Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic, if you can't beat them buy their best players. Upset but it was bound to happen when we got too the final. will always have a soft spot for those two but felt gutted when I saw the pic of Armstrong with a Celtic scarf. :barf:

Edited by kmcca5

Really does suck that Celtic bought them 2. Was half starting to enjoy the spl for once this season with DU looking decent with Armstrong and gMs 2 of there best players. Feel sorry for DU fans more than anything else

Edited by JECK

Celtic, if you can't beat them buy their best players. Upset but it was bound to happen when we got too the final. will always have a soft spot for those two but felt gutted when I saw the pic of Armstrong with a Celtic scarf. :barf:

Funny, I won't have a soft spot for them at all. Was quite happy to see Gauld go to Sporting and Robertson go to Hull, and follow their progress closely.

Armstrong and GMS are dead to me now.

Is this not the 3rd or 4th transfer window in a row where Dorrans has been subject to last minute transfer deals, only for them to not go through (sure he was all set for a move to Middlesbrough, only for it to be scrapped at the last minute).

There is no doubt that Fyvie has football ability and reads the game very well (or he did when with Aberdeen). However, it is not a surprise to me that he didn't make it in England, because he is simply far too slow ! At Pittodrie, he never went past an opposition player and you could see that he knew he wasn't fast enough to do this, so always turned to the side or back. I once made a point of counting how many times he actually went past an opposition player, with the ball at his feet, and it was just once in the whole game. A shame really, as he has ability but doesn't have the necessary athleticism.

There is no doubt that Fyvie has football ability and reads the game very well (or he did when with Aberdeen). However, it is not a surprise to me that he didn't make it in England, because he is simply far too slow ! At Pittodrie, he never went past an opposition player and you could see that he knew he wasn't fast enough to do this, so always turned to the side or back. I once made a point of counting how many times he actually went past an opposition player, with the ball at his feet, and it was just once in the whole game. A shame really, as he has ability but doesn't have the necessary athleticism.

We are needing a defensive midfielder at Hibs, shipping far too many goals at the moment because we havent closed the game down. Need a ball winner to feed Allan, Fyvie fit this bill?

Funny, I won't have a soft spot for them at all. Was quite happy to see Gauld go to Sporting and Robertson go to Hull, and follow their progress closely.

Armstrong and GMS are dead to me now.

I agree with you. But now that they've made the big step up from the SPL to the SPL, it's only a matter of time before they both start winning caps for Scotland. That will bring some mixed emotions.

He was there for a medical..... hope that wasn't why they didn't sign him

Dorrans was a make-weight for Martin Olsson going in the opposite direction. Depending on who you listen to either Olsson got stuck in snow so didn't make his medical in time at West Brom or demanded a release clause should West Brom get relegated that West Brom were not going to agree to.

Either way it looks like Olsson was the reason for the deal not going through as opposed to anything Dorrans did or didn't do.

The player mentioned that he's looking forward to playing in his preferred position.

What position is that? And where has he been playing for Killie?

Isn't he a centre forward? He was on the wing at Tannadice the last time Killie were up and looked a bit of haddie to be honest.

Obviously that's not the case now.

Maybe the plan is to play Ciftci wide in GMS' place?

Edited by adamntg

Fletcher to West Brom confirmed.

Hopefully he'll get some game time now.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I'd hope for more than just some game time for Darren Fletcher at West Brom.

I'd like to see him emulate what Danny Murphy did when he went to Fulham - except with more goals. Be the first name on the team sheet long into his thirties.

Can feel your pain.A great shame ,but like everything else,all about money :angry:

Isn't he a centre forward? He was on the wing at Tannadice the last time Killie were up and looked a bit of haddie to be honest.

Obviously that's not the case now.

Maybe the plan is to play Ciftci wide in GMS' place?

or maybe drop ciftci a bit deeper and play him in front of him?