General ranting not politics related - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General ranting not politics related

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Over bright car headlights. Been nearly blinded a couple of times driving to work in the morning. The white ones are worst, yellow ones not so bad. Is there some sort of law on this?

There was a discussion about this on Radio Scotland yesterday or the day before.Ā  I think the main problem is that LED lights are a lot brighter although I understand that some cars have a system that switches off some of the diodes when a car approaches in the opposite direction to create a narrower more focussed beam that doesn't dazzle the oncoming driver.Ā  I imagine that's maybe only on more expensive models though.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Ā I imagine that's maybe only on more expensive models though.

Indeed

I have been looking at nearly new A class mercs and as far as i can see it's only the premium plus models that have that which i can't fathom

Should be mandatory

As someone who is on the road for 12-14 hours Monday to Friday the mega bright lights are a nightmare. Especially when driving up the west coast, totally lose sight of the road at points which isn't ideal. I'm all for decent lights on vehicles but some are just ridiculousĀ 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:42 PM, Hertsscot said:

Over bright car headlights. Been nearly blinded a couple of times driving to work in the morning. The white ones are worst, yellow ones not so bad. Is there some sort of law on this?

I brought this up a couple of years ago on here. I really struggle with oncoming headlights, it probably doesnā€™t help that the country road i have to travel on is bendy and busy and has no street lights on a fair part of it.Ā 
The other night I honestly thought the driver had full beam on the headlights were so bright. Part will be to do with me getting older but I really feel they are too bright.Ā 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I brought this up a couple of years ago on here. I really struggle with oncoming headlights, it probably doesnā€™t help that the country road i have to travel on is bendy and busy and has no street lights on a fair part of it.Ā 
The other night I honestly thought the driver had full beam on the headlights were so bright. Part will be to do with me getting older but I really feel they are too bright.Ā 

Sometimes they probably do have full beam on, but it's harder to tell the difference these days. It wouldn't surprise me if some drivers don't know where the dip switch is, and just drive on full beam all the time.Ā 

It might be hard to believe, but some folk don't even know that they have a rear view mirror adjustment switch.Ā šŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Sometimes they probably do have full beam on, but it's harder to tell the difference these days. It wouldn't surprise me if some drivers don't know where the dip switch is, and just drive on full beam all the time.Ā 

It might be hard to believe, but some folk don't even know that they have a rear view mirror adjustment switch.Ā šŸ˜‰

šŸ˜‚

If only headlights were as dim as some of the drivers šŸ˜