Rory Hamilton - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rory Hamilton

N4Footsoldier

I know it's a sore subject for some that National games are not on council tv even though it's been mentioned countless times why this isn't the case. But can we just acknowledge what a good job this young man is doing since the games moved away from Sky Sports?

Perfect example is the build up to the winning goal on Saturday: "McGinn, Dykes, MCLEAN", whereas Crocker would have spoiled it with the same old "This is the Scotland way" or similar turgid pish.

It probably helps that Rory is a legitimate Scotland fan as well, not to mention the team is winning now.

100% agree. He's so much better than Crocker.

And yes, it helps that he's a Scotland fan. He used to post on here when he was just starting out in his career, if i remember right.

All over this. The biggest positive of the move away from Sky for sure. Hearing the real passion of a guy who was sitting in the North Stand for games until a year ago makes a difference.

And he's come in at a great time now we're getting these moments worth replaying over and over!

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Tagged him in a tweet yesterday praising the great job he did on the commentary. Ace commentator all round, does the URC rugby on ViaPlay too.

Agree, he's excellent on the rugby commentary and really knows his stuff, obvious he takes the time to do some research before the games.

Some upgrade on the days of Crocker flanked by Davie Provan!

Think the overall presentation by Viaplay is excellent. As said, Rory is not only a fan but also knowledgeable about the game. Ditto Michael Stewart. Hutton is Okish but enjoyed Fiortoft's  ( spelling?) take on the match on Saturday.

Maybe just coincidence the team has done much better since the dark days of Crocker and Provan.

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Think the overall presentation by Viaplay is excellent. As said, Rory is not only a fan but also knowledgeable about the game. Ditto Michael Stewart. Hutton is Okish but enjoyed Fiortoft's  ( spelling?) take on the match on Saturday.

Maybe just coincidence the team has done much better since the dark days of Crocker and Provan.

Think Hutton comes across well. Would love to make more use of super Ally though 

3 minutes ago, bonzo said:

On the whole I enjoy viaplay's coverage, Michael Stewart just laughing when Kenny McLean scored...brilliant 👍

I feel like the pundit commentators celebrating goals is starting to be a bit overdone now trying to recreate the classic Ally McCoist moments against Israel and Denmark

18 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I feel like the pundit commentators celebrating goals is starting to be a bit overdone now trying to recreate the classic Ally McCoist moments against Israel and Denmark

Not having that.

They are in the ground and feeling the same emotions/adrenalin rush that all of us who couldn't be at the game did when Scotland scored the second one. They have every right to do so. Are you suggesting Davie Provan's doomy voice would be preferable?

Edited by Barney Rubble

6 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

I think Hutton is very good as a pundit.

8 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

This miserable prick on Twitter 🤣🤣

Listen to the commentary of Kane's winner against Denmark in the Euro 2021 semi final. The commentator celebrates it and so he should too, its his team. or if you want another, the luke shaw goal is celebrated by the same commentator

Viaply have been ok, they did an offer recently which I felt was very good value for money and I am an advocate for the games being free to air

£59 for a year subscription. less than a fiver a month is great value to see every Scotland qualifier and Nations league match, especially since I can't get to games

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Viaply have been ok, they did an offer recently which I felt was very good value for money and I am an advocate for the games being free to air

£59 for a year subscription. less than a fiver a month is great value to see every Scotland qualifier and Nations league match, especially since I can't get to games

If you know where to go, you can get sky, BT & Viaplay sports for that price, as well as the whole sky package with world channels thrown in for good measure 😜