General ranting not politics related - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General ranting not politics related

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

👍 I try to avoid all contact with them unfortunately pubs seem to be full of them and dogs these days, yet neither of them drink 🤷‍♂️

Dugs are great but don't really want big slevery ones near me in pubs and that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pedestrians who meander across pavements when you are in a hurry and trying to get by them. And folk who walk out of shops without looking to see if anyone is coming along. 
Oh and a special mention to the folk that park on the top level of Johnstone station car park. See all those signs that say NO ENTRY ‘ and ‘ NO ACCESS TO RAMP FOR PEDESTRIANS USE STAIRCASE PROVIDED’ , it means you don’t walk down the ramp that all the cars are coming up and you should use the stairwell that sits half a meter from the ramp. 😡

On 8/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, Kirk said:

Dugs are great but don't really want big slevery ones near me in pubs and that. 

for me neither,dugs,anywhere any time,spent years cleaning the sh*t  off of my kids shoes from playparks,and defending them from " oh they are just being friendly" dugs off their leads.

the default for people out and about with their dugs should be 100% the next person they meet does not like dugs,keep it on a lead ,a short not one of  those 10 metre things that everyone trips over,if the other person likes dugs they will clap them,if not everyone passes each other and carrys on.

school-playing field on my road with huge signs saying no exercising of dogs and one saying no golf practice allowed ,I have to say the golfers are adhering to the notices but the dogs are still shi**ing on the kids playing fields every single day

bit of a rant,no doubt the responsible dog owners will be back at me but I know responsible people who let off fireworks

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

for me neither,dugs,anywhere any time,spent years cleaning the sh*t  off of my kids shoes from playparks,and defending them from " oh they are just being friendly" dugs off their leads.

the default for people out and about with their dugs should be 100% the next person they meet does not like dugs,keep it on a lead ,a short not one of  those 10 metre things that everyone trips over,if the other person likes dugs they will clap them,if not everyone passes each other and carrys on.

school-playing field on my road with huge signs saying no exercising of dogs and one saying no golf practice allowed ,I have to say the golfers are adhering to the notices but the dogs are still shi**ing on the kids playing fields every single day

bit of a rant,no doubt the responsible dog owners will be back at me but I know responsible people who let off fireworks

Idiots who don't train their dogs properly. Dogs should walk to 'heel', right beside their master. 

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

As a dog owner of 7.5 years and sadly just lost her I completely agree with what you've said. Our girl was a Husky therefore didn't get off lead. I did have a 10m lead (sorry) but knew when to let her out and when to pull her in. Never let her go up to folk we didn't know for the reasons you've stated above. And have had to fight off  other off lead dogs trying to have a go at her (although she could more than handle herself) I used to go nuts at folk that let their "friendly" dogs run up to us which then turned out to be not so friendly 🙈 they also have no idea how my dog was going to react. You're right dog walkers are cunts 😂😂

As you say it's all about responsibility and being considerate for others. I always picked up her shite too haha.

People who just abruptly stop walking in a busy city centre street and block the pathway when you're behind them, not even a wee look to see if there's anybody there, "aye nae bother pal, I'll just walk on the road".

People who don't know how to spell the word 'lose', always 'loose'. Does my head in.

I'm perfect obviously 😂

• 3 weeks later...

After sticking up for Scotrail for so long yesterday was a bit of a disaster. The card payment system was down throughout Scotland in the morning so they could only take cash at stations so massive queue to pay for tickets in Glasgow, was 20 mins late for work. These things happen so let it go.

Then, after work was on the train going home . Train stops at Johnstone and about 30 people waiting to get out the carriage i was in. Train door wont open. When it becomes clear there is a fault I charge through to the next carriage with 2 bags of shopping and a heavy handbag, 30 other passengers following me. The doors have just closed and I bang the ‘open door’ button but the train slowly pulls away. Sigh.

