SNP leadership election - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

The National is a fucking comic. 

Hope Forbes toughs it out. Trust her miles more than the other two.  

It's amazing to think a genuinely honest politicians like forbes is being targeted already.

49 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Weird as I thought her support would have completely collapsed but although it has dipped she is still in it, some of the bile being spewed from the far left in the party is really bad and tbh the party needs clear of that,, I want a United party, humza is useless and the general public will not vote for him due to his failings, Katie is coming across pretty crazy at the moment and ash av heard is crazy 🤷‍♂️ Forbes would have walked it had she just been economical with the truth. I don’t agree with how venomously she has been attacked, humza’s beliefs are similar and I have seen nothing so aggressive being asked towards him

Because in our society the particular faith he follows is off limits for criticism or scrutiny, unless you're prepared to risk being accused of some sort of ism. 

He's also a dumpling.  If I was a Labour or Tory supporter I would be quietly rooting for him (in much the same way I was secretly pleased when Johnson then Truss won the Tory leadership) because with him in charge I can very easily see the SNP losing the next HR election.

You mentioned rumours about his personal life earlier: I reckon they guy has skeletons in his closet that won't be revealed until he is installed as leader, prompting more chaos in the party.  He's getting too easy a ride so far and it has the feeling of someone being set up for a fall.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The National is a fucking comic. 

Hope Forbes toughs it out. Trust her miles more than the other two.  

It is a bit naff.  Okay, a lot naff.  But it says something when a paper launched to support Scottish independence publishes a deliberately misleading headline to discredit a potential leader of the largest pro-independence party in the country.

I hope she toughs it out too but I wouldn't blame her at all if she chucked it.  You'd need the heart of a lion to withstand the barrage she's been subjected to these past couple of days - I certainly couldn't tolerate it.

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It is a bit naff.  Okay, a lot naff.  But it says something when a paper launched to support Scottish independence publishes a deliberately misleading headline to discredit a potential leader of the largest pro-independence party in the country.

Owned by Newsquest of London

Whatever happens or whoever wins, none of them will deliver independence for Scotland.

We've been snookered since that supreme court ruling and UK government basically being able to overruled Holyrood; the people don't care enough about independence nor do most of the SNP (far too tucking cosy with the whole setup). 

Independence is over for a long time. Labour will win the next UK election and they may well win a second term (considering how utterly shite the Tories are; they won't need to do much). 

Scots are too weak and passive to deserve independence, really 

57 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Weird as I thought her support would have completely collapsed but although it has dipped she is still in it, some of the bile being spewed from the far left in the party is really bad and tbh the party needs clear of that,, I want a United party, humza is useless and the general public will not vote for him due to his failings, Katie is coming across pretty crazy at the moment and ash av heard is crazy 🤷‍♂️ Forbes would have walked it had she just been economical with the truth. I don’t agree with how venomously she has been attacked, humza’s beliefs are similar and I have seen nothing so aggressive being asked towards him

She is being attacked as she is the only real threat. It couldn’t be more obvious. More conservative people may appreciate her honesty , even those who are more open minded. These are the people who need won over. The right wing press will find it a lot harder to slate her than the other two. 

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Lol aye if only it was that uneventful.. tell you I would take any boring candidate ATM even fergus Ewing or Richard lochead

Arise Sir Swinney of John...

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I want a United party, humza is useless

Yeah, it really sounds like you want a United party, what you mean is you want a party on your terms.

Kate Forbes is a bonfire, Humza Yousaf hasn’t put a foot wrong so far but I’m sure he will do, Ash Regan hasn’t said a word publicly yet. 

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

You're probably right there. The editor of the National's other half has been sticking the boot in on Forbes on Twitter.

Richard Walker is the former editor of the National, hasn’t been editor there for at least a couple of years. 

What a bin fire already.

The SNP will eat itself.

The people of this country deserve better and so do those who are part of the independence movement as a whole.

It doesn’t matter who wins the leadership election now, it’s going to take years recover from this shit show.