Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 302 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie Ure 3 goals and 1 assist in his first 4 games for Anderlecht B team. Play in the Belgian 1st division, 1 league down from their top flight so a good level to get some experience.

Goal is on Scotsabroad pod, cracking round the goalie finish.

Surely see him in the next under 21 squad. 

58 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Robbie Ure 3 goals and 1 assist in his first 4 games for Anderlecht B team. Play in the Belgian 1st division, 1 league down from their top flight so a good level to get some experience.

Goal is on Scotsabroad pod, cracking round the goalie finish.

Surely see him in the next under 21 squad. 

Whatever happened to Fraser Hornby?

I remember 3-4 years ago there was desperation at CF and so people were pining their hopes on him due to scoring loads for Everton under 20s. Then he moved to Belgium and I think France and heard little since.

Also reminds me of that guy at Malaga who was also a forward, Jack something?

Those guys were the hopes of the late 2010s along with Ollie Burke for the forward positions.

26 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Whatever happened to Fraser Hornby?

I remember 3-4 years ago there was desperation at CF and so people were pining their hopes on him due to scoring loads for Everton under 20s. Then he moved to Belgium and I think France and heard little since.

Also reminds me of that guy at Malaga who was also a forward, Jack something?

Those guys were the hopes of the late 2010s along with Ollie Burke for the forward positions.

You are right, and Hornby then signed with Darmstadt who got promoted to Bundesliga. Has started first few games but been injured and on bench since. Dont think he is good enough for Scotland senior squad  

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hickey out is a huge blow. Thank god we’ve qualified indeed.

Always liked Ralston, he will be a fine backup to Patterson. 

Aslong as nothing mental like O’Donnell being called up happens!

The wild card option would be Livramento. Do you want to be playing for England u21 or do you actually want to commit to Scotland and play in the Euros? Maybe he doesn't want to, that's his choice but with Patterson now seemingly 3rd choice at Everton he's probably the RB who's eligible for us who's playing at the highest level. Tierney's always going to be injury prone, Robbo according to Liverpool fans is not the player of a few years back so Hickey might be our regular left back in a few years time. It makes sense to ask the question of Livramento now. 

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

The wild card option would be Livramento. Do you want to be playing for England u21 or do you actually want to commit to Scotland and play in the Euros? Maybe he doesn't want to, that's his choice but with Patterson now seemingly 3rd choice at Everton he's probably the RB who's eligible for us who's playing at the highest level. Tierney's always going to be injury prone, Robbo according to Liverpool fans is not the player of a few years back so Hickey might be our regular left back in a few years time. It makes sense to ask the question of Livramento now. 

I'm sure Clarke has or will again ask but even though Livramento would be a brilliant player to have I can't see it happening sadly..

It is a worry Patterson potentially being knocked down to third choice if Coleman is fit. 

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

3 Scots in the Rangers 20 man squad today & only Ryan Jack starting. Standard stuff. They are barely a Scottish club nowadays. 

Celtic aren't much better so this is not really worth mentioning again. In fact someone should do a regular count up of Scots starting in the SPL each weekend. Probably average is no more than 3 per club. Including the bench its maybe 6 which is a very poor stat for a league .

Another question of the 3 potential Scots starting for clubs out with the old firm how many currently would be good enough to step up to Rangers or Celtic & genuinely improve their teams my guess is probably none. 

19 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Ross Stewart fit will be a boost for us. I rate him. 

Me too . Probably my highlights of what's been a pretty quiet weekend for Scots players are Stewart being fit & even more so Doak being fit enough to get directly back on the first team bench without having to play any reserve team football helps confirm how highly he is rated by Liverpool I reckon. 

Edited by theabsentee

19 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Celtic aren't much better so this is not really worth mentioning again. In fact someone should do a regular count up of Scots starting in the SPL each weekend. Probably average is no more than 3 per club. Including the bench its maybe 6 which is a very poor stat for a league .

Another question of the 3 potential Scots starting for clubs out with the old firm how many currently would be good enough to step up to Rangers or Celtic & genuinely improve their teams my guess is probably none. 

Yeah it’s grim throughout the league. 

Hearts had 3 Scots starting v Rangers. Aberdeen had 4 Scots starting yesterday. You’d say probably only Shankland out of those 7 Scots would get in the Rangers squad.

Big shame there’s no quota required, be some boost to the national team if every club had to start 5-6 Scottish players 

44 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Ross Stewart fit will be a boost for us. I rate him. 

With Ross Stewart now on the verge of first team action, I'm fascinated to see how the four boys at Southampton interact over the rest of the season and if that might benefit Scotland going into the Euros.

Will we see a bucket load of Fraser assists for Stewart?

Will we see Armstrong banging them in now he's on free-kicks?

Will we see Adams and Stewart play together?

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

I'm sure Clarke has or will again ask but even though Livramento would be a brilliant player to have I can't see it happening sadly..

The reason it won't happen is simple. There is a report out there on the internet where the actual argument is whether he plays for Portugal which his dad wants or England. When Scotland was brought up by reporter it was dismissed.

29 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Of course the hope is there that Livramento, Anderson and Barnes will get excited of the thought of playing in the Euros and jump at the chance and opt for Scotland on those grounds alone realising first choices aren't going to come calling anytime soon.

Livramento is a quality player, will he break into the full England Squad? With Trent Alexander, K.Trippier, K.Walker, R.James pretty much nailed on for the next few years! With a Scottish Mum, I’m hoping Clarke has him on his Radar