Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a waste. Suspect he'll retire from internationals.

Not so sure..... Kenny Miller kept going for a while, plus Robbie Keane is still involved, and they were both on the West Coast, while Chicago will be somewhat less of a journey.

David Marshall in to 1/2 to sign for Everton.

Is Tim Howard on the way out/down then? He's 35, still got a couple of years left maybe? That said, I can't possibly see Marshall going anywhere where he wasn't given assurances of being first choice.

Abroad as in a decent league, not a reirement home for players who just want an easy buck.

I think that is just a generalisation though. If you look at the MLS I bet there are many players playing there who could walk into any SPL club so the standard cannot be that bad at all.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

I watch a wee bit of the mls and have to say its not any worse than the spl

It is improving every year and they are spending good money on expanding too.

Abroad as in a decent league, not a reirement home for players who just want an easy buck.

A few years ago I would have agreed but the MLS is on the up. I think in the next 5-10 years you will see some of the top players from around the world playing over there before they hit their 30s.

I'm quite sure most SPFL teams would get humped in the MLS

Debatable.

Folk say the same about the championship then you see mediocre players from up here who become big player's down there.

I'd back top half of SPL to be fairly comfortable in MLS.

Anyone from bottom six wouldn't get a sniff of Scotland call up anyway.

In fact, it's only really Celtic players who get in Scotland squad from SPL and they at least get Champions League /Europa league experience which sh1tes all over MLS.

<p>The desperation to slag off Scottish football from folk who, in the main, never go and watch Scottish football is pathetic. Maybe if they went and supported the game, rather than slagging it and "supporting" a team via their TV subscription, the game might be of a better standard.</p>

Is Tim Howard on the way out/down then? He's 35, still got a couple of years left maybe? That said, I can't possibly see Marshall going anywhere where he wasn't given assurances of being first choice.

He has been awful for everton for the last two years. Invariably when they lose goals it's his fault or jagileka's fault. The fans down there are finished with him.

Marshall will definitely be number 1 there immediately and if they stay up, which looking at the remaining fixtures ain't a given, particularly taking into consideration how poorly they have played this season, it will be an excellent move.

Stephen Hendrie from Hamilton Accies to West Ham for £2m.... Accies saying they have agreed deal, but West Ham have yet to put in a formal offer.

Excellent move! And with that size of fee they will firstly see a big future for him and secondly want to play him in the same way robertson has got a chance and kicked on at Hull.

Few young lads at Accies could come into Scotland reckoning - Ali Crawford has suitors too.

Ryan Jack, Ryan Christie, Graeme Shinnie & Several Dundee Utd players interesting teams South too it's all pretty promising.

And the Killie youngsters of course Squirrelhumper ;)

£2M and he's out of contract at the end of the season? Have they gone mad?

There is no way Dundee Utd would let GMS go for £250k but Hamilton get £2m for a player on the same contact.

It won't be that much. Unless Hamilton have the option of a 12 month extention which can be activated. That would mean 18 months. But that is pure speculation

Edited by Tartan blood

£2M and he's out of contract at the end of the season? Have they gone mad?

They have to pay a development fee as he is under 21.... Probably offering £2m to get him now than risk someone else snapping him up in the summer?

relevant: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30835014

Blackpool have confirmed they will receive up to £2.3m in compensation from Hull City for winger Tom Ince.

Ince, 22, moved to Hull at the start of the season on a two-year contract after his Seasiders contract expired.

Because the England Under-21 man was under 23 when he made the move, Blackpool were entitled to compensation - which has been set by a tribunal.

They have to pay a development fee as he is under 21.... Probably offering £2m to get him now than risk someone else snapping him up in the summer?

Correct and would be substantial due to the time he's been with Hamilton (since single figures of age) and his current and potential ability.

Dundee Utd got Mackay Steven after he was passed his age - interestingly though Ross County would be due a slice of the £250,000 should celtic get him for that as it filters back to the clubs who develop the players initially, Liverpool would probably get a bit too - nothing to them obviously but those are the rules