Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think you must be a bitter rangers fan, everybody knows he's been out with mental health and injuries. Clarkes not going to pick a guy for the squad who's not playing due to mental health problems. Clarke has picked Griffiths as soon it was reasonably possible so he must rate him. I trust Clarkes opinion and his opinion is that Griffiths was worthy of a squad place despite only playing a handful of games this season. I think you might be trolling so I will leave it with that. 

Oh for god's sake.  I am a Scotland fan first and always will be kid.  I am desperate for Griffiths to be our new King Kenny.  Just his managers won't play him for his all round game I think.  Don't start this club football crap.  Not interested in that.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Oh for god's sake.  I am a Scotland fan first and always will be kid.  I am desperate for Griffiths to be our new King Kenny.  Just his managers won't play him for his all round game I think.  Don't start this club football crap.  Not interested in that.

Well you do make us wonder? You seem to be totally ignoring/blotting out Leigh's mental issues which has seen him take time out of the game. He is on his way back and already has goals under his belt this season. King Kenny? Nah they ate two totally different players. 

Guest ElChris04

The last 6 days have been an absolute whirlwind and just flew in. This is me just getting round to commenting on here over it ahaha.

But even in the current climate, Thursday night and the days that followed where some of the happiest days of my life, Not just as a football fan but in general.

Like many of my DOB and onwards In my 20 years, I had yet to see my country qualify for a major tournament. Every tournament passing by, false dawns and it’s like what’s it going to take? The game was mental torture, when Serbia scored to make it 1-1 I was utter disgust thinking not again, then ET came then Penalties, I genuinely looked away when the penalties where taking then hearing “Marshall has Saved” I collapse to my knees with genuine tears of joy and 6 days on it still feels like a dream. 

I’ve seen my club Celtic win trebles, go unbeaten in a season, win 9 in a row...but genuinely nothing will compare to that feeling hearing Marshall has saved it, it will live with me for the rest of my life.. the emotions I felt for me it tops everything I’ve ever experienced as a football fan. My late uncle wasn’t here to see it who took me to my first Scotland game but i know he’d be smiling. 

It feels surreal saying it but Scotland are going to the euros 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💙

10 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

The last 6 days have been an absolute whirlwind and just flew in. This is me just getting round to commenting on here over it ahaha.

But even in the current climate, Thursday night and the days that followed where some of the happiest days of my life, Not just as a football fan but in general.

Like many of my DOB and onwards In my 20 years, I had yet to see my country qualify for a major tournament. Every tournament passing by, false dawns and it’s like what’s it going to take? The game was mental torture, when Serbia scored to make it 1-1 I was utter disgust thinking not again, then ET came then Penalties, I genuinely looked away when the penalties where taking then hearing “Marshall has Saved” I collapse to my knees with genuine tears of joy and 6 days on it still feels like a dream. 

I’ve seen my club Celtic win trebles, go unbeaten in a season, win 9 in a row...but genuinely nothing will compare to that feeling hearing Marshall has saved it, it will live with me for the rest of my life.. the emotions I felt for me it tops everything I’ve ever experienced as a football fan. My late uncle wasn’t here to see it who took me to my first Scotland game but i know he’d be smiling. 

It feels surreal saying it but Scotland are going to the euros 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💙

Very well said.

And I'm glad you're finally going to experience what previous generations took for granted. :)