Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 252 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On his selection decision, Dyche said: ā€œJust Benā€™s experience, playing here and his experience in football in general. We know Patto is a very good player and is going to continue to learn. Heā€™s been out a very long time as well earlier in the season. ā€œSeamus is making good progress. We think thereā€™s a chance of his recovery before the weekend. Itā€™s not just about one player but he was affected too easily for two goals.ā€

So despite Godfrey having an awful game it looks like Patterson still won't get a chance.

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

Quality hit from Fiorini but tackling definitely not his strong suit given that foul in the box. He still has 3 years on his contract at Man City so I imagine he'll be playing in the Championship again next season on loan somewhere else.Ā 

9 successful tackles last night according to who scored, which is the most I have seen by a Scottish player since I started looking at the site.Ā 

Pity about the one unsuccessful one.Ā 

48 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Brighton boss and fans raving about Gilmour today.

Anyone whoā€™s watched him knows thereā€™s a superb player in there. Be great if he gets a few minutes between now and the end of the season. What a boost it would be to have a fully firing Gilmour available again.

I wonder why he started? Caicedo and mcallister were both on the bench so they must be fit.Ā 

Either way its great to see him start and play well.Ā 

1 hour ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Brighton boss and fans raving about Gilmour today.

Anyone whoā€™s watched him knows thereā€™s a superb player in there. Be great if he gets a few minutes between now and the end of the season. What a boost it would be to have a fully firing Gilmour available again.

MOTM according to a lot of their fans on the Brighton forumĀ 

4 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Goals for porteous , Conway and Mcburnie today.Ā  Also Gilmour got 90 minutes for BrightonĀ 

Fleck banged one in anaw..šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its becoming clear that conway must be called up to the main squad in june.Ā 

The lads potentially the goalscoring striker that we have often needed in games.

Conway touched the ball 15 times lost it 4 times and managed to complete 2 out 5 passes attempted, get him in the squad?Ā 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

5 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Third game in 6 days. They will have to use their squad a lot more next year if theyā€™re in EuropeĀ 

Man Utd next at home for Brighton hopefully he gets in again, i see the Brighton manager has hinted he may not have realised Gilmours talents. As much as this period has been terrible for Gilmour I bet he has been working his ass off in training ( going by reports his attitude was never in question at the performance schools, Chelsea etc), hopefully now turns a corner.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Conway touched the ball 15 times lost it 4 times and managed to complete 2 out 5 passes attempted, get him in the squad?Ā 

Lol you serious?

He puts the ball in the net and thats what matters. A goal every 171 mins this season for a struggling team is excellent especially considering hes only 20.

There should be a bit more excitement about this lad. How often do we have a 20 year old striker who will probably be in the epl in a couple of years.

Personally i get way more excited by conway than the likes of mebude, wilson or even doak. We need to get this lad in the main squad sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, JECK said:

Man Utd next at home for Brighton hopefully he gets in again, i see the Brighton manager has hinted he may not have realised Gilmours talents. As much as this period has been terrible for Gilmour I bet he has been working his ass off in training ( going by reports his attitude was never in question at the performance schools, Chelsea etc), hopefully now turns a corner.

One of the things I noticed after the Spain game, when Gilmour walked down the stairs from the subs bench he had a massive smile on his face, (others didn't) even though he didn't get any minutes and by his standards he has had a poor season not getting much time on the pitch. I just got a feeling he knows he can and will play a big part in the Scotland team. Probably the same when it comes to his club.