Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 92 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think Lowry will be in the full squad within 2 years. He has amazing ability on the ball. 

He will have to do pretty well to get in our squad in the next two years. Our midfield options are very good these days and some decent players don't make the squad. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

He will have to do pretty well to get in our squad in the next two years. Our midfield options are very good these days and some decent players don't make the squad. 

I think he will. I don’t think he will ever have been referred to as “decent”. He is magical on the ball and provided he retains his ability after filling out, it’s hard to imagine him not being in the squad. He is now undoubtedly a Rangers first team player, even though physically he has a way to go. I think that says something about his talent. 

If you trawl through these pages you’ll see I predicted him as being the next big thing a couple of years ago, and I certainly stand by it. 

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think he will. I don’t think he will ever have been referred to as “decent”. He is magical on the ball and provided he retains his ability after filling out, it’s hard to imagine him not being in the squad. He is now undoubtedly a Rangers first team player, even though physically he has a way to go. I think that says something about his talent. 

If you trawl through these pages you’ll see I predicted him as being the next big thing a couple of years ago, and I certainly stand by it. 

Lol steady on, hes only played a couple of times for Rangers first team. Is this guy an attacking midfielder or more a deep lying midfielder? Either way he has quite a bit of competition for those places. For example we have a midfielder playing serie a who probably won't get in our next squad. Even ryan Jack will struggle to get back in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Better than Barrie McKay then?

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Lol steady on, hes only played a couple of times for Rangers first team. Is this guy an attacking midfielder or more a deep lying midfielder? Either way he has quite a bit of competition for those places. For example we have a midfielder playing serie a who probably won't get in our next squad. Even ryan Jack will struggle to get back in the squad. 

Liam Henderson is a million miles away from a call up. 

There are dozens of mediocre players in the top leagues, playing in one doesn't automatically make you a good player.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He plays as a number 10, currently. 

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Liam Henderson is a million miles away from a call up. 

There are dozens of mediocre players in the top leagues, playing in one doesn't automatically make you a good player.

Yes I agree but Lowry has only played a couple of times for Rangers. Getting in the senior squad in the next 2 years will only happen if hes playing well every week for the rangers first team. I ain't ruling it out but its going to be tough for him to get in the squad given the options we have in midfield these days. 

Also liam Henderson is not a million miles away from a call up. We get a couple of injuries to our midfielders and he would easily be in contention for a call up. 

20 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He plays as a number 10, currently. 

So hes an attacking midfielder/playmaker. I hope he does well the rest of this season and gets more games for Rangers. I still think its going to be tough to get in the squad over the next couple of years. Hes going to need to play very well in the games he gets to push ahead of gauld or Turnbull. If he's playing as a second striker he could still find himself competing against our forward players for a place n the squad. That means outperforming Adams, fraser, dykes, Christie, Stewart,nisbet,burke.

Edited by mccaughey85

22 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

So hes an attacking midfielder/playmaker. I hope he does well the rest of this season and gets more games for Rangers. I still think its going to be tough to get in the squad over the next couple of years. Hes going to need to play very well in the games he gets to push ahead of gauld or Turnbull. If he's playing as a second striker he could still find himself competing against our forward players for a place n the squad. That means outperforming Adams, fraser, dykes, Christie, Stewart,nisbet,burke.

Bookmark!

Thats the thing that impressed me most about Lowry last night (from highlights) and friday nights cup game. He has an end product which is rare for a young player. He also didnt just take the easy pass. There was a situation last night when he was down by the corner, turned back and Taviner was free to just roll the ball to but he held onto it for a couple of seconds and slipped a lovely pass into Itten. 

I was pleasently surprised that he started last night but my fear is that Rangers go out and buy / loan somebody to replace Hagi and or his game time is limited by the return of Aribo. 

Given games it looks like he has abit about him but still very early days.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Outperforming Nisbet isn’t hard at the moment anyway! 

Just now, Tartan blood said:

16 year old Ben Doak getting about half an hour for Celtic today on his debut. He looks rapid, skillful and full of confidence. Apparently Liverpool are sniffing around. 

Hard to tell with only 30 mins but he certainly looks fast. Didnt really make an impact today but wasnt bad. Hopefully gets some more game time soon. 

12 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

16 year old Ben Doak getting about half an hour for Celtic today on his debut. He looks rapid, skillful and full of confidence. Apparently Liverpool are sniffing around. 

He is getting great reviews from what I have been reading. He is built like a young Wayne Rooney only quicker. Reads the play well and is not afraid to take folk on. Saying he is defo one to watch, and yes, Liverpool and couple other EPL clubs sniffing about...

19 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Hard to tell with only 30 mins but he certainly looks fast. Didnt really make an impact today but wasnt bad. Hopefully gets some more game time soon. 

With the amount of men Celtic are stockpiling at the moment, it's a wonder he's getting any game time at all. Ange must rate him highly.

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He is getting great reviews from what I have been reading. He is built like a young Wayne Rooney only quicker. Reads the play well and is not afraid to take folk on. Saying he is defo one to watch, and yes, Liverpool and couple other EPL clubs sniffing about...

He could be the next Shaun Maloney or the next Jack Aitchison. Impossible to say so early on, but yet another young promising Scot to add to the ever growing pile!