The news thread - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No 10: “The Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer have today received notification that the Metropolitan police intend to issue them with fixed penalty notices. We have no further details, but we will update you again when we do.
Edited by Ally Bongo

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No 10: “The Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer have today received notification that the Metropolitan police intend to issue them with fixed penalty notices. We have no further details, but we will update you again when we do.

Not a hope in hell of either of them resigning regardless of the details. This Ukraine war will allowed them to be found guilty of partygate thus avoiding accusations of ‘whitewash’, but still hold onto their jobs. Cant lose a PM in war time can we. 

Another get out of jail free card . 

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Not a hope in hell of either of them resigning regardless of the details. This Ukraine war will allowed them to be found guilty of partygate thus avoiding accusations of ‘whitewash’, but still hold onto their jobs. Cant lose a PM in war time can we. 

Try telling that to Clement Attlee or H.H. Asquith. 😂

Edited by Orraloon

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

Or even - and more recently and more relevant, Thatcher. 

Which war was that? It's hard to keep up with them all. 😂

I suppose it must have happened a lot, considering we are almost constantly at war with somebody or other?

Edited by Orraloon

28 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Try telling that to Clement Attlee or H.H. Asquith. 😂

😂 you are mistaking me for someone who has knowledge of political history. I have never even heard of the second bloke, had to google him 😁 Helena Bonham Carter is his great granddaughter, I hope I can impress someone with that bit of trivia this weekend. 

Meh, you know what I mean, he will survive cause folk like Douglas Ross will say ‘ the PM knows he was wrong and has apologised and  we are in PERILOUS times and we need stability. Blah, blah , blah. 

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I suppose it must have happened a lot, considering we are almost constantly at war with somebody or other?

First Guif War - Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. 

Shockeroony. Despite having no doubt this would happen it never fails to amaze me what a fookin spineless cretin this guy is.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/douglas-ross-insists-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-remove-boris-johnson-over-partygate-fines-3651331 

Heard him on the news talking about  the ‘special relationship ‘ Johnson has with Zelensky and so he shouldn’t resign. Wft. Special relationship? Are there no depths these folk will not sink to . 

30 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

He must resign.  Why the fuk should i follow any laws when he doesn’t.  What’s worse is he sets them and breaks them.

He will just keeping hanging on till the media , and the public, get bored.

The UK has what it deserves. 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is it Eurasia against Eastasia yet?

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

https://i.redd.it/fy6gvefde6t81.jpg

All this talk of war as the reason Boris shouldnt resign.

We arent at war. The war is certainly of interest to us but our involvement extends to supplying weapons and some training. Nothing that any PM couldnt do. Im surprised more opposition politicians arent highlighting this.

55 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/jersey-seizes-7-billion-assets-over-abramovich-links/

I knew he had some assets over here, but £7 billion, staggering 

Dammit, you get back to the football section I had been hoping to impress you with my Helena Bonham Carter trivia and you have now spoiled it 😡