Not to worry I think, the train will stop at Milliken park which is only a couple of miles away. I can get my husband to pick me up.

Another passenger then says the next stop on this particular train is bloody Kilwinning 
 however a member of Scotrail appears and says he will  tell the driver , so off he goes to the driver’s box. We are all confident it will stop at one of the many stations enroute to Kilwinning.

Nope , we continue to charge down the line to Kilwinning . Just as we are pulling into Kilwinning a passenger says there is a train back to Johnstone due In Kilwinning in a minutes time. It arrives on one of the other platforms as we all pile off the train. Great I think, the driver will have reported the issue on our train and ask the other train to wait till all the passengers get over the bridge to get back to Johnstone. 
So we all pile off the train , clambering up the stairs and over the bridge, me with my 2 bags of shopping and heavy handbag. Everyone is running fast , its a fairly long bridge and there are a few platforms At Kilwinning.
Then , just as we get to the door of the train it fookin pulls away ! 😡

We had to then wait for the next train, which, of course, stopped at every bloody station back to Johnstone.

My frozen chips were defrosted 😥

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

After sticking up for Scotrail for so long yesterday was a bit of a disaster. The card payment system was down throughout Scotland in the morning so they could only take cash at stations so massive queue to pay for tickets in Glasgow, was 20 mins late for work. These things happen so let it go.

Then, after work was on the train going home . Train stops at Johnstone and about 30 people waiting to get out the carriage i was in. Train door wont open. When it becomes clear there is a fault I charge through to the next carriage with 2 bags of shopping and a heavy handbag, 30 other passengers following me. The doors have just closed and I bang the ‘open door’ button but the train slowly pulls away. Sigh.

Not to worry I think, the train will stop at Milliken park which is only a couple of miles away. I can get my husband to pick me up.

Another passenger then says the next stop on this particular train is bloody Kilwinning 
 however a member of Scotrail appears and says he will  tell the driver , so off he goes to the driver’s box. We are all confident it will stop at one of the many stations enroute to Kilwinning.

Nope , we continue to charge down the line to Kilwinning . Just as we are pulling into Kilwinning a passenger says there is a train back to Johnstone due In Kilwinning in a minutes time. It arrives on one of the other platforms as we all pile off the train. Great I think, the driver will have reported the issue on our train and ask the other train to wait till all the passengers get over the bridge to get back to Johnstone. 
So we all pile off the train , clambering up the stairs and over the bridge, me with my 2 bags of shopping and heavy handbag. Everyone is running fast , its a fairly long bridge and there are a few platforms At Kilwinning.

We had to then wait for the next train, which, of course, stopped at every bloody station back to Johnstone.

This is why we are not allowed guns ...

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is why we are not allowed guns ...

What do you think was in the "heavy handbag"? It's obviously a clue as to how the story ends in the concluding episode, as it gets mentioned at least 3 times. I just hope that the final episode doesn't get moved to a pay to view channel. 

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What do you think was in the "heavy handbag"? It's obviously a clue as to how the story ends in the concluding episode, as it gets mentioned at least 3 times. I just hope that the final episode doesn't get moved to a pay to view channel. 

😄

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

😂😂

Maybe Phart could conclude it with his AI app.

Spoiler I dont hold out much hope for the train driver. 

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Woman ungrateful after bonus ScotRail sunny Ayrshire trip! 

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

For this and many other reasons, driving is by far my preferred way to travel.  For travel to England I will often get the train but the quality of the train network here compared to Europe is pitiful.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

For this and many other reasons, driving is by far my preferred way to travel.  For travel to England I will often get the train but the quality of the train network here compared to Europe is pitiful.

Tbh I rarely have issues , this was just a wee jokey rant,  it was unfortunate that there were 2 issues on the same day. I got over it…..

You would be mad to drive from where i live to the city centre each day.I have been using the train for 25 years and wouldn’t consider driving. I used to have to drive to the East End about 20 odd years ago and the roads were horrific even then from where I live.