The news thread - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That’s interesting,  and whilst I think the rich and powerful can most definitely hide behind this,   I am not entirely sure I agree with the bit below. Unfortunately i think there are more dodgy folk out there than people realise. My husband did a bit of work for a company and  about a year or so ago he found out one of the guys working there, that he had quite a lot of dealings with, had his house raided and hundreds of indecent pictures on his computer. Pretty awful by all accounts.
Everyone was shocked, he seemed  a completely normal, ordinary,  popular guy, no one had the slightest idea this was going on. This may of course be the exception rather than the rule,  but I think there may be a lot more exceptions than people realise. 

‘’I have often noticed that ordinary people like you and I manage, in general, to live our entire lives with no connection of friendship to paedophiles at all. Yet the powerful are always finding they are connected to Janners, Epsteins, Saviles, Smiths, Mountbattens etc entirely by accident. It is of course all nothing but accident, bad luck and coincidence. To wonder if it might be otherwise is to be a mad proto-Fascist conspiracy theorist, apparently.’’

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

A million pounds each should cover it. Loose change to a club like Celtic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60570893

Wonder what hundreds of bots with Rangers avatars will tweet the SNP about now

“Forward, Wee Dougie!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.

P & O Ferries have suspended all sailings , returned all the ships to port and reportedly made their whole workforce redundant and replaced them with agency staff

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

P & O Ferries have suspended all sailings , returned all the ships to port and reportedly made their whole workforce redundant and replaced them with agency staff

800 paid off with immediate effect. 

Older Tambers might remember a guy falling off the top deck of one of the stands at Parkhead at the Old Firm game in 1999.  This was the game where Rangers won the league, there was a fair bit of bother, Hugh Dallas got hit by a coin at the corner flag.  

Anyway, the guy who fell out of the stand was convicted last week for three counts of rape and given a life sentence.  

He only sustained a broken nose in 1999, might have been better had he broken his neck or worse.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/serial-rapist-who-survived-death-26484602