Billy Gilmour - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Like a kid waking up on Christmas day.

Delighted for the lad.

The reaction is great to see and he's potentially such an exciting player to have in the squad and hopefully earning 50-100 caos in coming years.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

The reaction is great to see and he's potentially such an exciting player to have in the squad and hopefully earning 50-100 caos in coming years.

Fantastic.He looks really thrilled,and slightly surprised at that.Wish all the young lads that have been selected all the best.Really delighted for them.

16 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Fantastic.He looks really thrilled,and slightly surprised at that.Wish all the young lads that have been selected all the best.Really delighted for them.

Does that include Che Adams😜😜😜

2 hours ago, fringo said:

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Does that include Che Adams😜😜😜

He's already played for us.The three young guys are getting their first selection for the full squad,and it's straight into a major tournament.No comparison.

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

He's already played for us.The three young guys are getting their first selection for the full squad,and it's straight into a major tournament.No comparison.

It was a joke 👍🏻

Just now, thesaint said:

Oh,and i forgot to say,Billy Gilmour is Scottish.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

I doubt he was surprised. He’d likely have known he was getting called up. 

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Doe's the squad not need to be reduced for finals, Iv'e lost track.

No as Clarke only named 26 players. He could’ve named more then cut it down to 26 by 1st of June but he just went straight to his final 26 man squad. 

2 hours ago, fringo said:

A sign of intent having him included. Clarke knows what he's got. Possibly the next Darren Fletcher, in terms of caps and influence on the team. He'll be an ever present for the next 13+ years.

I just wonder if Clarke will be brave enough to play him at the Euros. Even if he doesn't, it's still great to integrate him into the set up. Same goes for Patterson and Turnbull, who will also amass 50+ caps.

19 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I doubt he was surprised. He’d likely have known he was getting called up. 

Going by his reaction when he saw his name appearing on the tv screen,i don't think so.The look on his face wasn't the look of somebody who already knew he was going.If he did already know,he should be up for an oscar next time round.

13 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Going by his reaction when he saw his name appearing on the tv screen,i don't think so.The look on his face wasn't the look of somebody who already knew he was going.If he did already know,he should be up for an oscar next time round.

It might not have been 100% confirmed but he’d have more or less known. Players don’t generally find out they are in the Scotland squad from Sky Sports News. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It might not have been 100% confirmed but he’d have more or less known. Players don’t generally find out they are in the Scotland squad from Sky Sports News. 

Not so sure about that.I remember one of the players picked for the british and irish lions tour saying he was flabbergasted when he heard on the radio he had been picked.Don't see why football would be any different.No,i really think it was an honest reaction by Billy Gilmour.Good to see.

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Not so sure about that.I remember one of the players picked for the british and irish lions tour saying he was flabbergasted when he heard on the radio he had been picked.Don't see why football would be any different.No,i really think it was an honest reaction by Billy Gilmour.Good to see.

Clubs are contacted prior to players being selected. Clarke generally also speaks to players before selecting them. Or at least he has done in the past. What if half the squad had went on holiday after the Scottish Premiership ended? 

Put it this way - that would not have been my reaction if I found out I was going to the Euros like that. I’d be jumping up and down and shouting and screaming like an idiot. 

Looks more like a wee smile at it being officially confirmed on telly to me. The surprise on his face is probably more to do with him seeing he was being filmed. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Clubs are contacted prior to players being selected. Clarke generally also speaks to players before selecting them. Or at least he has done in the past. What if half the squad had went on holiday after the Scottish Premiership ended? 

Put it this way - that would not have been my reaction if I found out I was going to the Euros like that. I’d be jumping up and down and shouting and screaming like an idiot. 

Looks more like a wee smile at it being officially confirmed on telly to me. The surprise on his face is probably more to do with him seeing he was being filmed. 

Don't see it.His reaction was great.Looked surprised and thrilled to me.Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some players found out mins before announcement. 

So he’d likely have known already then? Even if it was shortly before the announcement? 

Actually looks like quite a strange reaction if that was the first he knew about it. Everyone is different though I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't see it.His reaction was great.Looked surprised and thrilled to me.Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Fair enough. Doesn’t really matter when he found out anyway. 

6 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

A sign of intent having him included. Clarke knows what he's got. Possibly the next Darren Fletcher, in terms of caps and influence on the team. He'll be an ever present for the next 13+ years.

I just wonder if Clarke will be brave enough to play him at the Euros. Even if he doesn't, it's still great to integrate him into the set up. Same goes for Patterson and Turnbull, who will also amass 50+ caps.

I think I'm looking forward to seeing him play more than anyone, so fingers crossed.