Europe 23/24 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Good result which could’ve been better, could’ve been worse earlier. If they play a smart 2nd leg they should be fine 👍

The game changed when mcgarry and mcgrath came on. Its only mcgarrys first appearance but he looks like a player.

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, slasher said:

The sheep 1-0 down at the break but this game could finish anything. They are both howling at the back!

A new CB & 2 wing backs in a back 3, with 2 wingers at wing back, a tad adventurous for an away Euro tie. Thankfully we started to get the new boys into the team in the 2nd half. Pity we weren't able to do that for the Celtic game.

Aberdeen look in good shape to reach the Europa League. Great fightback from them and fingers crossed they get the desired result at Pittodrie. Hearts are up against it now after that defeat and conditions will be tough in the return leg. Very hot and humid, hostile atmosphere and having to get a win - big ask. Hibs are dead and buried but I don't think even a staunch Hibs fan was expecting them to come through against Villa. Rangers are still in with a shout but, for me, they are not playing like a well-drilled team just now with consistency. That could be their undoing in the second leg.

Slow start by us last night, with some missed opportunities in the 1st half. Came a lot stronger in the 2nd half, subs being key, McGarry couldve forced himself into a starting slot immediately. 

Thought Miovski was brilliant in the 2nd half, but a bit theatrical for the sending off, which is disappointing to see from an Aberdeen player. 

Confident for next week now, another 10 minutes and we would’ve won that game, they were strong going forward, but defence looks like it can collapse at anytime. 

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Thought Hearts were unlucky, beautiful finish from Shankland for the offside goal. Up against it now but you never know.

Aye, I didn't think there was much between them and PAOK at all - the fact it took a near wonder-strike to win I think is testament to that.

Felt a bit sorry for Shankland because his second "goal" was wonderful.

A huge week of European football for scottish clubs. Rangers and Aberdeen with it all to play for, hearts have a faint hope. Hibs are oot, they'd be as well sending their women's team

7 mins gone and it's zero zero in the huns match

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A huge week of European football for scottish clubs. Rangers and Aberdeen with it all to play for, hearts have a faint hope. Hibs are oot, they'd be as well sending their women's team

7 mins gone and it's zero zero in the huns match

I assumed Hibs did that in the first leg? 

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Well that was always going to come back and bite me on the arse!! 

I'm not going to laugh at rangers till I see the outcome of aberdeen v hacken tomorrow night........

Edited by vanderark14

Over the two legs we have been masters of our own downfall as crucial times. Lost quick goals at 2-1  In the first leg and then after we got back into the game at 2-1 tonight. . 7-3 probably doesn’t reflect what we put into the tie. No doubt PSV deserved progression though. 

16 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Over the two legs we have been masters of our own downfall as crucial times. Lost quick goals at 2-1  In the first leg and then after we got back into the game at 2-1 tonight. . 7-3 probably doesn’t reflect what we put into the tie. No doubt PSV deserved progression though. 

Rangers were honking tonight. Sat back and tried to absorb from early doors and that's just no gonna work against a good team. Took until 2-0 down to start playing, get themselves back in then lose a goal straight away. So so poor. Goldsons OG was a belter

57 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

With all due respect Ed, that is tinfoil hat wearing stuff you’ve posted there. PSV wiped the floor with your lot over the two games and it could have been worse. Your marquee signing hasn’t been trusted to lead the line in your two most important games of the season and your manager hasn’t won a game that really mattered in 10 months in charge. That will probably change on Sunday but that will be on the fuckwits who run Celtic, no one else.

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

With all due respect Ed, that is tinfoil hat wearing stuff you’ve posted there. PSV wiped the floor with your lot over the two games and it could have been worse. Your marquee signing hasn’t been trusted to lead the line in your two most important games of the season and your manager hasn’t won a game that really mattered in 10 months in charge. That will probably change on Sunday but that will be on the fuckwits who run Celtic, no one else.

I'd put money on Ian Beale being shown the door after a loss on Sunday