Games You've Attended Being A Neutral - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Games You've Attended Being A Neutral

Sweden Brazil

Atletico Milan

Real Atletico

Olympiacos Panathinaikos

AEL APOEL

Milan Inter

Liverpool Porto

Man U Porto

Rangers Porto

Celtic Man U

Rangers Liverpool

Man U Blackburn

Spurs (Various 1980/81)

Portsmouth (Various 1980/88)

Newcastle (Various 1983/84)

Norwich (50+ 1986/Present day)

Celtic Rangers

Gretna Dundee

East Fife Peterhead

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots!

Swansea v Bristol Rovers (DIV 1)

Swansea V Hull City (EPL)

Portsmouth v Sunderland (to watch Craig Gordon)

York City v Fulham (fa cup)

York City v Middlesbrough

York City v Morecambe

Leeds v Swindon (leauge cup, Goalie Paul Robinson scored to take it to penaltys)

Leeds v Middlesbrough

Leeds v Bolton

Leicester v Leeds

Brighton v Ipswich

Brighton v Nots Forrest

Brighton v leeds Utd x2

Brighton v Palace (play off semi)

Brighton v Blackpool

Brighton v Newcastle

Brighton v Watford

Cardiff v Villa (amazing Marshall save)

Southampton v Palace

Chelsea v Psg (Champions league)

Chelsea v Birmingham (Fa cup)

Man United V Chelsea (fa cup final)

Birmingham v Chelsea

Wigan v Chelsea (Wigan stuffed them!)

Wigan v Millwall (fa cup semi final)

Ipswich v Blackburn

Derby County v Blackburn

Reading v Blackburn

Cheltenham Town v Bristol Rovers

Mexico v Senegal (Olympics)

Middlesbrough v QPR

L. Orient V Gillingham

Millwall v Charlton

These don't include Stirling Albion, Dundee United and Scotland games.

You go to watch Scotland as a neutral?

No, my list didn't include games involving these teams coz there the ones I follow, and support. Reading back doesn't make much sense, then when have I ever claimed to make sense?

:-)):ok:

have been to loads, did a season where i tried to tick off all the Scottish Grounds in one season before my wife put her foot down around March time so i did see a lot as a netural.

Have been to loads of others, the stand outs are probably

Dundee United 5-0 Aberdeen, one one where Windass got sent off several times, was in the Aberdeen end that day and it was a great laugh

St Johnstone 2 United 3 - the season United were nearly relegated and came back from 2-0 down, was in the Saints end that day as were hundreds and hundreds of united fans.

Newcastle 4 Troyes 4 in the intertoto cup final, think newcastle went out on away goals after a late comback but the atmostphere was amazing

England 1 Portugal 1 - portugal win on penalties, had a lot of fun that day sitting in between my English wife and English brother in law

St Johnstone 2 United 0 - cup final last season, was a great day

Ipswich 5 Bolton 3 - second leg of the play off semi after a 2-2 draw, Burleys Ipswich staged a late recovery to beat a 9 an bolton team in extra time,

Ipswich 4 Barnsley 2 - The final, think it was the last at the old wembley, was a great day

Oxford 3 York 1 - Conference play off final at Wembley, first visit to the new Wembley and was great being in the 35,000 strong Oxford end

Man Utd 3 Man City 1 - league cup semi, Man Utd won 4-3 on aggregate think it was tevez first game back at old trafford

Now that would have been brilliant.

Had a season ticket at Newcastle. I preferred to see them win but ultimately didn't care. The football on show was often quite poor, the games were played at a frightening pace though and as such was quite compelling.

Highlight was the 1-0 win at Old Trafford. Fantastic away support in one of the best stadiums in Europe

Been to a fair number down the years and since moving to England will probably try and attend more lower league matches.

By far the best 'away' day I've had was the Northern Skrill Play-off final last year between Altrincham & Guiseley. In with the home fans to see them win 2-1. Cracking wee stadium with plenty of noise in it and a few decent pubs before hand. Great day oot!

My local team now would be Fulham so may look at a few of their games before the season end. QPR & Wimbledon aren't far away either.

Celtic v Dundee United Cup Final 74

Blackpool v Tranmere

Preston v Sheffield United

Fulham v ??

Kilmarnock v Motherwell

Arsenal v Stoke

Gothenburg v Aberdeen

Marseille v Rangers

Stoke v Swindon

Arsenal v Man CIty

Watford v Newcastle

plus WC 2006

All England games

USA v Italy

Germany v Sweden

Germany v Italy

Off the top of my head.

Man Utd vs Villa (FA Cup - Larsson debut)

Birmingham vs Wolves (1st vs 2nd, O'Connor scored and Faddy played)

Villa vs CSKA Moscow (Europa League)

WBA vs Cardiff

Everton vs Stoke

Numerous Celtic games, probably about 15 in total as mates family have investors tickets that are always going spare.

Ayr Vs Cowdenbeath (Mate played for Ayr)

Espanyol vs Malaga

Lechia Gdansk vs Zawisza Bydgoszcz

Hamburg vs Hertha Berlin

Roda JC vs FC Twente

Hibs vs Hearts (Scottish Cup Final)

Lower league game in Prague after friendly in 2008.

Plus more Junior games than I care to remember.

All my club games are as a neutral so a dozen dozen of Hibs , Hearts, Falkirk , Livi.

The one game that always sticks out was Hearts vs Rangers, Barry Ferguson got sent off early and Albertz ran the show and Rangers won 4-0. I was right at the front and Amaruso ran over and was right next to me, he was fecking a tank. I can mind thinking Jesus i didn't think he was that size. Must have been impressive stuck with me all these years.

All my club games are as a neutral so a dozen dozen of Hibs , Hearts, Falkirk , Livi.

The one game that always sticks out was Hearts vs Rangers, Barry Ferguson got sent off early and Albertz ran the show and Rangers won 4-0. I was right at the front and Amaruso ran over and was right next to me, he was fecking a tank. I can mind thinking Jesus i didn't think he was that size. Must have been impressive stuck with me all these years.

And that was you just seeing Amo from the waist up!!

Walked by him in a nightclub (Arta?) and thought the same.

Just remembered being at a Peterhead v Raith 2nd replay in the Scottish Cup played at Gayfield in 87. Pretty sure the crowd was over 6,000.

Forgot that one

Couple of us got bus from Abdn to Peterhead for the 1st replay 3-3 I think

Hamish Mcalpine in goal for Raith

Again over 6k at game

Dons lost away to St mirren same night 4k

Recreation Park think it was called