Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 71 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Big fan of Stephen Welsh. I know we have a good group of cbs now but he is worth a call up IMO

I think we are starting to get into the position where players need to play well over a longer period of time before getting a call up. Obviously if they are miles better than others that doesnt apply but good squad depth should mean its harder to break in. On the plus side once you are in and perform its difficult to get dropped.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Mcgregor is the only Celtic player that should be near the team.  I think souttar is a better player than Welsh and turnbull is neat and tidy but doesn’t damage teams. He also competes for McGinns position.

You really are a wee gimp ain't ye? You couldn't spell Souttar properly a wee while ago and also claimed he needed to move south to improve despite also claiming to be a jambo. 

I'm not entirely sure what your game is (apart from getting on my tits) but you're definitely for the watching 🤔

1 hour ago, slasher said:

You really are a wee gimp ain't ye? You couldn't spell Souttar properly a wee while ago and also claimed he needed to move south to improve despite also claiming to be a jambo. 

I'm not entirely sure what your game is (apart from getting on my tits) but you're definitely for the watching 🤔

thats a wee shame for you 😊

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I really try my best not to take note of the posters name whether positive or negative on this forum, i just enjoy reading it either way, it's for the best 😉

Anyway for what it's worth Welsh always looks solid whenever I've saw him, like you say it'd be good to judge him if he can stay in the team. 

Malcolm is right though, Mcgregor is the only current Celtic player worthy of a start, i was excited about Turnbull when he first broke through at motherwell, he is technically great & maybe he is  working harder for the team than he had done previously but I'm still not convinced he is good enough to threaten a start for our national team 

7 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I really try my best not to take note of the posters name whether positive or negative on this forum, i just enjoy reading it either way, it's for the best 😉

Anyway for what it's worth Welsh always looks solid whenever I've saw him, like you say it'd be good to judge him if he can stay in the team. 

Malcolm is right though, Mcgregor is the only current Celtic player worthy of a start, i was excited about Turnbull when he first broke through at motherwell, he is technically great & maybe he is  working harder for the team than he had done previously but I'm still not convinced he is good enough to threaten a start for our national team 

Im not convinced by Turnbull yet. There is defo potential there but anytime I watch him he flatters to decieve. I keep hearing about how good he is at set pieces but he wastes as many as he puts in well.

Id have him behind McGinn, Christie and Armstrong for an AM role and tbh I rate Gauld higher than him at present.

That being said its good he is in and about the squad as theres every chance he pushes on, becomes more consistent and develops into a right good player. 

File under one for the future for me.

17 hours ago, syecosse said:

Yeah also just checked twitter, apparently best player for them, there fans are loving him. 

With Harrison, Patterson, Ramsay and Hickey we look as if we are going into a good place in terms of our right hand side...the dark days of SOD and Palmer will be a distant memory in a couple of years

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

With Harrison, Patterson, Ramsay and Hickey we look as if we are going into a good place in terms of our right hand side...the dark days of SOD and Palmer will be a distant memory in a couple of years.

Livremento at Southampton is also eligible for us. He looks an excellent prospect but at the minute is with England. Maybe Che could help him see the light, or maybe he'd fancy his chances getting ahead of Alexander -Arnold, Lamptey, James etc. rather than the Scotland players mentioned above

19 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Livremento at Southampton is also eligible for us. He looks an excellent prospect but at the minute is with England. Maybe Che could help him see the light, or maybe he'd fancy his chances getting ahead of Alexander -Arnold, Lamptey, James etc. rather than the Scotland players mentioned above

Or maybe he will fail to get past those queues and become the best uncapped right back in the British Isles.

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Mctominay has been excellent in the first half. Put ronaldo through on goal and has played some nice passes in midfield. Also made some good tackles and interception. Probably mom for man u so far. 

I agree. Also good performances today from Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney plus McGinn was Villa's best player.

52 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I agree. Also good performances today from Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney plus McGinn was Villa's best player.

Yes, McTominay had a good game. Defensively solid too. McLean and Gilmour contributing to a great team performance from Norwich too (with the latter exceptional after the Man Utd penalty when Norwich pushed for an equaliser). 

Any word on the Hanley injury? (Saw he had his arm in a sling at the end of the game 😬)