Europe 23/24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know aberdeen are guaranteed group stage football, hopefully they go one better than hearts did and get the europa slot. I'm delighted at conference group football but europa would a huge huge win for a club like aberdeen

Celtic have group stage football but do Rangers?

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know aberdeen are guaranteed group stage football, hopefully they go one better than hearts did and get the europa slot. I'm delighted at conference group football but europa would a huge huge win for a club like aberdeen

Celtic have group stage football but do Rangers?

Rangers are guaranteed Europa League group stage if they fail to qualify for CL.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, Grantyboy1983 said:

Rangers are guaranteed Europa League group stage if they fail to qualify for CL.

I could be wrong but I think if we go out in QR3 it’s Conference groups and if we lose the playoffs it’s Europa groups. 

22 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I could be wrong but I think if we go out in QR3 it’s Conference groups and if we lose the playoffs it’s Europa groups. 

I've read that Rangers are guaranteed a Europa League group stage spot should they lose in CL 3rd qualifying round or the latter play-off round. If they lose in the play-off round they also receive a £5m parachute payment which they don't get if they lose in the 3rd qualifying round.

33 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

So Hibs currently 1-0 down to a team from Andorra. As much as some might delight in this, it is embarrassing for Scottish football. I hope they turn it around.

It happens every year though with Scottish Teams outwith the OF

Both of the goals were shocking. The guy Rocky was useless all game. 2nd goal was just a GK punt that Hibs allowed to bounce and their striker literally didnt need to do anything to get his shot away, which was a tame effort spilled by Marshall for a tap in. 

You would like to think a decent crowd next week would inject some pace into Hibs play but they looked like a Sunday league team.

No creativity at all, not 1 player who looked like he was comfortable taking the ball under pressure. Hibs have good youth teams. How none of them can get into this side is beyond me. 

Every year you want the non Old Firm sides to step up and show what our league is all about and every year they put in results and performances that are beyond embarrasing.  

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Something always grated on me about fans shouting at players/staff for a refund.

No one forces anyone to go out their way to travel to a sporting event, take time off work etc - which believe it or not may not go to plan. Especially when said team involved is any Scottish team going abroad, seeing as our clubs taking turns to embarrass us all in the early European qualifiers appears to be a yearly tradition.

8 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Something always grated on me about fans shouting at players/staff for a refund.

No one forces anyone to go out their way to travel to a sporting event, take time off work etc - which believe it or not may not go to plan. Especially when said team involved is any Scottish team going abroad, seeing as our clubs taking turns to embarrass us all in the early European qualifiers appears to be a yearly tradition.

Not going to plan is one thing - not turning up, or playing beneath what you are capable is another

We in Scotland have been too quick to reward failure in my lifetime