartson, Bellamy, etc.

30 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Remind us how many Celtic staff/Board members were members of the Icebreaker, Inside track, K2, and various other tax schemes?

Peter Lawell and Eric Riley for a start, before you get to O'Neil, Lennon, Hartson, Bellamy, etc.

were those private arrangements or sponsored by the club ? genuinely have not heard of those - just loosely the movie investment thing 

Edited by euan2020

7 hours ago, euan2020 said:

were those private arrangements or sponsored by the club ? genuinely have not heard of those - just loosely the movie investment thing 

Private arrangements, but the advisors would sometimes come and speak at the clubs - usually introduced by someone working there who would get a '%' for whoever signed up. Bet they are popular now :lol:

You can see who signed up at Companies House - as they were all set up LLP's.

Looking at a lot of bust footballers over the coming years, I think.

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

Ah here comes the whataboutery

sure, me payiing the paperboy cash is the same as this <_<

So some tax avoidance is acceptable?

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

Stunning insight again.

38 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Stunning insight again.

Pension contributions, charity giving, buying uniform for work, professional memberships fee's associated with work,  asset transfers to spouses, cycling to work miles, company car mileage associated with business travel 

or are you discussing Tax evasion ?

39 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Of course not but once there's a difference in a club paying a player thent he player deciding to invest in something to try and avoid paying tax and a club actually using a system whereby they can pay players inflated wages based on a tax avoidance scheme. Especially when it meant the players contracts weren't properly registered with the governing bodies.

2 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Pension contributions, charity giving, buying uniform for work, professional memberships fee's associated with work,  asset transfers to spouses, cycling to work miles, company car mileage associated with business travel 

or are you discussing Tax evasion ?

Forgot kiddie care nursery vouchers :ok: