SNP leadership election - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

49 minutes ago, aaid said:

He’s doing a great job at that then. 

At least he is not manipulating it like say Campbell did with Blair

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2023 at 11:16 PM, aaid said:

An attempted smear on Twitter against Humza Yousaf seems to have bitten the dust tonight.  Started apparently by Chris Musson from the Sun.  He was suggesting that Yousaf had been dishonest in claiming he supported Equal Marriage but did not vote for the bill.  

Turns out he didn’t vote for the bill at the final stage - he had voted for it at earlier stages - because he had urgent ministerial business.  The urgent business was a meeting with the Pakistani Consul to discuss a Scottish citizen who was on death row for blasphemy.  He was Minister for International Development at the time.

I can remember when journalists used to do things like check facts

They do

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/02/humzas-lies-on-gay-marriage/

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

time for big Eck, to rejoin the party this week and “unite the clans”… or some other cliched tosh that i hear occasionally like the word “quisling” 🤣🤣🤣

some folk still living in braveheart land

Braveheart land? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say unite the clans and the use of the word quisling isnt used that often. I suspect you've seen it used a couple of times on social media therefore you equate this to something nationalists say all the time. 

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Braveheart land? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say unite the clans and the use of the word quisling isnt used that often. I suspect you've seen it used a couple of times on social media therefore you equate this to something nationalists say all the time. 

To be fair, Ally Bongo does use quisling in every other sentence.  

To be fair whatever electoral losses are lost to the youth will be recouped by Scottish Family Party gains. the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.

Ash Regan just needs to keep quiet a bit longer and will be home dry.

I like the scrutiny , it's annoying when it is deployed as a weapon though and not applied equally.

Just now, phart said:

To be fair whatever electoral losses are lost to the youth will be recouped by Scottish Family Party gains. the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.

Ash Regan just needs to keep quiet a bit longer and will be home dry.

I like the scrutiny , it's annoying when it is deployed as a weapon though and not applied equally.

I totally agree with this, it would be great to see this level of scrutiny applied to westminster and the unionist parties in Holyrood.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is Craig Murray wrong here?

It confirms he had the meeting, the rest is his opinion and is not fact.

Craig Murray is also a member of another political party and is not an impartial observer.  

Also, I wonder how his comment on equating Ash Regan with left wing economics will survive scrutiny.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Humza would be more hated than salmond and sturgeon ever was.

Even many of those who hate Salmond and Sturgeon acknowledge, grudgingly, that they had their strengths as well as weaknesses.  With Humza though, it's hard to see what his strengths are, save for a seemingly unshakable faith in his own abilities.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Even many of those who hate Salmond and Sturgeon acknowledge, grudgingly, that they had their strengths as well as weaknesses.  With Humza though, it's hard to see what his strengths are, save for a seemingly unshakable faith in his own abilities.

humzah is two divisions below both sturgeon and salmond.  he would be a disaster.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

To be fair, Ally Bongo does use quisling in every other sentence.  

I like to call a spade a spade when i see it

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Well said. Last 20 seconds sums it up. 

Agreed.

Shame we can have more people like this as politicians. 

Said it before but social media has really highlighted how a lot of politicians are really just activists for some causes or generally under qualified for the job. 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

Yeah, it really sounds like you want a United party, what you mean is you want a party on your terms.

Kate Forbes is a bonfire, Humza Yousaf hasn’t put a foot wrong so far but I’m sure he will do, Ash Regan hasn’t said a word publicly yet. 

contrary to what you think, yes i want the party united, not dictated to by a fringe green party who are trying to hold us ransom, why are we in this position? i have warned this was going to happen for long enough and you laugh and ridicule me. we will need to take a step back to go forward.. its crucial we get the right leader in or it will be a slow agonizing decline for us,, take a short term hit and go from there

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

contrary to what you think, yes i want the party united, not dictated to by a fringe green party who are trying to hold us ransom, why are we in this position? i have warned this was going to happen for long enough and you laugh and ridicule me. we will need to take a step back to go forward.. its crucial we get the right leader in or it will be a slow agonizing decline for us,, take a short term hit and go from there

About what I’d expect from a climate change shoulder shrugger.