Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 200 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

On 11/10/2022 at 7:52 AM, vanderark14 said:

It's not just about goals scored. It's about attitude and personality too.

He turns up all the time and seems to be good around the squad. Key thing he is scoring goals at a good level just now.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

More of a goalscorer than McBurnie and much more talent too and still young. All that McBurnie isn't.

He is 16 and has barley played a full team game. Let's hope he turns out to be as good as hoped, but for now he needs to play at club level regularly

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

He is 16 and has barley played a full team game. Let's hope he turns out to be as good as hoped, but for now he needs to play at club level regularly

It did not stop Darren Fletcher did it? He'd perhaps played the same amount of first team games as Doak and he went on to win over 80 caps. Age and experience should not be the decisive factor when you have the undoubted talent that the likes of Fletcher and Doak have.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Che Adams scores for Southampton to equalize against Liverpool. Liverpool's goal coming from a Robertson assist.

And according to that numbnut Paul Merson, Che 'Evans' nearly scored again just now!  Called him that twice too just to confirm his stupidity

57 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

was leon king injured today?

Got taken off after being taken out by Curtis Main. GVB has apparently said he's ok. I worry about King, suffering from the general mess around Gers at present. He's been a highly rated prospect for a few years and has always looked solid playing for Scotland at whatever level but has made mistakes and seems to get a fair bit of stick from the keyboard warriors in Follow Follow.

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Got taken off after being taken out by Curtis Main. GVB has apparently said he's ok. I worry about King, suffering from the general mess around Gers at present. He's been a highly rated prospect for a few years and has always looked solid playing for Scotland at whatever level but has made mistakes and seems to get a fair bit of stick from the keyboard warriors in Follow Follow.

a lot of responsibility for a 18 year old, heres hoping he has the mentality to take it in his stride 

13 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It did not stop Darren Fletcher did it? He'd perhaps played the same amount of first team games as Doak and he went on to win over 80 caps. Age and experience should not be the decisive factor when you have the undoubted talent that the likes of Fletcher and Doak have.

He had played more im pretty sure, and was slightly older. Steve clarke isnt going to throw in an untested 16 year old, not going to happen.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

was leon king injured today?

All the rangers fans I know say he has been absolutely terrible since been given a run in the team, and I'm talking season ticket holders that see him properly.

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

All the rangers fans I know say he has been absolutely terrible since been given a run in the team, and I'm talking season ticket holders that see him properly.

'Since being given a run in the team' is one way of putting it. 'Being chucked in at the deep end in a team that is struggling and hasn't got any other fit centre halves and has two full backs who can't defend with no decent midfield to protect him' is another way of putting it. I'm not writing him off just yet but it's worrying that a bright young prospect looks out of his depth. As I say I think there's mitigating factors and I hope the torrid experience of playing in this Rangers team hasn't harmed his progress.

Edited by Hertsscot

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

'Since being given a run in the team' is one way of putting it. 'Being chucked in at the deep end in a team that is struggling and hasn't got any other fit centre halves and has two full backs who can't defend with no decent midfield to protect him' is another way of putting it. I'm not writing him off just yet but it's worrying that a bright young prospect looks out of his depth. As I say I think there's mitigating factors and I hope the torrid experience of playing in this Rangers team hasn't harmed his progress.

Hes been highly rated by many, so he should be good enough to play and defend well. "being chucked in" is getting given a chance you won't always get in a club like rangers, have to take it.