Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 227 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the problem with Gilmour when he starts is that he doesn’t offer much going forwards he isn’t quick, nor offer enough defensively .

So you are kind of stuck after that , he will offer a sideways pass but that isn’t enough at this level .

I do feel his size prevents him doing him doing more of the above , therefore he would be best suited to a slow paced league like Serie A .

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I had a quick look at a couple of Brighton forums last night and most thought he did okay.

Nice one. Lets just hope the manager takes a liking to him as well and sees some potential. Would be really disappointing for a guy like gilmour to be playing lower league football in a few years when it looked like he could be a genuine superstar.

Going by the nottingham forest forum mckenna had a good game. Good to see cooper starting as well. Been a good weekend overall for our centre backs. Good to see hendry getting a chance again at brugge, lets hope he continues to play as his career was on an upward trajectory before this season started.

Porteous goal.

Edited by mccaughey85

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Going by the nottingham forest forum mckenna had a good game. Good to see cooper starting as well. Been a good weekend overall for our centre backs. Good to see hendry getting a chance again at brugge, lets hope he continues to play as his career was on an upward trajectory before this season started.

Porteous goal.

Watched the game, both Cooper & McKenna were pretty solid throughout with McKenna in particular getting a lot of praise from the commentary team.

Personally I'd like to go with Hendry & McKenna in a back 4 against Cyprus like we did against Ukraine & Ireland.

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

Watched the game, both Cooper & McKenna were pretty solid throughout with McKenna in particular getting a lot of praise from the commentary team.

Personally I'd like to go with Hendry & McKenna in a back 4 against Cyprus like we did against Ukraine & Ireland.

I would say mckenna and hendry are our first choice pairing but as we have seen in the past that can all change pretty quickly. I would like to see cooper get more chances as we dont often have a centre back that lasts a few seasons in the epl. Would be great if mckenna lasts a few seasons in the epl as the experience against top attackers could be excellent for his development.

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would say mckenna and hendry are our first choice pairing but as we have seen in the past that can all change pretty quickly. I would like to see cooper get more chances as we dont often have a centre back that lasts a few seasons in the epl. Would be great if mckenna lasts a few seasons in the epl as the experience against top attackers could be excellent for his development.

Can’t help but feel Clarke will pick Hanley alongside one or neither of them.

I like Cooper though he seems to be picking up injuries more frequently these days which is a worry

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

Can’t help but feel Clarke will pick Hanley alongside one or neither of them.

I like Cooper though he seems to be picking up injuries more frequently these days which is a worry

Are both not left footed?

Cooper is poor on the ball. Thats fine if you just want your centre backs to defend but we have been trying to move to a style that we are comfortable in possession, play through the lines etc

McKenna is very clumsy for me at the highest level. Gives so many fouls away by bundling strikers and his reading of the game isnt as good as some others. That being said if we play 5 at the back then id have him as my central defender as he is good in the air, actually quite fast and decent enough with ball at his feet.

I feel we are still in a place where we would like to play 4 at the back but dont have 2 good enough CBs to play it.  

On 2/5/2023 at 8:28 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Porteous goal.

12 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Hibs in action against Dortmund in the Europa youth League on BT sport's 2. 

Gary O'Connors son playing, as the young keeper Murray Johnston who looked very good when I saw him playing for our under 19's . 

How did they get on? 

10 hours ago, ProudScot said:

How did they get on? 

Sorry for slow reply. They did well against a much bigger , stronger, technically better & I believe on average a year older team. Certainly unlucky to lose. 

Keeper Johnson , made one outstanding save & looked very assured on cross balls but unfortunately he spilled a shot that led to Dortmund getting the equalising penalty.

Centre back Jacob Blaney scored a great header & looked a good positional defender . 

O'Connor junior looks like a skinnier version of his dad. He is pretty quick & looked a threat at times but thought his touch could be better.

Best prospect looks to be Ethan Laidlaw, tall thin lad with great pace & a trick or 2. Played right wing back but I guess who could play various positions. Out of contract in the summer so unless Hibs get him signed up quick he will be Old firm or EPL bound I'm sure.

19 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Sorry for slow reply. They did well against a much bigger , stronger, technically better & I believe on average a year older team. Certainly unlucky to lose. 

Keeper Johnson , made one outstanding save & looked very assured on cross balls but unfortunately he spilled a shot that led to Dortmund getting the equalising penalty.

Centre back Jacob Blaney scored a great header & looked a good positional defender . 

O'Connor junior looks like a skinnier version of his dad. He is pretty quick & looked a threat at times but thought his touch could be better.

Best prospect looks to be Ethan Laidlaw, tall thin lad with great pace & a trick or 2. Played right wing back but I guess who could play various positions. Out of contract in the summer so unless Hibs get him signed up quick he will be Old firm or EPL bound I'm sure.

His name escapes me but thought the young stocky lad who came on for Hibs with the Eastern European surname looked a player. Commentator said he was a year younger than the rest and in the Scottish squad. Hopefully Hibs have another 'golden' generation on their hands that produces another 6+ internationalists 

20 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

His name escapes me but thought the young stocky lad who came on for Hibs with the Eastern European surname looked a player. Commentator said he was a year younger than the rest and in the Scottish squad. Hopefully Hibs have another 'golden' generation on their hands that produces another 6+ internationalists 

Rudi Allan-Molotnikov?