Season 22/23 - Page 104 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs easily the better team, Kevin Nisbet should be nowhere near penalties 

A penalty nobody claimed for, couldn’t see where the players hands were but didn’t seem to be an obvious hand ball, wish the guy on var was at ibrox last week 🤯

The play offs are fantastic. We should bring them in for European places in the Premiership as well. What an innovation that would be and what an incentive to all the clubs in the top 6!!

I see Cliftonhill is sold out for the wee Rovers battle for survival against Spartans. Brilliant stuff! It’s nicely poised at 1-1 but I hope they pull it off 👍

9 hours ago, slasher said:

The play offs are fantastic. We should bring them in for European places in the Premiership as well. What an innovation that would be and what an incentive to all the clubs in the top 6!!

I see Cliftonhill is sold out for the wee Rovers battle for survival against Spartans. Brilliant stuff! It’s nicely poised at 1-1 but I hope they pull it off 👍

Naw, phukk em...if you finish bottom you should get relegated.

Play offs are great, fantastic entertainment and brings out the crowds 

however they should be fairer,  and the same in every league.

Bottom goes down, second bottom plays play offs with 2nd,3rd+4th in lower league. ( League 1+league 2style)

Bottom should always mean relegation.

Rovers to be relegated.

'mon The Spartans ( no idea where they play 🤔)

2 hours ago, stocky said:

Bottom goes down, second bottom plays play offs with 2nd,3rd+4th in lower league. ( League 1+league 2style)

Rovers to be relegated.

There is a big difference between between being relegated to a lower league and losing senior league status altogether. A play off is perfectly fair in those circumstances imo.

Spartans are from Embra btw, even more reason to dislike them! 🤣

’Mon the wee Rovers! 👍

7 hours ago, stocky said:

Rovers to be relegated.

Agree except for 3rd and 4th in lower league.  The team in 3rd could finish miles ahead of 4th and then find themselves ravaged by injuries and getting turned over by a side they've been well ahead of all season.  Doesn't seem fair to me.

Also a lot of hoops at the moment for teams from the Highland and Lowland leagues to have to jump through to get promoted.

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Nah, not for me, you win the league, you get CL, the rest are distributed accordingly. 

Teams could finish 20 points behind and then end up rewarded. 

11 hours ago, dan cake said:

Notts county played Boreham Wood in the National League playoff semi final they finished 35 points ahead of them in the regular season, no sure how fair that is

I think it's fair. Every team knows the rules before the season starts and they have to battle it out for 1st place in that league. 

The playoffs provide excitement and therefore revenue which the clubs all benefit from too.

Advantage Airdrie in the Lanarkshire derby last night. I’m going to try and get along to Hamilton for the 2nd leg on Saturday night. I have a funny feeling that the Accies might just turn it around, maybe after extra time.

Going to the Clyde v Annan playoff final tonight, I fear the worst, just couldn't bear another season down in the basement, hopefully a big noisy home support (however I doubt that).

For a team that could regularly fill 5 buses every week (Castlemilk / Rutherglen and other south side areas) we are only filling one bus tonight.

I don't think a major club like Clyde (where) in Scotland, has had such a decline in the last 40 odd years as we have had. maybe when we move back home in a couple of years and have our own stadium and can generate proper income for ourselves we can gain some improvements both on & off field.

Anyway good luck tonight lads - Come On The Fuckn Bully Wee !!!!!!

4 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Going to the Clyde v Annan playoff final tonight, I fear the worst, just couldn't bear another season down in the basement, hopefully a big noisy home support (however I doubt that).

For a team that could regularly fill 5 buses every week (Castlemilk / Rutherglen and other south side areas) we are only filling one bus tonight.

I don't think a major club like Clyde (where) in Scotland, has had such a decline in the last 40 odd years as we have had. maybe when we move back home in a couple of years and have our own stadium and can generate proper income for ourselves we can gain some improvements both on & off field.

Anyway good luck tonight lads - Come On The Fuckn Bully Wee !!!!!!

Not looking good at 1-3 down but best of luck tonight m8, hope they pull it out the bag! 

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Not looking good at 1-3 down but best of luck tonight m8, hope they pull it out the bag! 

Cheers Slasher........fingers crossed (even though our 3 best player are missing tonight) an early goal then who knows.👍

On 5/18/2023 at 8:41 AM, slasher said:

Advantage Airdrie in the Lanarkshire derby last night. I’m going to try and get along to Hamilton for the 2nd leg on Saturday night. I have a funny feeling that the Accies might just turn it around, maybe after extra time.

Accies are dire and have been struggling to score goals for months - They needed Alloa to be reduced to 10 men last week

I would not be putting any money on it

They are also shitebag bottlers - and the club has been doing their best to alienate what fans they have left

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Accies are dire and have been struggling to score goals for months - They needed Alloa to be reduced to 10 men last week

I would not be putting any money on it

They are also shitebag bottlers - and the club has been doing their best to alienate what fans they have left

Aye I kinda picked up on the fans not being happy. There really wasn’t much in the first leg though. First goal will be massive tomorrow and I still think if Hamilton get it they could turn it round 👍

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ayr needing a miracle at Somerset next week after that showing tonight.

Strange thing is, we (Thistle) weren't that good tonight. 

Even then, we could/should have had another few goals (Graham x 2, Fitzpatrick x 2, Turner). That said, using the same metric, Ayr could/should have had three of their own (McGuire early on, Dempsey and Smith at the end).

We're in an excellent position but have to start better next Friday.