Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 70 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

38 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

She could still probably do a job for our men's team 😂. She was brilliant to watch. For those that don't already know, aaid and I both grew up next to Rose, although she was a bit older. 

Did you see Elsie Cook at the Women’s FA Cup final yesterday?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

Aye,true.

But is she not Italian by fitba rules🤔

I'm sure she played for Italy.

(Won the world cup ?🤔)  

While she was born in, sounds and says she's Scottish, in fitba terms I don't think we can count her.

I do agree she would be better than McBurnie .👍

She played in the Italian league for about ten years before finally agreeing to play for Italy.  They were at her for years and even though the SFA had banned her, she wouldn’t do it.  

A big difference to some of these guys these days that start looking for other countries I& they don’t get picked straight away. 

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I didn't but I was speaking to her and Shirley at Arbroath and Dunfermline recently 😂

it was the 50th anniversary of the first Women’s final when Stewarton lost to a Southampton select so they had Elsie and the Southampton captain bring out the cup before the game.  Nice touch. 

Good thread here.

https://twitter.com/alancamsport/status/1467623487787483138?s=21

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Liam Morrison made his debut for Bayern II last week. Came on as a sub. Hopefully he continues his trajectory. Can definitely see a Liam Morrisons/Leon King CB partnership in the future if they both stay fit.

40 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Liam Morrison made his debut for Bayern II last week. Came on as a sub. Hopefully he continues his trajectory. Can definitely see a Liam Morrisons/Leon King CB partnership in the future if they both stay fit.

Lot of potential with that pair. Be nice to see King leave Rangers this summer unless he gets regular starts before the end of the season. 

16 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Lot of potential with that pair. Be nice to see King leave Rangers this summer unless he gets regular starts before the end of the season. 

May not be a bad thing him staying at Rangers now, they have got that Ajax coach and the Belgian youth coach which seems like they may really look at youth now, seen he was linked with moves to the likes of Newcastle and Man u( which he is not going to get game time with them). Noticed that King and Morrison plus Dundee utds Kerr Smith rotated for the u19 recent games. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

May not be a bad thing him staying at Rangers now, they have got that Ajax coach and the Belgian youth coach which seems like they may really look at youth now, seen he was linked with moves to the likes of Newcastle and Man u( which he is not going to get game time with them). Noticed that King and Morrison plus Dundee utds Kerr Smith rotated for the u19 recent games. 

I think King would have more of a chance of 1st team football if he moves to the English premiership, same as Billy Gilmour.

It sounds mental seeing as it’s a level up but Rangers have very little interest in developing young players and giving them a chance - I think that’s a fair assessment. Celtic are in the same boat ie have to win and a very demanding support, yet they manage to regularly develop their own youth.

Nathan Patterson is proof of that - the best youngster Rangers have had since Alan Hutton or Barry Ferguson and he can barely get a sniff despite being a standout already for the national team. 

19 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think King would have more of a chance of 1st team football if he moves to the English premiership, same as Billy Gilmour.

It sounds mental seeing as it’s a level up but Rangers have very little interest in developing young players and giving them a chance - I think that’s a fair assessment. Celtic are in the same boat ie have to win and a very demanding support, yet they manage to regularly develop their own youth.

Nathan Patterson is proof of that - the best youngster Rangers have had since Alan Hutton or Barry Ferguson and he can barely get a sniff despite being a standout already for the national team. 

King won't get 1st team football in the EPL, very few 17/18/19 year old centre backs play epl football. Hes best getting a loan move to a championship/league 1 club or to another spl club. Billy gilmour is a bad example, he was at Chelsea for near on 4 years before making a first team appearance and he is a very special talent. 

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

Just imagine if 2 of these make it at the top level. Meaning a Bayern first team player or a regular starting in a top 6 EPL team, what a potentially fantastic back 4/5 we could have. Find a top class keeper & we've got the foundations of a team that will regularly qualify & perhaps even do well in tournaments. 

We are entitled to dream sometimes 😁

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

King won't get 1st team football in the EPL, very few 17/18/19 year old centre backs play epl football. Hes best getting a loan move to a championship/league 1 club or to another spl club. Billy gilmour is a bad example, he was at Chelsea for near on 4 years before making a first team appearance and he is a very special talent. 

King wont get a sniff at regular 1st team football at Rangers. He isnt even on the bench for a dead rubber in Europe tonight. *assuming he is fit.

Rangers have been playing a left back at CB for the past month or so. If I was a 17 year old who the club were talking up as being an exceptional talent then that alone would tell me what they actually think.

53 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

King wont get a sniff at regular 1st team football at Rangers. He isnt even on the bench for a dead rubber in Europe tonight. *assuming he is fit.

Rangers have been playing a left back at CB for the past month or so. If I was a 17 year old who the club were talking up as being an exceptional talent then that alone would tell me what they actually think.

Sure I read on Scottish youth analyst Owen Browns twitter that he had a youths/B/u23s (whatever it is these days) important champions league youth match this week and that it was why he did not travel.