The news thread - Page 224 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Divvying up the will could be interesting!

That is fucking ridiculous

Ian Lavender passes away aged 77 and is the last of the Dad's Army main cast to go

RIP Pike

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

_132558182_a-statement-from-buckingham-palace-nc.png.thumb.webp.0a33f90e8e730dc6c3612b0adf32058f.webp

You would think he’s the first person to get cancer, he’s no money worries, he’ll get the finest medical treatments known to man & have flunkies doing everything for him. It’ll be full on rule Britannia tomorrow night at little Britain ibrox 😵‍💫

15 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

You would think he’s the first person to get cancer, he’s no money worries, he’ll get the finest medical treatments known to man & have flunkies doing everything for him. It’ll be full on rule Britannia tomorrow night at little Britain ibrox 😵‍💫

I expect the target audience at Ibrox like songs by Queen.  I wonder if they'll play "Another one bites the dust"?

An allegedly left wing publication publishes this

Any guesses who they got the idea from ?

a62f9981-4486-4e4d-9372-f33f4f3882a9_1080x565.thumb.webp.6eb4a4da027ef8d024800a6eb3cd9912.webp

41 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

I’d hazard a guess at tel aviv

You would be wrong

image.jpeg.aa42eba5cbae3dd325bac0d587b5856d.jpeg

Edited by Ally Bongo

Starmer dumping the £28b pledge is a terrible optic. Labour really are terrified of putting forward radical policies. Lucky for Labour the Tories are a total shambles but I am starting to question whether Labour will be any different to the Tories in terms of austerity economics. 

36 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Starmer dumping the £28b pledge is a terrible optic. Labour really are terrified of putting forward radical policies. Lucky for Labour the Tories are a total shambles but I am starting to question whether Labour will be any different to the Tories in terms of austerity economics. 

Just starting? 😉

34 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I know that Sunak's comments yesterday were crass and insensitive given that Brianna Ghey's mum was going to be present in HoC but his comments were spot on regarding Starmer and u-turns.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I know that Sunak's comments yesterday were crass and insensitive given that Brianna Ghey's mum was going to be present in HoC but his comments were spot on regarding Starmer and u-turns.

sunak had him by the balls till his trans comment. 

It's cause they don't actually believe in anything or have an over-arching vision. They just want to "win" and then do hundreds of simulations on voting outcomes against different policies. You then have them flopping about all over the place.

A souless political machine ran by focus groups and strategists.

17 minutes ago, phart said:

It's cause they don't actually believe in anything or have an over-arching vision. They just want to "win" and then do hundreds of simulations on voting outcomes against different policies. You then have them flopping about all over the place.

A souless political machine ran by focus groups and strategists.

It's become like American politics where you couldn't slide a fag paper between the main players, and the winner is decided by a tiny minority of floating voters.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It's become like American politics where you couldn't slide a fag paper between the main players, and the winner is decided by a tiny minority of floating voters.

...in a few marginal constituencies.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:58 AM, Ally Bongo said:

I doubt he is going to be anywhere near a trial - look at the nick he is in

_132525619_claphamcctv.jpg.webp.c871696881c5f4ce1044633e345b3b21.webp

Clapham chemical attack: Police believe suspect may have died in Thames

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Clapham chemical attack: Police believe suspect may have died in Thames

Good. I'd rather the bastard had faced justice but drowning in the Thames is a good alternative.

Wonder if Malcolm has been up at Edinburgh Castle and visited their newly refurbished eatery called The Redcoat Cafe

Not a joke