Season 22/23 - Page 105 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen without Duk today and Richardson is playing - I will bite your hand off for a 0-0 right now. Richardson is the worst right back I have ever seen play at pittodrie. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen without Duk today and Richardson is playing - I will bite your hand off for a 0-0 right now. Richardson is the worst right back I have ever seen play at pittodrie. 

Richard. Foster. 

9 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aberdeen have been woeful second half but these hearts players don't half like lying down on the grass at the slightest of contact.

Clancy isn;t doing his job today. He was happy to book Miovski and Ramdani for minor fouls yet hearts players went unpunished for worse challenges.

This really shows how close Hearts and Aberdeen are. 2-2 in wins. Neither taking points away from home

Aberdeen have been woeful the last two matches, both matches show the lack of depth. We miss Duk, Mcrorie and Shinnie IMO. Richardson and Morris on the right is beyond bad. Thats why I can't believe Aberdeen are still in the driving seat for 3rd.

33 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Shame to see Albion Rovers leave the league. 

Only for their supporters, 4 clubs from the capital in the league setup never thought I’d see that. Spartans very much a community club in a not very affluent part of Edinburgh, well done to all involved 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:00 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Accies are dire and have been struggling to score goals for months - They needed Alloa to be reduced to 10 men last week

I would not be putting any money on it

They are also shitebag bottlers - and the club has been doing their best to alienate what fans they have left

Didn't need to be Nostradamus

They deserve to go down

12 hours ago, exile said:

So if I am counting right, if The Spartans go up, Edinburgh will have 4 SPFL clubs? actually within the city... catching up on Glasgow then?

Given where QPFC are currently playing it's more than Glasgow. 

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Given where QPFC are currently playing it's more than Glasgow. 

Good point, though was still thinking of them as a Glasgow clube.

I was just checking about Clyde as a 'Glasgow' club and how Shawfield was originally part in Glasgow and part Lanarkshire, then was all Glasgow then latterly all South Lanarkshire.

I guess others will know better what the likely future is to be, if/when Glasgow will get back to 5 'league' clubs...

14 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Unbelievable finish in the SWPL as Glasgow City score in injury time at Ibrox to snatch the title from Celtic. 

I suspect the women's game will eventually end up the same as the men's because the OF have money to throw at their game.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I suspect the women's game will eventually end up the same as the men's because the OF have money to throw at their game.

More than likely. 16,000 fans at Celtic Park today, some turnout!

Glasgow City could be the Queen's Park of the women's game. Still, impressive to see them still able to hold their own. 

12 minutes ago, dan cake said:

David Marshall done Steve Clarke a favour and retired before he had to drop him hopefully he’ll do Lee Johnson one as well, he’s been awful for Hibs

I've only seen the goals from yesterday's game and I'd say he was at fault for 2 out of the 3!

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've only seen the goals from yesterday's game and I'd say he was at fault for 2 out of the 3!

Hes still got another year on his contract unfortunately, hopefully he does the honourable thing the retires 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:37 PM, Toepoke said:

Ayr needing a miracle at Somerset next week after that showing tonight.

I watched that first leg and to be honest, the thing that struck me most was how poor the standard was.

I think whoever finishes second bottom of the Premiership will comfortably take care of either of these two. Which is a shame really as I like both venues as away days.