General ranting not politics related - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General ranting not politics related

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, CumbernauldJag said:

Try Ublock Origin if its available for your browser. Im using it on Chrome and seems to be stopping ads ok.

Thanks CJ.   I was about to install it in Firefox and give it a go, but am put off by this...

Access your data for all websites

The extension could read the content of any web page you visit, as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.

I'll need to check my existing AdBlockPlus ans see what Firefox says about that.

Edited by Grim Jim
Just checked and AdBlockPlus is the same :-(

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed but drivers have become less tolerant of other drivers. I have experienced increased levels of aggressive drivers and tailgaiting. Might be an age thing for me as I am getting older but driving is getting more stressful for me.

I find this too. Right up behind you even if you're already doing or close to the speed limit. Often an Audi or big 4x4 looming in the mirror. Same with the roads that are now 20; you'd think it was me that set the limit the way they act! 

9 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Shops and tv adverts promoting Xmas……. for the last two weeks!

dickish behaviour….. you’ll get my money just shut it with your tripe for a bit longer. Lidl add!!!! What a load of shit…… Xmas ads by numbers.

Look on the bright side, only 2 weeks to go and you'll be able to get a creme egg 😁

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, fringo said:

Looks like the TAMB is being spammed by various new users.

new members should need moderators approval for their first few posts 

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

new members should need moderators approval for their first few posts 

I think there used to be a cooling off period of a few days before your could post but I guess it's not feasible to check every new user's first posts.

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Have you reported it? Admins won't know unless somebody reports it.

Yes i do my duty and report all spam i see,  including those that arent ....

Supermarkets discontinuing your favourite lines. After the great Mackay's Vintage Dundee Marmalade crisis of a few months back (now, thankfully resolved), Tesco have stopped doing Rowies. Sainsbury's have joined in and are no longer stocking Orkney Brewery's Red MacGregor. I may have to write to the managers