SNP leadership election - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

No, she sent her kids to private school.  All a bit new Labour. 

That could be one of the next questions the so called journalists ask Kate Forbes - "When your kid gets older will you send her to a private school like Ash did?".

They won't ask Humza that question, as he can't gat any school to take his sprogs.

Edited by Orraloon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Worse than that, she sent them to private school as she was too busy and state schools “didn’t provide wrap-around care”. 

Unless she’s specifically said private schools are xy and z then it doesn’t really bother me. Wouldn’t surprise me either if half the snp and more do the same. 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That could be one of the next questions the so called journalists ask Kate Forbes - "When your kid gets older will you send her to a private school like Ash did?".

They won't ask Humza that question, as he can't gat any school to take his sprogs.

That’s a good one,   Humza of course went to Hutchie, where he was a few years behind Anas Sarwar.  He regularly gets stick for going to a private school but generally kids don’t tend to get much say in where they’re schooled.

Edited by aaid

1 minute ago, aaid said:

That’s a good one,   Humza of course went to Hutchie, where he was a few years behind Anas Sarwar.  He regularly gets stick for going to a private school but generally kids don’t tend to get much say in where they’re schooled.

That's neither here nor there when there is some slagging to be done. 😂

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

That's neither here nor there when there is some slagging to be done. 😂

True.   Funny to think that there could be two ex Hutchie, Scottish Muslim part leaders in a few weeks time.  

Hutchie - the Scottish Eton. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

True.   Funny to think that there could be two ex Hutchie, Scottish Muslim part leaders in a few weeks time.  

Hutchie - the Scottish Eton. 

For balance, Kate Forbes went to a Gaelic medium school and Ash Regan went to a state school in England.

Yousaf did a degree in politics at Glasgow, Forbes did History at Cambridge and Regan did International Relations at Keele.

Scottish universities clearly not good enough for them - joke for the hard of thinking.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I defy anyone, including Aaid, to disagree with Campbell today apart from voting for Ash Regan

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-white-flag-gang/

And it’s becoming increasingly clear that the events of the next few days and weeks will not just determine the future of the independence movement, but whether in any meaningful, practical sense it continues to exist at all.

The Indian Council of Scotland and The Muslim Council of the UK have also stated their worries about Humza

https://wingsoverscotland.com/a-time-of-fear/

I saw the Indian council thing earlier and googled them for some reason it's all stuff about praising Arlene Foster and giving Rangers awards, it was very strange. So I just went back to doing other stuff.

EDIT: I see other folk fact check still as well. I just replied without reading the subsequent discourse after it on here.

Edited by phart

46 minutes ago, phart said:

I saw the Indian council thing earlier and googled them for some reason it's all stuff about praising Arlene Foster and giving Rangers awards, it was very strange. So I just went back to doing other stuff.

EDIT: I see other folk fact check still as well. I just replied without reading the subsequent discourse after it on here.

Aye - its taken away from his post about Alyn Smith, Stewart MacDonald and the direction of the SNP gradualists

2 hours ago, aaid said:

No, she sent her kids to private school.  All a bit new Labour. 

Absolutely nothing with that.  Firstly nothing wrong with sending your children to private school and secondly this is a joint decision with the children’s father.

id much rather have a first minister that sends their kids to private school than one that can’t define a man or woman (and also happens to be hopelessly incapable).

One thing I find a bit strange is why any of them are trying to campaign through the media. At present they are only after the votes of SNP members. Why aren't they just campaign through the normal SNP channels? Maybe Ash Regan has a bit more nous about her than I suspected???

4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

That’s why I like Jim fairlie,, seems a right honest normal lad

9785F311-D574-4A8C-AF68-16875B578E75.png

Weird seeing my uncle and cousins being referenced. 

I think Kate Forbes will get a lot of support for being forthright about her beliefs regardless of whether people agree or not. I think she is the favourite honestly.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Absolutely nothing with that.  Firstly nothing wrong with sending your children to private school and secondly this is a joint decision with the children’s father.

id much rather have a first minister that sends their kids to private school than one that can’t define a man or woman (and also happens to be hopelessly incapable).

in this day and age it's really not a vote loser I agree.

im not in favour of private schools but if that's her scandal..wowee.

4 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Do all atheists feel hypocritical when they vote for someone? This situation is bonkers and completely unfair on Forbes (though she should have done the political thing ie lied). Time for Catholic, Muslim, etc, politicians to e aggressively quizzed on their personal beliefs. Only fair eh?

I doubt it  Imagine most folk just have to compromise, thats what I am doing, there is always going to be something you disagree with someone about. It’s totally unfair on Forbes but not in the least surprising .

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

it’s almost concerning that this vote is deemed to be so important for independence, shouldn’t any snp politician be capable of taking the independence movement forward?

Obviously some are gonna be more likeable than others to your unsure voter but if that’s what it’s hinging on, maybe it’s not meant to be. 

No. Not every MSP is capable of heading the party and its the person at the top thats going to steer the ship. At the moment for me it’s damage limitation, I cannot see independence in the near future the focus needs to be on ensuring unionists dont get control of the SG. The only way that will happen is if the SNP show strong leadership and regain the trust of the electorate . That is not going to happen with Humza at the helm IMO. It sounds like I am giving him a hard time but I honestly cant understate how ineffective he would be. There is no guarantee Kate Forbes will turn things around but I think she has a better chance than Humza. 

45 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

Weird seeing my uncle and cousins being referenced. 

I think Kate Forbes will get a lot of support for being forthright about her beliefs regardless of whether people agree or not. I think she is the favourite honestly.

I have always liked him, seems to genuinely care about agriculture and there’s a passion that comes across. You will always do good by what you are passionate about.

That indian Council / Muslim council thing is a bit strange.  Seems a bit astroturfy - the Neil Lal guy seems to be a unionist and there seems to be some connection to Rangers (whether dead or new version i don't know).  not sure what's going on there but I thought the yoon side wanted Yousaf to win as he's a disaster for indy and the SNP.  Is it some sort of personal feud?  Strange one.  I assume Wings will edit his article fairly promptly as I think he's maybe got the wrong end of the stick, but who knows what it's all about?

4 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Do all atheists feel hypocritical when they vote for someone? This situation is bonkers and completely unfair on Forbes (though she should have done the political thing ie lied). Time for Catholic, Muslim, etc, politicians to e aggressively quizzed on their personal beliefs. Only fair eh?

I feel it's an incorrect framing. All beliefs are political beliefs when you're in power. If they originate by religious dogma or subscribing to Egalitarianism is almost irrelevant.

Advocating for politicians to lie isn't really a well thought out plan or healthy for a democracy in the long run.

I think since i believe all beliefs are political beliefs in this context then aye time for folk to be scrutinised. More information available the better for decision making.