Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>GMS is 26, when does he stop having "potential" and become an under-fulfilled talent?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Don't get me wrong, I like him. But he's not even been a certain starter for Utd when fit for the past 18months.</p>

<p>GMS is 26, when does he stop having "potential" and become an under-fulfilled talent?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Don't get me wrong, I like him. But he's not even been a certain starter for Utd when fit for the past 18months.</p>

Exactly.He really needs to show more confidece and do his stuff consistently.

<p> </p>

Well he's actually only 24 and he has been fulfilling his potential at Dundee Utd but has stagnated a little over the past 6 months, partly because of injuries and being restless. He was loyal to Utd longer than some would have been. But then we criticise other players for leaving too soon.

Who knows, maybe this stint with Utd will set him up for a very successful career. Let's not forget 2 of our best players - Snodgrass and Anya - weren't in the Scotland fold until a similar age. GMS has only been hindered by the team he plays for. No disrespect to Dundee Utd.

You're having a laugh :lol:

Forrest is much better.

Nah, he really isn't. I also don't rate GMS that highly, he is 24 and is too hot and cold, but that's better than Forrest's injured and cold. Edited by kumnio

You know Forrest already has more caps despite being younger and in a more competitive position?

Take your celtic specs off. He is nowhere near the player Celtic seem to think he is and he is made of chocolate. Until he can stay fit and prove himself and stop the falling over greeting shite anytime he is touched, he shouldnt be near a Scotland squad.

James Forrest is a Scottish version of Ashley Young, Aaron Lennon, Antonio Valencia etc

Runs quite fast a lot, has a moment of brilliance every 25 games so gets bummed up, despite the fact that the other 24 games all they do is run quite fast, quite often running the ball out of play, even when they keep it in play, the end product is awful. Crossing is hit and hope, passing is very dubious, tackling is non existent, creativity is massively, massively over stated, they just arent very good players.

James Forrest will never have a 'good career', he just isnt good enough to actually you know, kick that wee ball correctly.

James Forrest is a Scottish version of Ashley Young, Aaron Lennon, Antonio Valencia etc

Runs quite fast a lot, has a moment of brilliance every 25 games so gets bummed up, despite the fact that the other 24 games all they do is run quite fast, quite often running the ball out of play, even when they keep it in play, the end product is awful. Crossing is hit and hope, passing is very dubious, tackling is non existent, creativity is massively, massively over stated, they just arent very good players.

James Forrest will never have a 'good career', he just isnt good enough to actually you know, kick that wee ball correctly.

I also can't see what the hype is, and I certainly think GMS is, by far, a better player. However, I also think it is very harsh to write him off like this. Lennon, Delia and Gordon Strachan have all gone on record saying that he is a fantastic talent so he can't be completely hopeless. It is time he showed the rest of us though, because I can never remember being impressed by him.

my thoughts exactly, hope we are proved wrong. if he was playing for the likes of st mirren no one would even be talking about him, and its easy to look good a couple of times a season playing at parkhead on a big pitch against teams that are getting an absolute hiding

Edited by LewisEDI

I rate forrest because of the amount of assists and goals he gets, although, every time I've watched him play (not often) he's done nothing.

But gms is a better player. Even if everything else was equal gms would be better simply because he spends less time on the treatment table and more time on the pitch.