Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 412 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Thank you. :)

For obviously different reasons than why folk hate Rangers (if that's what you're getting at).

Nah, its because of their success.  Of course no one will like Rangers, they are the most successful team in our leagues.  It is often the case that not many like those that hold that position.  When have Rangers fans and Aberdeen fans ever liked each other?  In footballing terms.  I certainly can't remember when it was, if it ever was.

If the titles get stripped or not is the test of whether Scottish football will ever recover.  It is no guarantee but until it happens you know for sure the body of scottish football is rotting (and howling stinking) from the head down.

It is about a sense of justice. You cheated. What price have you paid on a sporting level? Nothing.

Strip them.

Edited by thplinth

Rangers being more successful than my team is certainly not the reason I dislike them. It's more to to with the club condoning bigotry and the large section of knuckle draggers amongst the rangers support.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers being more successful than my team is certainly not the reason I dislike them. It's more to to with the club condoning bigotry and the large section of knuckle draggers amongst the rangers support.

I can accept that also.

Don't believe they condone it, but I can understand the rest of your post.

Edited by BlueGaz

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I can accept that also.

Don't believe they condone it, but I can understand the rest of your post.

By not tackling it they condone it, I don't expect someone like you to accept or even understand that.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers being more successful than my team is certainly not the reason I dislike them. 

Correct.

Both Rangers' and Celtic's success has been dependent on the hate resulting from the conflict of which side of the sectarian divide they are on.

That is the foundation of both team's 'success'.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

By not tackling it they condone it, I don't expect someone like you to accept or even understand that.

I give not one toss what you expect.  I see it being 'tackled' every other week, as recent as last Saturday.  The issue at Ibrox is not the tackling of the bigotry, but what is construed as bigotry/sectarianism.  Regardless of what you think of me, I suspect we would probably agree on what is and what isn't, and it would be different to the official line.

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I give not one toss what you expect.  I see it being 'tackled' every other week, as recent as last Saturday.  The issue at Ibrox is not the tackling of the bigotry, but what is construed as bigotry/sectarianism.  Regardless of what you think of me, I suspect we would probably agree on what is and what isn't, and it would be different to the official line.

Most people know exactly what is and isn't bigotry, it's not up for debate. What is construed as bigotry?

Can you give some examples of what they don't class as bigotry at ibrox but what others may think is bigotry?

Guest BlueGaz

Most people know exactly what is and isn't bigotry, it's not up for debate. What is construed as bigotry?

Can you give some examples of what they don't class as bigotry at ibrox but what others may think is bigotry?

The Sash and Derrys Walls are not banned, as far as I am aware.  But I wouldn't sing them because I see them as sectarian.  To blanket it, I just wouldn't sing any song related to NI.  It doesn't bother me what others sing though, I don't get offended by football fans singing songs.  Not sure if true, but just read an article whilst checking what was banned and not banned outside of the very obvious, and apparently the police do not have a list of banned songs.

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Oh here we go. What other cheating has happened?

I don't know. I'm not that interested in the minutae of Scottish football and it's cheats. 

You said the authorities condone cheating. I asked if you thought it was only Rangers cheating. You haven't answered. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't know. I'm not that interested in the minutae of Scottish football and it's cheats. 

You said the authorities condone cheating. I asked if you thought it was only Rangers cheating. You haven't answered. 

On this occasion the SFA/SPFL have condoned years of cheating by rangers.

Youre question doesn't make any sense, I would have thought it plainly obvious I was referring to rangers cheating considering the topic at hand.

youre question is obviously leading to some sort of point which you want to make, let's hear the point you have.

Guest BlueGaz

Youre question doesn't make any sense, I would have thought it plainly obvious I was referring to rangers cheating considering the topic at hand.

youre question is obviously leading to some sort of point which you want to make, let's hear the point you have.

"Moynihan also concluded that there was nothing in the rules of regulations of the SPL, or its SPFL predecessor, that would have allowed the governing body to pursue the matter further".

