Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A releasing and ending up back in the SPL is looming...

Maybe in a few years time, but think he will turn into one of these guys who turns up at the likes of a Oldham or Burton Albion.... then pops up at the likes of a Kilmarnock for a couple of months towards the end of a season or something upon his latest release from a club.......

Maybe in a few years time, but think he will turn into one of these guys who turns up at the likes of a Oldham or Burton Albion.... then pops up at the likes of a Kilmarnock for a couple of months towards the end of a season or something upon his latest release from a club.......

Rewind a couple of years and you would've been laughed off of here for a statement like that!

Rewind a couple of years and you would've been laughed off of here for a statement like that!

TBH I have been expecting this for years...... Chelsea don't have a great record in recent years of bringing youth players through, so I never expected him to make it there...... and any time I have seen him play for the U19's and U21's, he was clearly not a team player (though the Skill was there..... granted shown in very brief glimpses, or at club level)..... my thoughts where confirmed when he started holding the SFA to ransom that he should be moved from the U18's to the U21's.

TBH I have been expecting this for years...... Chelsea don't have a great record in recent years of bringing youth players through, so I never expected him to make it there...... and any time I have seen him play for the U19's and U21's, he was clearly not a team player (though the Skill was there..... granted shown in very brief glimpses, or at club level)..... my thoughts where confirmed when he started holding the SFA to ransom that he should be moved from the U18's to the U21's.

Yep you'd say now there is around a 5% chance max he will make it as a Scotland international which is a shame. John Fleck and Feruz the two most overhyped youngsters in recent times??

Yep you'd say now there is around a 5% chance max he will make it as a Scotland international which is a shame. John Fleck and Feruz the two most overhyped youngsters in recent times??

Fleck I don't think was overhyped, just never given a fair chance (he has shown at Coventry that there is a player there)..... Feruz I think the hope was always that he would mature as he got older... but in the space of 4/5 months he has been on loan to 3/4 clubs, and does not seem to last very long at any of them.

Fleck I don't think was overhyped, just never given a fair chance (he has shown at Coventry that there is a player there)..... Feruz I think the hope was always that he would mature as he got older... but in the space of 4/5 months he has been on loan to 3/4 clubs, and does not seem to last very long at any of them.

You honestly don't remember the Daily Ranger's Fleck love fest and Radio Scotland's ex-Rangers pundits so called "experts" constant drooling over him around the time of the Netherlands away game ? All of which culminated in an absurd demand that he be called up. It was ridiculous.

Fleck was overhyped to the max, idiots were calling him the "Scottish Wayne Rooney" and such like. All based on a few good games for Rangers and Scotland's youth teams.

Very embarrassing looking back on it.

Never once bought into the John Fleck love in myself. Every time I saw him play for Rangers he looked no better than an ordinary mid table SPL player.

The fact is that some people don't want to admit they were well off target when it came to Fleck several years ago. Instead they cling to this seemingly massive achievement of his - being arguably the best player in a pish team that may well be in League 2 next season. Some achievement right enough :rolleyes:

Someone would have bought him recently (for a knockdown price too) if he had been any good. Sad but true.

Fleck has failed. Let's just admit it guys.

<p>Some of us always thought Feruz was average. He never seemed to have much ability to me, just blistering pace. That can make you stand out at youth level but as players get older they learn how to defend against it.</p>

<p>Some of us always thought Feruz was average. He never seemed to have much ability to me, just blistering pace. That can make you stand out at youth level but as players get older they learn how to defend against it.</p>

He doesn't have pace at all, was really slow in the u21 game. Not his fault, his legs are the length of match sticks

Interesting, I've heard that at Ajax the one thing they look for in a young player is pace. You can teach anything, you can go to the gym to build yourself up but speed is something you've got or you haven't.

<p>Pace can be a key attribute. However, when I saw Feruz play as a 15/16 year old I felt he didn't have the game intelligence and movement to best utilise that attribute. If you have both pace and good movement (i.e. Raheem Sterling) then you can be very difficult to defend against. A decent defender will be able to stop someone who's nothing but a sprinter though.</p>

You honestly don't remember the Daily Ranger's Fleck love fest and Radio Scotland's ex-Rangers pundits so called "experts" constant drooling over him around the time of the Netherlands away game ? All of which culminated in an absurd demand that he be called up. It was ridiculous.

Fleck was overhyped to the max, idiots were calling him the "Scottish Wayne Rooney" and such like. All based on a few good games for Rangers and Scotland's youth teams.

Very embarrassing looking back on it.

Never once bought into the John Fleck love in myself. Every time I saw him play for Rangers he looked no better than an ordinary mid table SPL player.

The fact is that some people don't want to admit they were well off target when it came to Fleck several years ago. Instead they cling to this seemingly massive achievement of his - being arguably the best player in a pish team that may well be in League 2 next season. Some achievement right enough :rolleyes:

Someone would have bought him recently (for a knockdown price too) if he had been any good. Sad but true.

Fleck has failed. Let's just admit it guys.

Happy to admit he ain't going to be that player we thought he could be. However at youth level he was ridiculously good. Might put folks backs up here but if he came through say Dundee Utds system, got regular game time, allowed to build his confidence and progress I believe he could have been somewhat better than where he is now. Said it before but I don't believe Walter smith has a clue about developing youth. (More to do with pressure of having to win league every year). Look at Rooney at Everton, say he was at Man U academy back then. Would saf brought him into the man u first team at 16 when he when he had to challenge for the league year on year? Would he have had the bawws to play a 16 year old ahead of van nistelroy at that time. He was allowed to play with no fear and pressure at Everton, build his confidence up bit by bit.

You were the guy who said a couple of years ago that Chelsea fans* were clamouring for Feruz to get a game for the first team.

He won't be the first player who had potential to fail to fulfill that due to having a shocking attitude.

Thing is, you just don't see him being the sort of player when he is cut by Chelsea to take it as spur to drop down, work hard and prove everybody wrong.

*guys from Malaysia on Twitter.

• 4 weeks later...

Celtic linked with a move for Danny Wilson this summer.

Not like Deila to go public with his interest in another team's contracted players.

""I just have to say sorry if that offended him in any way," he said. " This is a rule that I haven't heard before so I have to learn from this.....

But if he didn't like it I have to apologise for that and think about it the next time."

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/deila-offers-mcnamara-apologies-1.796429