Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

I have a feeling he might go there as the interest he is getting down south seems to be from lower Championship or 1st Div clubs. Hope he gets game time where ever he goes.

Yep wherever he goes I hope he plays. With the SPL in its current state a move to Celtic is only a very small step up now so a move South would be a better move for his progression - Hope a team like Derby looks at him

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep wherever he goes I hope he plays. With the SPL in its current state a move to Celtic is only a very small step up now so a move South would be a better move for his progression - Hope a team like Derby looks at him

I'd argue playing for Celtic would be better than playing in the Championship.

Potential champions league football, guaranteed European football. Championship is vastly overhyped.

Playing for Celtic hasn't done brown, mulgrew etc any harm. In fact, they keep derbys player of year out Scotland team.

I'd argue playing for Celtic would be better than playing in the Championship.

Potential champions league football, guaranteed European football. Championship is vastly overhyped.

Playing for Celtic hasn't done brown, mulgrew etc any harm. In fact, they keep derbys player of year out Scotland team.

I see your point - Derby are likely to be in the EPL next season though which is a big step up from the Championship and also a big leap from the SPL/Champions league qualifying rounds/Europa league which is where he would find himself if he moved to Celtic

If goes to Celtic he could well end up being the next Paddy McCourt.

The Sun seems to think, hilariously, that United want £2m to sell him just now, even though his contract is out in the summer. Although they laughed at Sheffield United's £100,000 I reckon anything above £400,000 and he'd be gone, maybe even less.

Do we really want to hear news about a Judas aka Feruz??

Knickerwetting posts like this make me chuckle.

Feruz has never done or said anything to warrant calling him a Judas. To the best of my knowledge he opted out of an U19 selection for reasons undisclosed. He has never ever said he didn't want to play for Scotland, so dry your pants.

That said, I think his general attitude as a young kid did stink (don't know if it's improved at all) and I don't think he's very good anyway. That's not the point though.

Feruz has never done or said anything to warrant calling him a Judas. To the best of my knowledge he opted out of an U19 selection for reasons undisclosed. He has never ever said he didn't want to play for Scotland, so dry your pants.

That said, I think his general attitude as a young kid did stink (don't know if it's improved at all) and I don't think he's very good anyway. That's not the point though.

Quality post and word usage. :ok:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/chelsea-star-islam-feruz-turns-back-on-scotland-1-3420736

Waken up and smell the coffee eh? Since this story (above) broke I have not read any denial of this from Feruz and this is backed up by the fact he has been in no Scotland squad since then. Go figure eh? Not that it bugs me as from the times I have seen him we are losing sweet FA.

Just to add here is a report today indicating Feruz has said he doesn't want to be considered.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/islam-feruz-to-make-cardiff-loan-switch.115567501

Edited by Caledonian Craig

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/chelsea-star-islam-feruz-turns-back-on-scotland-1-3420736

Waken up and smell the coffee eh? Since this story (above) broke I have not read any denial of this from Feruz and this is backed up by the fact he has been in no Scotland squad since then. Go figure eh? Not that it bugs me as from the times I have seen him we are losing sweet FA.

Just to add here is a report today indicating Feruz has said he doesn't want to be considered.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/islam-feruz-to-make-cardiff-loan-switch.115567501

They are newspaper articles without direct quotes. There's nothing at all to say he doesn't want to play for Scotland.

Billy Stark is gone - Fair chance he was the stumbling block. Lets give Feruz the benefit of the doubt till we know either way

If goes to Celtic he could well end up being the next Paddy McCourt.

The Sun seems to think, hilariously, that United want £2m to sell him just now, even though his contract is out in the summer. Although they laughed at Sheffield United's £100,000 I reckon anything above £400,000 and he'd be gone, maybe even less.

£250,000 would probably do it with him out of contract in the summer. Celtic might do it just do stop United challenging them!

They are newspaper articles without direct quotes. There's nothing at all to say he doesn't want to play for Scotland.

Billy Stark is gone - Fair chance he was the stumbling block. Lets give Feruz the benefit of the doubt till we know either way

I think it was more than just Stark.... sound of things he didn't want to work with Sbragia.

Agree though, there is no direct quotes from the player, just that he didn't want to be involved in one squad, when Chelsea were playing in a tournament, but his lack of involvement since does somewhat highlight that he may have turned his back on us.

Suppose just need to wait and see, but being honest, I have never been impressed with him when see him with Scotland, though has looked the part when seen him in clips at club level.

Yes there are no direct quotes but also nothing from him rubbishing the reports either which I think any footballer with aspirations of playing international football would be looking to do. The other BIG clue is that he has not been involved in any squad since this story first broke. I think that is much more than coincedence. Like wanderer I don't think he is any loss at all anyway - he has looked far from impressive in the games I have seen him play for us and Chelsea youth.

I wish someone from the SFA, perhaps even Strachan himself, would have a wee chat with Feruz and sort all this out.

Feruz was notorious at Celtic for taking tantrums at his coaches and teammates over daft wee things and then profusely begging forgiveness and making apologies the next day. I think we all probably have friends or family who are like that in our own everyday lives, it's just the way they are and we have to work around it.

His twitter comments about wanting to play African Cup of Nations football whilst still being a Scotland youth team player showed he's not the brightest young man.

I really think a wee chat from Strachan or Mark McGhee would do a lot of good. That and Feruz getting some first team football.

As he's still young we should give Feruz the benefit of the doubt.

