Qualified - How does it feel in one word? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qualified - How does it feel in one word?

supersub

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

When that draw was made I really thought we were stuffed again, Spain, strongest third seed team, pretty substantial fourth seed and Cyprus (who were shocking in the group) so to qualify like this is just unbelievable. 

Getting Norway was a tough draw. They have potential to be a really good side. Tonight they had Dortmund, Napoli, arsenal and 2 man city players starting, one of which is arguably the 2nd best player on the planet. 

We have done well to qualify ahead of Norway.

If Norway get their act together then I wouldn't want them in future qualifying campaigns.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Getting Norway was a tough draw. They have potential to be a really good side. Tonight they had Dortmund, Napoli, arsenal and 2 man city players starting, one of which is arguably the 2nd best player on the planet. 

If Norway get their act together then I wouldn't want them in future qualifying campaigns.

Could they still get in the back door, and come back to haunt us? 😉

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Norway were probably the strongest pot 3 team we could get but they turned out to be pretty average. If they do improve over the next couple of years we will hopefully end up in the same qualifying pots for at least a while and we will avoid them. 

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Norway were probably the strongest pot 3 team we could get but they turned out to be pretty average. If they do improve over the next couple of years we will hopefully end up in the same qualifying pots for at least a while and we will avoid them. 

I think there's big potential for them to be a decent side in the future. Certainly got enough talented young players. Just need to get themselves a Steve Clarke type who can gel them together and get good results.