The news thread - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Bit of a show stopper. (His wife is unwell apparently.)

She has alopecia.  Seems strange that Smith was laughing at the joke and seemed to find it funny until he didn't.  My initial reaction was that it was a set up but Rock does seem genuinely flustered when trying to regain his composure at the end.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Best acting I've seen all year. 

Yep

If you punch someone like that there would be more of a reaction/residue/redness etc 

Unless of course it's Pat Roach or Jaws you are hitting

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

She has alopecia.  Seems strange that Smith was laughing at the joke and seemed to find it funny until he didn't.  My initial reaction was that it was a set up but Rock does seem genuinely flustered when trying to regain his composure at the end.

That was my initial thought. He was laughing out loud at the jokes but imagine the missus then mentioned he is taking the c*nt out your wife for being bald and was then forced into doing something.

I could just about understand the reaction if she was terminal or something but alopecia? It in itself is hardly life threatening though can imagine there would be aspects of mental wellbeing as a result of hair loss, especially in females. Still think it was staged to a degree the slap nonsense. 

Oh it's real. Will Smith has made an utter cunt of himself. The had a rehearsal but Rock ad-libbed the joke into the live show apparently. I actually assumed it was chemo but naw... alopecia. WTF. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/18085650/will-smith-punches-chris-rock-oscars-stage-wife-jada/

It is open handed. You can see it is real here - look at the shadow of Rock's head on the floor as it gets slapped especially. It looks like a good connection to me. Hilarious.

He should be getting arrested. Mad.

I mean just the sound of it! 😀

Edited by thplinth

Not sure where I stand on this one. Normally im of the view that comedians should largely be able to say what they want however thats against the backdrop of that its peoples choice to go and see them / watch their material however in this situation Smith and his family are there for an awards ceremony.

A women losing her hair is a major thing. She has spoken about it publically so its already out there. Rock then makes a direct joke about it. (He has previous for making jokes about her / the Smiths)

Taking everything into account ive no real issue with Smiths actions.

If I were at an awards ceremony and the comedian started taking the piss out of my wifes appearence then I dont think id be too chuffed either.

As I say, its different if you choose to go and see the comedian knowing thats their style.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not sure where I stand on this one. Normally im of the view that comedians should largely be able to say what they want however thats against the backdrop of that its peoples choice to go and see them / watch their material however in this situation Smith and his family are there for an awards ceremony.

A women losing her hair is a major thing. She has spoken about it publically so its already out there. Rock then makes a direct joke about it. (He has previous for making jokes about her / the Smiths)

Taking everything into account ive no real issue with Smiths actions.

If I were at an awards ceremony and the comedian started taking the piss out of my wifes appearence then I dont think id be too chuffed either.

As I say, its different if you choose to go and see the comedian knowing thats their style.

If it was my wife, I would have caved his face in.. Completely out of order...

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yep

If you punch someone like that there would be more of a reaction/residue/redness etc 

Unless of course it's Pat Roach or Jaws you are hitting

The profanity from Will Smith is what makes me think it's real.  Americans don't do cussing on prime time telly.

Kier Starmer unable to answer as to whether women have penises. 

I have a solution, male spaces could be made unisex. So that women. Adult human females always have a choice. Transgender male to female athletes compete in the men's category. Because they are bioligical males. 

Gender self ID. A no go. You can't declassify a treatable medical disorder. No one should be told their body or personality needs changing starting with a statutory declaration. 

The doctor didn't make a mistake. 

I think it's a disgrace that the left have fallen for this woke nonsense. 

The SNP are about to tie themselves in knots over this. The world realises just how dangerous gender ideology is. Its the new Alfetanyl crisis. Chicks with dicks. Men with tits. 

Solidarity with my sisters in the Alba Party. JK Rowling etc. Yvonne Ridley. Caroline McCalister. You name it. Standing up for women! 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

honestly, shows what an utter shambles the whole situation is.  Facts are facts.  The world is round, the sky is blue.  Men have cocks and xx chromosomes.  Trans women are men who identify as women, cock or not.  To be clear I have absolutely no issue with people being who they want to be but you can’t change who you were born as.  I’m aghast at how ridiculous this has become.  Another reason I will no longer be voting snp.

oh yeah, and the utter muppets on the Ferguson debacle.  £300m to save a few hundred jobs? On what planet.  Even the original £97m utter waste of tax payers money.  I’m so glad we pay more tax up here than in England 🙄

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

honestly, shows what an utter shambles the whole situation is.  Facts are facts.  The world is round, the sky is blue.  Men have cocks and xx chromosomes.  Trans women are men who identify as women, cock or not.  To be clear I have absolutely no issue with people being who they want to be but you can’t change who you were born as.  I’m aghast at how ridiculous this has become.  Another reason I will no longer be voting snp.

oh yeah, and the utter muppets on the Ferguson debacle.  £300m to save a few hundred jobs? On what planet.  Even the original £97m utter waste of tax payers money.  I’m so glad we pay more tax up here than in England 🙄

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60878314.amp

Not just more tax. Regional variations in our privatised energy market. 

Despite sending 33 gigawats of enegy South every day. 

90 per cent of North Sea Oil and Gas in Scottish Waters. 

Renewables and so on. Subsidising the UK energy market. 

Scotland is to pay 100 per cent more for its energy bills.

South of England. Less than 60 per cent more. 

This makes me want to spew. 

Since I've discovered this forum its given me an outlet to vent my frustrations. 

The cost of energy. The cost of rent. I work as a Nurse. Pressure on the staffing, i.e. Lack of! Continously ignored. I'm 29. I've got ambition. I've got a good social life but it doesn't, quite compete with financial security and savings. 

I like football and politics. I know I need to read a mindfullness book or something but the Government, society and world affairs really fucks me off big time. Especially when you can see things could be so different with a bit of political will. I may have to work abroad at this rate. 

Grew up in Bearsden. That's another world. Working to pay another man's mortgage for a shitey victorian tennement flat. Just doesn't seem worth it right now! 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Facts are facts.   Men have cocks and xx chromosomes.

Males generally don't have that configuration , that's the dominant configuration for females. Although not the only configuration, for instance XXX occurs at a rate of 0.1% of the time in females and, you also have XX de la chappelle where the phenotype shows male characterisitcs but has the XX genotype.