Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, glasgow jock said:

Looking forward to the Clyde v Aberdeen game tonight, big noisy crowd and also some Aberdeen fans 😄 our form has certainly improved since Ian McCall took charge and certainly don't expect us to be bottom of the pile come May.

Aberdeen should win quite comfortably, can't see them having a repeat of the Darvel game.

This is a free hit for us tonight, league games & our survival way more important

image.png.021b3fe207a76995d4f5adb74ccd80e2.png

an old picture of our last Scottish cup fixture (1984 IIRC) check the crowd packed inside Shawfield, im in there somewhere a young 18 year old  - that Aberdeen time where a bit tasty (think that was Jim Leighton in goals for Aberdeen)

Should be good GJ!

I think we are going to the Peacock & Ivy for a bite to eat and a few pints beforehand. Might try and sneak into the vaults for a few as well.

Gid luck!

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Should be good GJ!

I think we are going to the Peacock & Ivy for a bite to eat and a few pints beforehand. Might try and sneak into the vaults for a few as well.

Gid luck!

Enjoy your night Slasher, mind wrap up 😄

A reasonably comfortable win for the sheep last night and I thought they handled the tie pretty well overall. You have to wonder what might have occurred if that Clyde effort that hit the post had gone in though. Amusing to see Shinnie moaning about the physicality of the Clyde players. I thought Conor Barron was the pick of the players on show. Miovski makes some good runs but I can’t say I was overly impressed by him.

Met some familiar faces in the pub both Clyde and Aberdeen and a good time was had by all 😃

Id like to congratulate Tony Docherty for fucking up a game in 15 seconds. When a manager picks a side that every single supporter looks at and says what the fuck, thats some achievement.

55 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Id like to congratulate Tony Docherty for fucking up a game in 15 seconds. When a manager picks a side that every single supporter looks at and says what the fuck, thats some achievement.

😂😂😂 

9 hours ago, slasher said:

A reasonably comfortable win for the sheep last night and I thought they handled the tie pretty well overall. You have to wonder what might have occurred if that Clyde effort that hit the post had gone in though. Amusing to see Shinnie moaning about the physicality of the Clyde players. I thought Conor Barron was the pick of the players on show. Miovski makes some good runs but I can’t say I was overly impressed by him.

Met some familiar faces in the pub both Clyde and Aberdeen and a good time was had by all 😃

MIovski makes a lot of good runs, unfortunately most of the team either don't see them quickly enough or can't get play a decent pass. With 5 wide players & 5 central midfielders in the squad it was a bit worrying we picked all 5 central players against the worst league team in the country!

Called Airdrie beating St Johnstone when draw was made.

Financially an away tie at one of the OF would be great in the next round but theres still a good few teams in the hat id fancy us giving a good game at home.

19 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Called Airdrie beating St Johnstone when draw was made.

Financially an away tie at one of the OF would be great in the next round but theres still a good few teams in the hat id fancy us giving a good game at home.

Hearts at home is a tasty tie for Airdrie 

We know the matches for viaplay. Rangers v Ayr and St mirren v Celtic.

Do BBC still get two in this round?

If so I think Airdrie v Hearts should be one and ICT v Hibs.

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We know the matches for viaplay. Rangers v Ayr and St mirren v Celtic.

Do BBC still get two in this round?

If so I think Airdrie v Hearts should be one and ICT v Hibs.

Exactly what I predicted on the group chat earlier. Selfishly, I don’t want a Saturday 3pm ko as my teams games are 1:30 Saturdays now 😂

25 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Viaplay? You mean OFTV?

TV and radio coverage of Scottish football is so blatantly funnelled towards the ugly sisters that it is no longer listenable or watchable.

I don’t know why Viaplay bother. That game today was of no interest to anyone other than a Celtic fan.

On a side note was surprised to see Thistles result yesterday after watching them struggle at Cappielow last week and now a decent draw for them as well!

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Viaplay? You mean OFTV?

TV and radio coverage of Scottish football is so blatantly funnelled towards the ugly sisters that it is no longer listenable or watchable.