Feruz has quality, there's no question about that. "I don't think he's very good" is a bit silly tbh. For his age he looks like he could be a player. composed, good technique and awareness. Id you haven't seen it you haven't seen him enough tbh.

Will he carry that thru to become a first team player at chelsea and a full international for us? who knows. as with any kid, it's a lottery.

as has been said there's no quotes from him saying he doesnt want to play for us. he pulled out of a (horrific billy stark) squad as he thought he'd learn more playing a tournament for chelsea. i can't really blame him for that, he was probably right. now stark's gone, let's see what happens. it's not really up to feruz to find every silly story in the press and issue a denial for each and every one. maybe he's just wanting to get playing at a senior level and make his case for a senior call up on the pitch. i don't see how it's beneficial to be throwing insults around the internet when there's no info on his opinion or motivations.

looks like he's on his way to cardiff on loan, so fingers crossed he can break into their starting line up and get his career rolling. Jones' the only guy scoring goal up top for them this year, so he's every chance. If he gets going at a senior level then that can only be good for us. if he's in a senior squad and sees his team-mates going off on international duty, that's only going to encourage him to want the same experience.

it was perfectly clear feruz didnt enjoy his time away with the squads, i've said this before but it was crystal clear at the U21 game at easter road, he sat at the other end of the subs bench than everyone else,playing upfront on his own against england and getting pumped 6-0 i was obviously the last straw for him, he went away to hong kong with his chelsea mates rather than going around lower league english grounds, i dont think many nationalised scots would argue against doing that. if i was 17 and had the choice of going away with my mates to somewhere like hong kong or with a group of guys i didnt get on with for a national team that doesnt represent where i was born or my family are from to shit holes in england i know which choice i would have made

aye, from a career point of view..

go away with chelsea and perform well and you might get an opportunity earlier. getting in at chelsea and you're a nailed on senior international player.

success at chelsea brings international recognition with it.

succeeding (against the odds) with (stark's) scotland u21s doesnt get you much.

Same old story. Buy up rival's best players because they can

If you'd posted this 5-10 years ago I'd have agreed with you. Lennon bought Stokes from Hibs 4 and a half years ago and bought BACK Mulgrew from Aberdeen at the same time. Who have Celtic bought since then? Even Griffiths was bought after he went back to Wolves.

To be honest, it's been that rare of late that I was actually thinking there had been some secret agreement with Celtic and the other teams to not buy their players while Rangers were gone.

If you'd posted this 5-10 years ago I'd have agreed with you. Lennon bought Stokes from Hibs 4 and a half years ago and bought BACK Mulgrew from Aberdeen at the same time. Who have Celtic bought since then? Even Griffiths was bought after he went back to Wolves.

To be honest, it's been that rare of late that I was actually thinking there had been some secret agreement with Celtic and the other teams to not buy their players while Rangers were gone.

Maloney was another one Celtic (and Strachan) brought back. Although, it didn't really work out in the grand scheme of things it has to be said.

Interesting to note that Strachan and Charlie Mulgrew had a big falling out years ago. Mulgrew was the one in the wrong it has to be said. Him and McGeady went out on the piss during pre-season somewhere. McGeady had the sense to immediately apologise but Mulgrew took a bit of a strop and Strachan decided he wasn't putting up with a young layer like that. Fast forward to 2015 now, and its great to see they've put that far behind them now. :-))

Maloney was another one Celtic (and Strachan) brought back. Although, it didn't really work out in the grand scheme of things it has to be said.

Interesting to note that Strachan and Charlie Mulgrew had a big falling out years ago. Mulgrew was the one in the wrong it has to be said. Him and McGeady went out on the piss during pre-season somewhere. McGeady had the sense to immediately apologise but Mulgrew took a bit of a strop and Strachan decided he wasn't putting up with a young layer like that. Fast forward to 2015 now, and its great to see they've put that far behind them now. :-))

I didn't know that about Mulgrew. Good to see Strachan isn't stubborn like his predecessor ;)

I actually think GMS to Celtic would be a good move for everyone involved. Celtic are crying out for wingers, he'll get exposure to European football and get that must-win mentality you can only get from league leaders.

Even if he instantly excelled in the championship, you are still talking at least another year before he is playing in the EPL. Celtic would prepare him for instant selection for the national team. Which is long overdue.

I didn't know that about Mulgrew. Good to see Strachan isn't stubborn like his predecessor ;)

I actually think GMS to Celtic would be a good move for everyone involved. Celtic are crying out for wingers, he'll get exposure to European football and get that must-win mentality you can only get from league leaders.

Even if he instantly excelled in the championship, you are still talking at least another year before he is playing in the EPL. Celtic would prepare him for instant selection for the national team. Which is long overdue.

Yes I can see where you are coming from but there is a big BUT in there. Would he just become another bench-warmer at Celtic kept out of the side by a player bought on the cheap from Europe with questionable credentials? It is something I could just as easily see happening as what you forsee.

Yes I can see where you are coming from but there is a big BUT in there. Would he just become another bench-warmer at Celtic kept out of the side by a player bought on the cheap from Europe with questionable credentials? It is something I could just as easily see happening as what you forsee.

At any other point in the last 3 years i'd have had the same concerns, but Celtic are really struggling for proper wingers at the moment. Deila's formation is perfect for GMS to play on the left or right.

Stokes and McGregor are being shunted out wide and are mediocre at best there. GMS will get a fair crack of the whip (if he signs now).

Deila also keeps talking about getting more Scots into the team. So I can't see any better time for GMS, or any other Scots, going to Celtic.