Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

How have we ended up with such a hard group. I know everyone is on a high but Croatia and England will tough games to get anything from. 

I dunno why but that's the funniest post tonight. 

That's been the way it's gonna be since the draw was made 25 years ago, whats the shocker tonight, the night we've qualified? 😂 

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Fine mate. Don’t think I can take many more of these nights though at my age 😊. It’s a very strange feeling to be actually confident that a Scotland team could actually go through that group next year. 

Ha, confident?  How does it feel?    We were outstanding for the first 15 minutes tonight, second - not so much.  

But it's there and perhaps the manager is ingraining this into the players he has.     It's a positive time for Scotland.  

Hope yer family are doing well mate.   

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

What an odd comment.

We are the penalty shoot out kings. Finally something we are good at!

But we have the Scottish mentality.     "Aye, we banged 5 belters in last time, no danger we'll score one tonight" - kinda stuff.   

Practice makes perfect.  

3 minutes ago, Snelders said:

I dunno why but that's the funniest post tonight. 

That's been the way it's gonna be since the draw was made 25 years ago, whats the shocker tonight, the night we've qualified? 😂 

Seen who Hungary have got? englandshire and an aging Croatian team are much preferable. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

How have we ended up with such a hard group. I know everyone is on a high but Croatia and England will tough games to get anything from. 

I don't think it's too bad. Scotland/England is always a good game, and we can beat the Czech's. Croatia's team are probably aging a bit, and we have a good record against them... Have you seen Hungary's group?

1 minute ago, COLT NY said:

I don't think it's too bad. Scotland/England is always a good game, and we can beat the Czech's. Croatia's team are probably aging a bit, and we have a good record against them... Have you seen Hungary's group?

Just had a look at some of the other groups, it's actually not too bad compared to the others, especially group f. 

So much about this is positive. One thing to highlight is the strength in depth in that squad.

McKenna is now a squad player. Armstrong and Griff were on the bench. Fraser, our most creative player, was replaced by Christie. Forrest is injured. Almost every position is covered with good quality.

...and then there will be emerging talent still to come. 

1 minute ago, SkyBlueScot said:

So much about this is positive. One thing to highlight is the strength in depth in that squad.

McKenna is now a squad player. Armstrong and Griff were on the bench. Fraser, our most creative player, was replaced by Christie. Forrest is injured. Almost every position is covered with good quality.

...and then there will be emerging talent still to come. 

It's a conundrum.   Do you get a gold medal if you're in the squad or if you play more than 1 game?  

I'm going to feel sorry for a few of the players.   

Welsh fan here, absolutely made up for you lads, was hoping you’d be joining us next summer. Thought it was game over after the Serbian goal, takes some balls to keep it going after that. Great penalties from your lads. Even I was getting a little bit emotional watching Christie talk. 

Enjoy the result and potentially see you in Russia next year (if reports are to be believed). If not, please smash the English in their own back yard! 

25 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its not an odd comment, we have a history of fucking our chances and I honestly felt like it was never going to happen for us. We have been bottle merchants for years. 

Well I found it odd. 

Nah it was just a joke mate. We do appear to be quite good at penalty shootouts though.