Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 343 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

On 1/16/2024 at 11:55 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Tommy Conway with the opener against West Ham. Opportunist goal anticipating the back pass...

As an aside from the is he / isn't he Scottish debate, nice to see Ross McCrorie eventually playing his first game for City. Played right wing back for over an hour.

Not sure whether he can make a late push for the EURO squad but he is definitely in the "true Scot" category. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

As an aside from the is he / isn't he Scottish debate, nice to see Ross McCrorie eventually playing his first game for City. Played right wing back for over an hour.

Not sure whether he can make a late push for the EURO squad but he is definitely in the "true Scot" category. 

Slim to no chance for Ross McCrorie I would say. The right wing-back slots will go to Aaron Hickey and Nathan Patterson barring injuries. And if there are injuries the fall back option in recent times has been Anthony Ralstan.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Don't know if it was mentioned in all the back and forth, but 90 minutes for both Tierney and Patterson last night.

Tierney in a 2-0 away win over Osasuna in the Copa del Rey and Patterson in a 1-0 home win against Palace in the FA Cup.

19 hours ago, duncan II said:

Just thought I'd stick my oar in and agree with the poster who said you are a silly boy. There was nothing inappropriate in what he said. This virtue signalling (as practised by young weirdos) is a pain in the arse. And that is indeed what you were doing. So stop it, silly boy.

I wouldn't waste your time buddy. He's not worth the hassle. 

19 hours ago, Marky said:

Don't know if it was mentioned in all the back and forth, but 90 minutes for both Tierney and Patterson last night.

Tierney in a 2-0 away win over Osasuna in the Copa del Rey and Patterson in a 1-0 home win against Palace in the FA Cup.

Why are people saying it hasn't worked out for Tierney? Is he playing badly or just because he was injured?

15 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Why are people saying it hasn't worked out for Tierney? Is he playing badly or just because he was injured?

He's pretty much started every game for La Real since he's been there. Was just out for two months from October-winter break so no different to his Arsenal days until they signed Zinchenko.

Will be starting for them home and away v PSG fitness permitting. They are comfortably top 6, last 16 of CL (coming through a very tricky group so they'll give PSG a decent game) and progressing in Copa Del Rey so plenty for him to play for out there.

9 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

He's pretty much started every game for La Real since he's been there. Was just out for two months from October-winter break so no different to his Arsenal days until they signed Zinchenko.

Will be starting for them home and away v PSG fitness permitting. They are comfortably top 6, last 16 of CL (coming through a very tricky group so they'll give PSG a decent game) and progressing in Copa Del Rey so plenty for him to play for out there.

So it's injuries not performances. The Daily Record made it sound like he'd been poor.

7 minutes ago, stocky said:

Adams just scored from an Armstromg Assist 

Ryan Fraser on Fire .....

I really hope Southampton get promoted. Not just because they have a few Scottish players, but also because their manager is Scottish and seems keen to utilise Scottish talent. It wouldn't surprise me if Martin signed more Scots.

You'd think Scottish managers would have a biased desire to sign Scots, but it so rarely seems to be the case. Moyes never really seems interested in buying Scots. The one he did buy, McFadden, was used sparingly.

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

Adams just scored from an Armstromg Assist 

Ryan Fraser on Fire .....

I’d like to see Fraser in the Euros squad. Gives us something different if Plan A not working. 
Another assist for Armstrong

Edited by GHfaeGTA

On 1/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, Burj_Alba said:

I think McCrorie’s best chance would be the right sided centre back in a three. I don’t think it will happen for the Euros, but maybe in the seasons ahead. 

2 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

I’d like to see Fraser in the Euros squad. Gives us something different if Plan A not working. 
Another assist for Armstrong

Yes. He's the nearest to a winger we have. Hope the falling out with Clarke is not held against him.

4 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I really hope Southampton get promoted. Not just because they have a few Scottish players, but also because their manager is Scottish and seems keen to utilise Scottish talent. It wouldn't surprise me if Martin signed more Scots.

You'd think Scottish managers would have a biased desire to sign Scots, but it so rarely seems to be the case. Moyes never really seems interested in buying Scots. The one he did buy, McFadden, was used sparingly.

He also has no time for Rishi Sunak, so that's also a bonus 👍

5 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

There’s no chance Dykes genuinely played centre midfield. He maybe dropped back a little. 

Dykes played left midfield a few weeks ago against Bournemouth. They have the young Irish striker Armstrong who is like a 200 metre runner and skillful. They both complemented each other quite well. Still think QPR will go down as their defence is awful. Fans were lamenting the retirement of Lee Wallace, shows how bad it is. 

7 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

There’s no chance Dykes genuinely played centre midfield. He maybe dropped back a little. 

Unless he could be used as a true defensive midfielder in partnership with Gilmour or McGregor, then it isn't of much benefit to us. BBC had him playing a bit deeper.