Europe 23/24 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 3/8/2024 at 4:27 PM, Orraloon said:

Nah, not buying that one. There must be plenty of that in Rome as well. It means exactly what the banner says, IMO.

I was only closing the loop on the "other connotations" although i believe intent was firmly tongue in cheek (no other connotation in that part either though )

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I was only closing the loop on the "other connotations" although i believe intent was firmly tongue in cheek (no other connotation in that part either though )

🤣

Would never point to injuries/ability at domestic level but at this level we are came up short in key positions Disappointed that the goal game from a mistake. Quarters would have been a step to far and the prospect of a hammering from Liverpool was not appealing. 

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I’ve never seen anything from him that justifies his huge transfer fees. 

There was a spell at Madrid when he was probably on a par with the likes of Arjen Robben but he’s way over the hill now.

55 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

We need the Czech team left in the Conference not to progress further if we want to preserve Scotlands spot in the coefficient standings. 

We need them not even to draw any of the games 

1 draw gives them enough points to overtake us.

1 hour ago, Dangerous said:

Even if Scotland does stay above Czechia this season, it really does look like a big drop down the rankings list is in store at the end of next season.

Yup, 9 or so points drop off next season.

Here's hoping Hearts can have a decent Euro group and St Mirren/Killie can find a way to win a game or two.

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Yup, 9 or so points drop off next season.

Here's hoping Hearts can have a decent Euro group and St Mirren/Killie can find a way to win a game or two.

Hearts are in the group stages?

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Scotland loses its automatic place in the Champions League group stage as of 2025-26. 

Plzen's draw with Fiorentina tonight was the result that did it. 

•  

Excellent news 👍 

7 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Old Firm should be doing better, no question about it.

The rest of us need favourable draws, and to be better prepend for the early qualifiers. 

In the Champions League, yes. Rangers have done very well in the Europa League in the last 5 years or so. 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

In the Champions League, yes. Rangers have done very well in the Europa League in the last 5 years or so. 

Yes, fair point. But even this season, draws with the Cypriot mob aren't acceptable.  

28 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Yes, fair point. But even this season, draws with the Cypriot mob aren't acceptable.  

Beating Betis home and away is punching above our weight I’d say though. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Beating Betis home and away is punching above our weight I’d say though. 

That's like saying Hibs beating Luzern is fine because they got humped by Inter D'escaldes.

I'd day given Rangers recently European runs, forgetting the CL shambles, they're on a par with Betis and should be beating them.