Europe 23/24 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You’re a very negative supporter. After the goal, we were the better team by a mile. A very accomplished second half performance, you should look at the positives once in a while. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You’re a very negative supporter. After the goal, we were the better team by a mile. A very accomplished second half performance, you should look at the positives once in a while. 

Wind yer neck in min. After the first half it was hardly being negative to think the dons would get nothing from the game. 

Roofe is on the bench. Surely worth 15 mins instead of Sima who did nothing all game. I don’t understand Clement with these decisions. At least Aris are still in the hunt for a Conference place and Sparta need to win there.

Massive opportunity missed there. He got the starting line up totally wrong. And threw Cantwell under a bus.

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Roofe is on the bench. Surely worth 15 mins instead of Sima who did nothing all game. I don’t understand Clement with these decisions. At least Aris are still in the hunt for a Conference place and Sparta need to win there.

Massive opportunity missed there. He got the starting line up totally wrong. And threw Cantwell under a bus.

Cantwell probably dived under the bus 😜

That was brutal from Rangers last night.  Absolutely devoid of energy, creativity and leadership.  2 games in a row where we've had a chance to make some progress and they've not turned up.  I'm not sure what the manager sees in Lammers to keep him around the starting XI as he looks to be one of the worst signings we've made in years (and I include Kevin Kyle in that....).  Also speaks volumes that 2 games in a row we're chasing a goal and Dessers doesn't even get off the bench in either.  At this point I'm tempted to lump on Aberdeen in the cup final at 10/3!!

23 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That was brutal from Rangers last night.  Absolutely devoid of energy, creativity and leadership.  2 games in a row where we've had a chance to make some progress and they've not turned up.  I'm not sure what the manager sees in Lammers to keep him around the starting XI as he looks to be one of the worst signings we've made in years (and I include Kevin Kyle in that....).  Also speaks volumes that 2 games in a row we're chasing a goal and Dessers doesn't even get off the bench in either.  At this point I'm tempted to lump on Aberdeen in the cup final at 10/3!!

I don't think there is a scenario where I would back against Rangers but Clement showed incredible arrogance last night in his team selection. If Lammers starts Sunday I will be seriously concerned. I have a feeling we will get through thus group on 8 points. Forever the optimist. 

39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I thought Rangers would win last night, quite easily in fact, but even as a neutral, that was a hard watch. Can't believe how bad they were.

I think the rule of thumb for Rangers or Celtic being good enough to be succesful,  is going to Aberdeen and winning comfortably.

The game at the weekend showed that Rangers are far from that therefore the result last night was surprising but not unexpected

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I don't think there is a scenario where I would back against Rangers but Clement showed incredible arrogance last night in his team selection. If Lammers starts Sunday I will be seriously concerned. I have a feeling we will get through thus group on 8 points. Forever the optimist. 

Odd that Cantwell gets shifted from central position, where he's useful, to the flank, in order to make way for Lammers who has done next to nothing for us. 

Beale's obviously misspent a lot of money but the January window is going to be important.

• 2 weeks later...