The news thread - Page 84 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Or alternatively Russia messing around with the supply to try to get Germany, etc., to put pressure on Ukraine to settle a war that Russia are losing and doing it in a way that also gets NATO countries suspicious of each other.

The simplest question is who benefits most, chances are that’s the culprit.

The US seem to be seeing plenty reward in how the dollar is going so they seem to be winning out of all this for me.

The other thing I don't get is why would Russia blow it up when they control the tap - they could launch it's utilisation whenever they wanted then mess about from the taps from there.  It makes far more sense for someone that doesn't have access to the taps to blow it up surely especially when they've threatened exactly that?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The US seem to be seeing plenty reward in how the dollar is going so they seem to be winning out of all this for me.

The other thing I don't get is why would Russia blow it up when they control the tap - they could launch it's utilisation whenever they wanted then mess about from the taps from there.  It makes far more sense for someone that doesn't have access to the taps to blow it up surely especially when they've threatened exactly that?

See my second point about sewing mistrust.  

I wouldn't put it past America but two other pipelines have ben blown up when Russia is engaging in economic warfare with another state.

Georgia blamed Russia for the 2006 explosion on a pipeline in January 2006

and Turkmenistan blamed them in 2009 for another explosion

Both accused Russia of energy blackmail. Russia denied the claims and said was probably terrorists.

All he said she said.

35 minutes ago, phart said:

I wouldn't put it past America but two other pipelines have ben blown up when Russia is engaging in economic warfare with another state.

Georgia blamed Russia for the 2006 explosion on a pipeline in January 2006

and Turkmenistan blamed them in 2009 for another explosion

Both accused Russia of energy blackmail. Russia denied the claims and said was probably terrorists.

All he said she said.

I wouldn’t put anything past the USA but outside of some wild quadruple-cross style conspiracy, I can’t see where there would be an advantage for them.

Scottish Westminster voting intention (sub-sample)

SNP - 56%

Lab - 25%

Green - 6%

LD - 5%

Con - 3%

Other - 4%

[Seat projection]

SNP - 57 (+9)

Lab - 2 (+1)

LD - 0 (-4)

Con - 0 (-6)

THat would see not only the Tories but Lib Dems wiped out, and curiously the Greens getting more votes than the LD_Tories out together, which sees highly improbably for a WM election.

Kwasi Kwarteng attended private champagne reception *hours* after delivering mini-budget where hedge fund managers (who would gain from crash in pound) urged him to double down

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kwasi Kwarteng attended private champagne reception *hours* after delivering mini-budget where hedge fund managers (who would gain from crash in pound) urged him to double down

No fucks given.  This country is in a state.  Rory Stewart for PM

‘No fucks given’!

The country is in a state largely due to the direction promoted and driven through by your beloved Tory establishment. Governments and leaders should always be called to account, but they are getting away with corruption and self interest….. confirmed by your no fucks given comment.

2 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

‘No fucks given’!

The country is in a state largely due to the direction promoted and driven through by your beloved Tory establishment. Governments and leaders should always be called to account, but they are getting away with corruption and self interest….. confirmed by your no fucks given comment.

a. No fucks given… I was referring to Kwasi as giving no fucks.

b.  I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m a Tory, I have voted for them once in last ten years at local government level.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:17 PM, King Of Paisley said:

Latest poll via PeoplePolling las Labour on 50%. Subsample has the SNP at 56%, the Greens at 6%.

Would almost certainly mean a complete wipeout of the Tories up here.

Yet the gruesome twosome still aren't listening

My guess is three seats 

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Nearly 130 die in stampede at football match in Indonesia, fucking grim https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

11 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Horrendous this is still happening in this day and age. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

I was discussing recently that Indonesia would've been a better choice of AFC World Cup host than Qatar. Might need to rethink that one 😕

JRM getting a hard time outside the Tory conference in Birmingham. 

Imagine that was up here. We'd have James Cook or Glen Campbell, phones out, getting in people's faces, the SNP issuing apologies and bedwetters crying about it "putting people off independence!" 😭

But the people in that clip are English - they're allowed to get angry and shout things outside party conferences.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

JRM getting a hard time outside the Tory conference in Birmingham. 

Imagine that was up here. We'd have James Cook or Glen Campbell, phones out, getting in people's faces, the SNP issuing apologies and bedwetters crying about it "putting people off independence!" 😭

But the people in that clip are English - they're allowed to get angry and shout things outside party conferences.

No surprise there. It is just further evidence of the total union bias in the media.