All coverage is, not sure why it’s required to say Miovski is cuptied now. 

Didn’t see that mentioned about any other goalscorer over the weekend 😂😂😂

IMG_5979.png

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

IMG_5979.png

Pathetic but predictable from The Sun.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I don’t know why Viaplay bother. That game today was of no interest to anyone other than a Celtic fan.

On a side note was surprised to see Thistles result yesterday after watching them struggle at Cappielow last week and now a decent draw for them as well!

Unfortunetly the viewing figures will be significantly higher with only Celtic fans watching. (Or Rangers)

Ultimately broadcasters run a business and in Scotland thats the model that works.

When TV decides not to even bother showing the Edinburgh derby etc you know the writing is on the wall.

Wont ever happen but its the authorites that should be influencing this. Make it part of the selling of the rights that only a certain number of games can involve the OF. Its the authorities that are meant to have the good of the overall game, not the broadcasters.

Im not sure how it works with TV money anymore. Are clubs paid pro rata depending on which round they get to or are they still paid directly if their game is choosen to be on TV? If its the latter then its another thing non OF clubs so be banding together to pressure the authorities on.  

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I read that Buckie will get 41% of yesterdays gate receipts. Anyone care to guess how much that is? Great pay day for them. 

Probably around £250k Ed.

Tickets were £15 each and attendance was around 40,000, tenner for kids.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:56 PM, kumnio said:

Was superb, never seen us two up after 120 seconds before. 

Half my mates missed both goals, thankfully i left the boozer a couple of mins before them!

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If I was a shit stirrer I’d say that’s why Skankenstein wasn’t in the Hertz squad at the weekend 

12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Unfortunetly the viewing figures will be significantly higher with only Celtic fans watching. (Or Rangers)

Ultimately broadcasters run a business and in Scotland thats the model that works.

When TV decides not to even bother showing the Edinburgh derby etc you know the writing is on the wall.

Wont ever happen but its the authorites that should be influencing this. Make it part of the selling of the rights that only a certain number of games can involve the OF. Its the authorities that are meant to have the good of the overall game, not the broadcasters.

Im not sure how it works with TV money anymore. Are clubs paid pro rata depending on which round they get to or are they still paid directly if their game is choosen to be on TV? If its the latter then its another thing non OF clubs so be banding together to pressure the authorities on.  

Have the SPFL and SFA ever thought of starting to promote the game as a whole?

Do other leagues have tv deals where only two teams are regularly televised and the pundits show a huge lack of knowledge on other teams

Sky, TNT and viaplays attitude towards scottish fitba is the complete opposite of their attitude towards other leagues, especially the EPL. The EPL is promoted as a brand and not just two teams. Their adverts make Bournemouth v Luton sound great yet its only about celtic and rangers when it comes to Scotland. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Have the SPFL and SFA ever thought of starting to promote the game as a whole?

Do other leagues have tv deals where only two teams are regularly televised and the pundits show a huge lack of knowledge on other teams

Sky, TNT and viaplays attitude towards scottish fitba is the complete opposite of their attitude towards other leagues, especially the EPL. The EPL is promoted as a brand and not just two teams. Their adverts make Bournemouth v Luton sound great yet its only about celtic and rangers when it comes to Scotland. 

I totally agree, its a nonsence that shouldnt have been allowed to happen however rather than just blame the SFA / SPFL or OF, I prefer to look at what clubs could or should be doing to try and improve it.

If teams still get money for their games being selected for TV in cup games then non OF clubs should be putting pressure on the authorities to insert a clause into the TV deals. Otherwise the OF are almost guarenteed to make extra money each round based purely on their fanbase and not the quality of the tie.

I watched "Brawn" recently. The F1 documentary. Theres abit about all the teams coming together to wrestle control away from F1 and the FIA. In my opinion if the 10 non OF teams and maybe some of the top Championship teams like Dundee Utd etc formed a group and had a collective bargaining position then so much could be done to advance the game.