Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 94 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Still no game time for Patterson.  Unless this changes, o donnell will start against Ukraine.

Yeah I reckon so,RB seems to have gone from looking good to unsure again, Not seen him play but did see that Glass said transfer rumours had affected Ramseys performances, Ralston has mostly been on the bench also after the winter break apparently was awful in the 1 league game he played since. Did play the Cup game also. Cannot see Clarke chucking in a new cap there, West Ham did not let Ashby go on loan to Hull at the end of the market which would have been good for him to be playing week in week out in the champ. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Yeah I reckon so,RB seems to have gone from looking good to unsure again, Not seen him play but did see that Glass said transfer rumours had affected Ramseys performances, Ralston has mostly been on the bench also after the winter break apparently was awful in the 1 league game he played since. Did play the Cup game also. Cannot see Clarke chucking in a new cap there, West Ham did not let Ashby go on loan to Hull at the end of the market which would have been good for him to be playing week in week out in the champ. 

agreed, very unlikely a new cap in the playoff game.  It will be SoD, with Patterson on the bench.  We can forget about Ralston unless he gets back in to Celtic line up and form improves - I was never convinced.  The others such as Ramsey are only prospects at this stage.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

agreed, very unlikely a new cap in the playoff game.  It will be SoD, with Patterson on the bench.  We can forget about Ralston unless he gets back in to Celtic line up and form improves - I was never convinced.  The others such as Ramsey are only prospects at this stage.

I really feel for Ralston because he's competing against the Croatian international right back. It's no shame in being behind Juranovic. But it doesn't exactly help his Scotland chances. Will Patterson even be picked if he's not played a single game for Everton as well? Marshall was dropped for the same thing. 

O'Donnell is far from finished. So it's not a disaster, but hopefully those relatively new options become regulars sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Still no game time for Patterson.  Unless this changes, o donnell will start against Ukraine.

Two tough Everton games coming up in the next week. Seamus Coleman played the full 90 mins yesterday with Nathan Patterson on the bench.  Depending on how those games progress, I have a hunch Patterson will see some minutes on the pitch in one of those games. (Fingers crossed.)

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Ryan jack starts and bossing the midfield.

Great news. I was worried we were going into the Ukraine game without McGregor because of his cheekbone. Now it looks like he is back with plenty of time to spare, and we also have the bonus of Ryan Jack (hopefully) being propelled into the Rangers team permanently.

He's the one that will have benefitted the most from Rangers first half embarrassment. It will have sped up his transition back into the first 11.

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Great news. I was worried we were going into the Ukraine game without McGregor because of his cheekbone. Now it looks like he is back with plenty of time to spare, and we also have the bonus of Ryan Jack (hopefully) being propelled into the Rangers team permanently.

He's the one that will have benefitted the most from Rangers first half embarrassment. It will have sped up his transition back into the first 11.

yeah, a real conundrum for Clarke. Mcginn is nailed on for the advanced role but two or maybe three from four in the other slots.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Out of interest is the only player out of the Ukraine game at the moment Liam Cooper? It seems like everyone else is fit and mostly playing apart from Paterson

Jack being back massive positive for us 

25 minutes ago, borojock said:

Out of interest is the only player out of the Ukraine game at the moment Liam Cooper? It seems like everyone else is fit and mostly playing apart from Paterson

Good question. I wasn't aware Cooper was definitely out though. I thought he had an outside chance of making it. Cooper is a fantastic deputy, but if Hanley is fit, we won't necessarily need him anyway. Especially if Hendry, Souttar and McKenna are all doing well. 

Turnbull is injured. I didn't think it was anything serious but he's been gone a while now.

53 minutes ago, borojock said:

O'Donnell and Nisbet are both having rotten  seasons and Armstrong has hardly kicked a ball.