Cyprus v Scotland - Match Thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cyprus v Scotland - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

What a stat that has just been read out. We've won the last 10 qualifying games in a row, the most in Europe!

Well I can't remember a better run, can't remember a better sense of expectation and confidence rather than anxiety. In the old days we might grind out a 1-0 at most, against such teams. Remember Liechtenstein at home? Maybe managed 1-0s against Luxembourg? Nice to win comfortably getting the job done in the first half. 

Now look forward to testing ourselves against tougher opposition. 

Just now, syecosse said:

Great result but the only thing I do not understand is why not give a younger/less capped player a go Ferguson or Nesbitt off the subs bench.

i was about to message the only thing i would like to have seen was a few of the more inexperienced players to come on for a substantial period of time 

But overall great result, very professional performance

4 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Great result but the only thing I do not understand is why not give a younger/less capped player a go Ferguson or Nesbitt off the subs bench.

Fergie deserved some gametime imo. Not sure why he isnt getting a chance. Saying that we cant really argue with the results clarke is getting.

10 minutes ago, exile said:

image.png.9d29c631552e4b966e6d7e38107ed03b.png

Love it, I think we are going to have to wait until October 15th when Spain play Norway for it all to be assured.  You lads who will go to Georgia I am envious.

Edited by romanticscot

5 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Love it, I think we are going to have to wait until October 15th when Spain play Norway for it all to be assured.  You lads who will go to Georgia I am envious.

Could get the point in Spain on the 12th. Could be getting carried away but cannot see this team losing many games.

7 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Another good thing about tonight is no yellow cards so both Robbo and Porteus available against Spain. Unless any yellow in the England friendly counts as one?

Friendly bookings won't count. Straight red for violent conduct might though.

Very comfortable win tonight, this is tough to get used to!

Also only 1 of our last 15 goals scored by a striker 😯