Europe 23/24 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Fuck Europe. I canna even get from Aberdeen to Charlton without a 2.5 hour delay 🙈

Give yourself plenty of time to get to the ground. Train strikes taking place around the south east

16 hours ago, dan cake said:

Fully expect the Hibernians to win 1-0 at Easter Road then lose on penalties, Hibsing it to the max

At least you’ve shown yar face. There’s more than a few that go into hiding on here on such occasions 👍

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Give yourself plenty of time to get to the ground. Train strikes taking place around the south east

Got there in good time, missed half of the 2nd half in a queue for a pint, cracking day out though. 

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

2-1 hibs and then edging it in extra time.

They should be blowing teams like this away about 4 nil though.

Currently 3 nil to hibs. I hope they keep this up and win by more

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Currently 3 nil to hibs. I hope they keep this up and win by more

Much better by Hibs and to be honest its what we should be expecting our clubs to do in these rounds both home and away. Hopefully the away leg was just a blip and lack of match practice.

Is it 2 more rounds to get to the group stages? 

Think Hearts enter at the next stage aswell. Anybody got any info on both their opponents? Are they favourites on paper?

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Much better by Hibs and to be honest its what we should be expecting our clubs to do in these rounds both home and away. Hopefully the away leg was just a blip and lack of match practice.

Is it 2 more rounds to get to the group stages? 

Think Hearts enter at the next stage aswell. Anybody got any info on both their opponents? Are they favourites on paper?

Not sure who hearts play yet. I'd  genuinely like one of the Edinburgh clubs or both to get groups stage football too but I know it's more likely to be the final playoff round at best.

For Aberdeen, the target has to be europa group stage, that will depend on the playoff opponent. It's time for one of the other clubs to punch above their weight in Europe for once

Edited by vanderark14

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure who hearts play yet. I'd  genuinely like one of the Edinburgh clubs or both to get groups stage football too but I know it's more likely to be the final playoff round at best.

For Aberdeen, the target has to be europa group stage, that will depend on the playoff opponent. It's time for one of the other clubs to punch above their weight in Europe for once

The jambos will be playing Rosenborg.

There’s a bit of a Scotland v Switzerland vibe going on with the rest what with the Hibees off to Lucern and the huns facing Servette. Assuming the huns take care of their tie I think I’m right in saying Servette could be potential opponents for Aberdeen as well. I wouldn’t put money on any of them the way things have gone in the past but you would surely think that all four have a decent chance of progressing against that backdrop.

I watched the first half last night and although they looked a bit ropey early on it was a skoosh case in the end. As I said after the first leg all’s well that ends well 👍

How do teams like Hibs and Motherwell keep embarrassing themselves and all the rest of us in these games? St Johnstone did about four years in a row in Europe, beat Rosenberg, drew with Galatasaray, no embarrassing defeats. What the fuck is wrong with shitholes like Hibs?

46 minutes ago, biffer said:

How do teams like Hibs and Motherwell keep embarrassing themselves and all the rest of us in these games? St Johnstone did about four years in a row in Europe, beat Rosenberg, drew with Galatasaray, no embarrassing defeats. What the fuck is wrong with shitholes like Hibs?

We also got pumped fae teams in Armenia and Lithuania though... 

46 minutes ago, biffer said:

Can't speak for Hibs and I know you're just using them as an example but Motherwell have a large turnaround of players every season now, no one seems to be on long term contracts. We seem to spend every summer trying to replace our best players. During this period when we are scrambling around for replacements the European qualification games start.  That's my excuse anyway but yes they should probably still have enough to deal with some of these teams.

59 minutes ago, biffer said:

At least Hibs got their embarrassing defeat out the way in the first leg, similar to Celtic at Lincoln Red Imps.

The worst results remain Rangers v Progres and Killie v the Nomads 😖

5 hours ago, biffer said:

Did I miss something? 

Hibs won 6-2, did they not?

20 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs draw Aston Villa if they get past Luzern, probably best no to tbh Villa could take double figures off us over two legs. Then again that might get rid of the imposter in the dug out 😀

Glamour tie at least. I hope hibs make it passed Luzern.