Thats not condoning cheating, thats saying that they cannot further punish because their rules don't allow them to.  Does it not?

Just now, BlueGaz said:

"Moynihan also concluded that there was nothing in the rules of regulations of the SPL, or its SPFL predecessor, that would have allowed the governing body to pursue the matter further".

Thats not condoning cheating, thats saying that they cannot further punish because their rules don't allow them to.  Does it not?

Further punish? When were they first punished?

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Rangers couldn't pay their tax debts/debts so they went out of business.

A new club (Rangers International) was started up and the 'authorities' and media have been bending over backwards ever since to try and sell it as the old club.

Only fans of the original Rangers (RIP) are willing to buy into that.

All this from a man whom argues about a guy whom "died" and reappeared a few days later...see the similarities? You will never convince me this was the same guy??

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Further punish? When were they first punished?

Thats not condoning cheating, thats saying that they cannot punish because their rules don't allow them to.  Does it not? You can answer now.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Thats not condoning cheating, thats saying that they cannot punish because their rules don't allow them to.  Does it not? You can answer now.

Yes it's condoning cheating, if the spfl didn't get anything written in to its rules after what happened they condone the mistakes of the SPL and they condone the cheating by rangers.

its a cop out a sign they are too afraid to do the right thing here. Any other sport and these titles are voided, in fact any other league and these titles are voided. 

4 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

All this from a man whom argues about a guy whom "died" and reappeared a few days later...see the similarities? You will never convince me this was the same guy??

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes it's condoning cheating, if the spfl didn't get anything written in to its rules after what happened they condone the mistakes of the SPL and they condone the cheating by rangers.

its a cop out a sign they are too afraid to do the right thing here. Any other sport and these titles are voided, in fact any other league and these titles are voided. 

But they have made changes to the rules since it happened.  But thats irrelevant in this particular case.  

But any other sport isn't ruled by such incompetence, as our football league is.  I think the decision would have been different, if it was possible.  But it wasn't.  

31 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

All this from a man whom argues about a guy whom "died" and reappeared a few days later...

That 'guy' would be God.

32 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

...see the similarities?

Between God and Rangers Football Club? ...erm, No.

33 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

You will never convince me this was the same guy??

It's not my job to convince you.

(It is however my duty to tell you.)

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You are saying the authorities condone cheating. I've given my view on that and I'm interested in whether you think they are biased towards Rangers specifically or if they are even handed in their cheating. 

I'm interested in your thoughts on this as you obviously think differently from me and seem eloquent enough to be able to have a sensible discussion with. 

I'm not angling for anything specifically, yet. ?

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You are saying the authorities condone cheating. I've given my view on that and I'm interested in whether you think they are biased towards Rangers specifically or if they are even handed in their cheating. 

Rangers are the favoured (masonic) establishment team.

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm interested in your thoughts on this as you obviously think differently from me and seem eloquent enough to be able to have a sensible discussion with. 

I'm not angling for anything specifically, yet. ?

Who knows if they are biased or not - no other club has cheated to the same industrial scale as rangers.

However they did throw Spartans out of the cup for only having one date on a player registration form instead of two. 

Compare that to the punishment for decades of dozens of incorrectly registered players. You have to laugh.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Everyone, and their dog.

Yet again you conflate opinion (yours) with proven fact. 

I know Christians have issues with this as their entire belief system is built on. This fallacy but us rational people expect more than "it just is". 

So unless you have proof please stop interrupting the adult discussions. 

21 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Who knows if they are biased or not - no other club has cheated to the same industrial scale as rangers.

However they did throw Spartans out of the cup for only having one date on a player registration form instead of two. 

Compare that to the punishment for decades of dozens of incorrectly registered players. You have to laugh.

:lol:

Weren't Rangers fined over £250,000 for the player registration issues? 

I'm vague on the details of that bit as I'd stopped listening by then. 

I'm also sure other teams have had wrist slaps for the same issue (apparently) as Spartans, so maybe theirs was worse somehow? Just surmising here as I dont remember it well enough.