The news thread - Page 155 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone see that documentary about Boris Johnson and the Russian's last night?

I never saw it myself, but I was listening to James O'Brien this morning (who is no fan of Jeremy Corbyn) and he was asking how on Earth Johnson is getting a way with this; because if it had been Corbyn he would have been absolutely crucified for what Johnson had done.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Anyone see that documentary about Boris Johnson and the Russian's last night?

I never saw it myself, but I was listening to James O'Brien this morning (who is no fan of Jeremy Corbyn) and he was asking how on Earth Johnson is getting a way with this; because if it had been Corbyn he would have been absolutely crucified for what Johnson had done.

Didn't see it but the simple answer is presumably 'the UK media'? I'll give it a watch tonight.

Actor Julian Sands confirmed dead aged 65 after going missing on a hike in January

Credits include A Room With a View, The Killing Fields, Arachnophobia et al

Actor Alan Arkin passes away aged 89

Starred in some great films including Catch-22, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Wait Until Dark, Escape From Sobibor and my favourite Freebie and the Bean

On 6/28/2023 at 5:35 PM, Hertsscot said:

Didn't see it but the simple answer is presumably 'the UK media'? I'll give it a watch tonight.

So I did watch it, fairly damning about Johnson and as was said if it had been Corbyn much more would have been made of it, if it had been Sturgeon we'd still be hearing about it. 

I did note Simon McDonald's comment about how still today, despite their plummeting sales, it's the papers that drive the political agenda. I thought such an admission from a top UK civil servant was very relevant not just about Johnson but also in the context of Scottish independence.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

So I did watch it, fairly damning about Johnson and as was said if it had been Corbyn much more would have been made of it, if it had been Sturgeon we'd still be hearing about it. 

I did note Simon McDonald's comment about how still today, despite their plummeting sales, it's the papers that drive the political agenda. I thought such an admission from a top UK civil servant was very relevant not just about Johnson but also in the context of Scottish independence.

Absolutely. It’s still them that produce the news and the headlines , which give the bbc and others justification to report/regurgitate them from a supposed position of impartiality. 

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Actor Alan Arkin passes away aged 89

Starred in some great films including Catch-22, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Wait Until Dark, Escape From Sobibor and my favourite Freebie and the Bean

I'd forgotten he was in 'Wait Until Dark' - what a movie that is!  

28 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Absolutely. It’s still them that produce the news and the headlines , which give the bbc and others justification to report/regurgitate them from a supposed position of impartiality. 

And free advertising space in every supermarket. You don't need to read the rags, customers just see the headline and think it's the Gospel truth.  They're also incredibly selective, this week they were having a great time slating Sturgeon over COVID and yet the same papers didn't carry any visible criticism of the UK Government where what was coming out was no better and probably a lot worse!

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'd forgotten he was in 'Wait Until Dark' - what a movie that is!  

👌

And the three baddies are played by Actors who you would not normally expect in that role

A bit like Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West

Will July 2023 see the end of Twitter ?

Looks very much like it

Twitter has applied a temporary limit to the number of tweets users can read in a day, owner Elon Musk has said.

In a tweet, Mr Musk said unverified accounts can read up to 600 posts a day.

Verified accounts are limited to reading 6,000 posts a day, while newly unverified accounts can only see 300 posts per day, he added.

Mr Musk said the temporary limits were to address "extreme levels" of data scraping and system manipulation.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Will July 2023 see the end of Twitter ?

Looks very much like it

Twitter has applied a temporary limit to the number of tweets users can read in a day, owner Elon Musk has said.

In a tweet, Mr Musk said unverified accounts can read up to 600 posts a day.

Verified accounts are limited to reading 6,000 posts a day, while newly unverified accounts can only see 300 posts per day, he added.

Mr Musk said the temporary limits were to address "extreme levels" of data scraping and system manipulation.

6000 a day????

FFS, does nae cunt do any work any more ? No wonder our economy is fucked.

14 hours ago, Orraloon said:

6000 a day????

FFS, does nae cunt do any work any more ? No wonder our economy is fucked.

😂 thats what I was thinking. 6000 ? That would be like reading every piece of shite I have ever written on here , all in one day.
It would also explain the country’s mental health problems.  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 thats what I was thinking. 6000 ? That would be like reading every piece of shite I have ever written on here , all in one day.
It would also explain the country’s mental health problems.  

It's a useful tool to help subdue the population. It doesn't seem to be working in France right now, but seems to work just fine in the UK. 

Good to see the uk mainstream media are in agreement that the main world news is the disgraceful profiteering at the expense of the motorists on diesel prices in the UK . Shameless profiteering! Where did that come from ? 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I've got an ex- girlfriend taking part in the service! It was a few decades ago since we split, but I think taking part in Charlie's do would have ended it anyway!

You’ve pumped Camilla 😳 and I thought Will Carling had a good claim to fame

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

You’ve pumped Camilla 😳 and I thought Will Carling had a good claim to fame

😂😂 

I had no idea Andrew Parker Bowles posted on here. Makes sense now , an infiltrator from Herts  😂